Brostep / Skrillex and the Forum.

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Forum rules
New members: By using this site you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to our terms of use. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit the site immediately. All members must also fully comply with our forum rules while accessing and using the site. Click HERE to read them.

Postby Reverb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:46 am

Sonika wrote:
scottie584 wrote:Off Compa's fb page:

Out to the Miami gang that heard Skrillex play Dem A Talk last weekend at Ultra Music Festival. My mind > Blown.


:o



say WHAAAAT?

hey, ya know what? big ups to skrilly boy for playing that. He doesn't have to, but he makes an effort.

Skrillex is so close to making me like him. He seems like an nice enough guy, and trying to get Compa heard in the US. Respect.
User avatar
Reverb
 
Posts:
6331
Joined:
Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:26 am
Has Bigged up!:
314 times
Been Bigged up!:
102 times

Postby fractal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 am

dubfordessert wrote:rofl i knew everyone would cream themselves when they heard this. he played a tune, so fucking what

i play tunes as good as dem a talk at home all day every day

--> you
































--> the point
sub.wise:.
slow down

epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum
User avatar
fractal
Mako
 
Posts:
12134
Joined:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:
emerald city, cascadia
Has Bigged up!:
1 time
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby Nevalo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 am

i suspect that there were many "wheres the drop" comments made when ya boy skrill played dem a talk
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
https://soundcloud.com/nevalo/twentythirteenclap
User avatar
Nevalo
 
Posts:
16354
Joined:
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm
Location:
Chinatown
Has Bigged up!:
154 times
Been Bigged up!:
195 times

Postby dubfordessert » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 am

fractal wrote:
dubfordessert wrote:rofl i knew everyone would cream themselves when they heard this. he played a tune, so fucking what

i play tunes as good as dem a talk at home all day every day

--> you
--> the point


the thing about me playing tunes at home WAS a joke but yeah, i've got the point, i just really don't care tbh. i dont get why it's of such massive interest what skrillex plays at all, or what is in some radio 1 mix, or anything
AxeD wrote:post your awful taste in music you assholes


wobbles wrote::3
User avatar
dubfordessert
 
Posts:
3182
Joined:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby _cheef_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 am



smooth as silk
User avatar
_cheef_
 
Posts:
1364
Joined:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Location:
FARGO!
Has Bigged up!:
4 times
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby Nevalo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 am

_cheef_ wrote:

smooth as silk


*as smooth as drinking warm nutty shit
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
https://soundcloud.com/nevalo/twentythirteenclap
User avatar
Nevalo
 
Posts:
16354
Joined:
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm
Location:
Chinatown
Has Bigged up!:
154 times
Been Bigged up!:
195 times

Postby _cheef_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:03 am

Nevalo wrote:
_cheef_ wrote:

smooth as silk


*as smooth as drinking warm nutty shit


lol yeah I guess your right, I didn't hear this mix before posting

User avatar
_cheef_
 
Posts:
1364
Joined:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Location:
FARGO!
Has Bigged up!:
4 times
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby _cheef_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 am



jesus christ how may gucci gucci dubstep remixes does the world need?
User avatar
_cheef_
 
Posts:
1364
Joined:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Location:
FARGO!
Has Bigged up!:
4 times
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby _cheef_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:07 am

_cheef_ wrote:
jesus christ how may gucci gucci dubstep remixes does the world need?


lol actually pretty filthy if you listen to all 3 at once
User avatar
_cheef_
 
Posts:
1364
Joined:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Location:
FARGO!
Has Bigged up!:
4 times
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby hoody » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:19 am

pretty curious of what skrillex mixed dem a talk into and out of anyone know what the overall set was like or was that the only decent tune he played?
hoody
 
Posts:
56
Joined:
Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 am
Location:
Australia
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby Sonika » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am

Nevalo wrote:i suspect that there were many "wheres the drop" comments made when ya boy skrill played dem a talk



probably not if it was played on a proper system....
Image

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving."
-Waking Life

follow me
friend me
User avatar
Sonika
 
Posts:
7107
Joined:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm
Has Bigged up!:
13 times
Been Bigged up!:
14 times

Postby fractal » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am

dubfordessert wrote:
fractal wrote:
dubfordessert wrote:rofl i knew everyone would cream themselves when they heard this. he played a tune, so fucking what

i play tunes as good as dem a talk at home all day every day

--> you
--> the point


the thing about me playing tunes at home WAS a joke but yeah, i've got the point, i just really don't care tbh. i dont get why it's of such massive interest what skrillex plays at all, or what is in some radio 1 mix, or anything

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how many people took the time to join the forum because they care about music and want to discuss it. Big up everyone who takes time out of their day to explain to us how much they don't care :lol:
sub.wise:.
slow down

epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum
User avatar
fractal
Mako
 
Posts:
12134
Joined:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:
emerald city, cascadia
Has Bigged up!:
1 time
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby _cheef_ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 am

getting to hear a decent tune when paying a door cover in the double digits, couldn't ask for a better night.
User avatar
_cheef_
 
Posts:
1364
Joined:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm
Location:
FARGO!
Has Bigged up!:
4 times
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby Nevalo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 am

Sonika wrote:
Nevalo wrote:i suspect that there were many "wheres the drop" comments made when ya boy skrill played dem a talk



probably not if it was played on a proper system....


its a possibilty

but hey, most skrillex fans arent exactly in the know about subbass, so its almost llike why bother catering for it on the system
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
https://soundcloud.com/nevalo/twentythirteenclap
User avatar
Nevalo
 
Posts:
16354
Joined:
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm
Location:
Chinatown
Has Bigged up!:
154 times
Been Bigged up!:
195 times

Postby Sonika » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 am

Nevalo wrote:
Sonika wrote:
Nevalo wrote:i suspect that there were many "wheres the drop" comments made when ya boy skrill played dem a talk



probably not if it was played on a proper system....


its a possibilty

but hey, most skrillex fans arent exactly in the know about subbass, so its almost llike why bother catering for it on the system



true true, obviously they'd notice something different, but you'd still have to feel the impact on a tune like that on a decent system, I can practically feel an impact on Dem a Talk when I'm listening on my HEADPHONES for god's sake. And essentially that's what a "drop" IS, it's a physical impact.
Image

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving."
-Waking Life

follow me
friend me
User avatar
Sonika
 
Posts:
7107
Joined:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm
Has Bigged up!:
13 times
Been Bigged up!:
14 times

Postby Nevalo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 am

you try telling that to the legion of brostep fans
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
https://soundcloud.com/nevalo/twentythirteenclap
User avatar
Nevalo
 
Posts:
16354
Joined:
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm
Location:
Chinatown
Has Bigged up!:
154 times
Been Bigged up!:
195 times

Postby dubfordessert » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 am

fractal wrote:
dubfordessert wrote:
fractal wrote:
dubfordessert wrote:rofl i knew everyone would cream themselves when they heard this. he played a tune, so fucking what

i play tunes as good as dem a talk at home all day every day

--> you
--> the point


the thing about me playing tunes at home WAS a joke but yeah, i've got the point, i just really don't care tbh. i dont get why it's of such massive interest what skrillex plays at all, or what is in some radio 1 mix, or anything

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how many people took the time to join the forum because they care about music and want to discuss it. Big up everyone who takes time out of their day to explain to us how much they don't care :lol:


sorry i didn't realise everyone here was so into skrillex.

and naw it's not really about that, it's just why would you have such a massive opinion on the guy for it to do a huge switcheroo just because he played one good tune out, when you don't even like his music in the first place.

just looks straight up dumb from where i'm standing
Last edited by dubfordessert on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxeD wrote:post your awful taste in music you assholes


wobbles wrote::3
User avatar
dubfordessert
 
Posts:
3182
Joined:
Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:07 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
9 times

Postby Shum » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 am

Skrillex 4 lyf.
mIrReN wrote:
skimpi wrote:its called faux grime

foie grime mate
acquired taste
User avatar
Shum
 
Posts:
9226
Joined:
Sun May 16, 2010 10:14 am
Has Bigged up!:
678 times
Been Bigged up!:
211 times

Postby Reverb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:36 am

Dem A Talk goes off.
User avatar
Reverb
 
Posts:
6331
Joined:
Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:26 am
Has Bigged up!:
314 times
Been Bigged up!:
102 times

Postby Sonika » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 am

dubfordessert wrote:
sorry i didn't realise everyone here was so into skrillex.



oh you didn't know that? yeah man we love him around these parts, we're actually trying to convince the mods to change "dubstepforum" to "skrillexfanforum"....

:6:
Image

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving."
-Waking Life

follow me
friend me
User avatar
Sonika
 
Posts:
7107
Joined:
Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm
Has Bigged up!:
13 times
Been Bigged up!:
14 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion