PC for me???

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby Killamike49 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh god damnit. You win this round. :lol:
Datsik ft snak the ripper- Fully Blown (Team Americuh remix)
http://soundcloud.com/team-americuh/datsik-ft-snak-the-ripper
Dance Edit
http://soundcloud.com/raidsiren/dance-with-me-raidsiren-edit
Call me Mike
pikeymobile wrote:mate im not even joking i once pulled out of a girl and liquid shit shot out about 3 feet down my bed
User avatar
Killamike49
 
Posts:
863
Joined:
Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm
Location:
Houston, Texas
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby VirtualMark » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Triphosphate wrote:UpnDown: you're overthinking things WAY too much... you can literally go to Best Buy, grab any laptop or desktop on the market right now (not netbook) and you're good to go as far as FL 10 is concerned... if you aren't running Pro Tools HD I don't understand what the problem is... You mention FL having glitchy popping sounds, perhaps you never looked into the preferences and raised your buffering rate?


To be fair, that's not entirely true. It depends on the quality of components like the motherboard. Some pc's have real bad dpc latency spikes, the result being clicks and pops in audio. A pc built specifically for audio will usually have hardware that has been tested for this.

My dell laptop has shitty spikes, i bought it in 2008 and didn't know about this. I've disabled all of the stuff i don't use and they've gone down, and if i disable wifi they go altogether.

My i7 desktop was built from the list of components from one of scan.co.uk's audio pc's. It has ultra low latency, and i can run everything on minimal buffer settings.
User avatar
VirtualMark
 
Posts:
1802
Joined:
Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:15 am
Location:
UK South West
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby UpnDown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Triphosphate wrote:UpnDown: you're overthinking things WAY too much... you can literally go to Best Buy, grab any laptop or desktop on the market right now (not netbook) and you're good to go as far as FL 10 is concerned... if you aren't running Pro Tools HD I don't understand what the problem is... You mention FL having glitchy popping sounds, perhaps you never looked into the preferences and raised your buffering rate? Truth is, as far as your production goes you're not going to see ANY noticeable difference between and ASUS mobo and a ACER mobo.

Good luck! I'm actually quite interested in seeing if you can do any better than Eatbass... :roll:

acctually with my previous laptop i cheked everyything ,,i was using asio drivers and everything was to the max,,,the thing is im not a noob in this ,ive been making music since 2005 but when it comes to computer and hardware in general i suck ,lol
UpnDown
 
Posts:
46
Joined:
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby wub » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Maybe you needed to update ur crackz? What Version of Fruity did u last torrent?
JFK wrote:Wub is the DSF comedy master.


It's not who I am underneath, but my actions that define me

Image

http://soundcloud.com/worldwidewub

AIM - wub2028
User avatar
wub
Global moderator
 
Posts:
31773
Joined:
Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:11 pm
Location:
Madrid
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
542 times

Postby Killamike49 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

wub wrote:Maybe you needed to update ur crackz? What Version of Fruity did u last torrent?

:lol:
Datsik ft snak the ripper- Fully Blown (Team Americuh remix)
http://soundcloud.com/team-americuh/datsik-ft-snak-the-ripper
Dance Edit
http://soundcloud.com/raidsiren/dance-with-me-raidsiren-edit
Call me Mike
pikeymobile wrote:mate im not even joking i once pulled out of a girl and liquid shit shot out about 3 feet down my bed
User avatar
Killamike49
 
Posts:
863
Joined:
Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm
Location:
Houston, Texas
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby wub » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm

srs question m8, no need 2 lol @ me
JFK wrote:Wub is the DSF comedy master.


It's not who I am underneath, but my actions that define me

Image

http://soundcloud.com/worldwidewub

AIM - wub2028
User avatar
wub
Global moderator
 
Posts:
31773
Joined:
Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:11 pm
Location:
Madrid
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
542 times

Postby UpnDown » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 am

wub wrote:srs question m8, no need 2 lol @ me

i remeber i used fl 10 and ableton 8 (dont remeber exactly wich version) i also used Massive 1.1.5 and sylenth1 that hallowen edition or something like that ,and a bunch of other plugins.But i know that these cracks didnt make problems because my friend that i music with - used the EXACT same cracks with an old HP tower and he didnt have problems.
UpnDown
 
Posts:
46
Joined:
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby Eat Bass » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:50 am

i work for a week straight while in school making close to minimum wage to get maybe just one plugin, now thats dedication.
User avatar
Eat Bass
 
Posts:
1843
Joined:
Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm
Has Bigged up!:
2 times
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby e-motion » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 am

I sold my kidneys to buy Dr Drum, beat that.
e-motion
 
Posts:
400
Joined:
Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby UpnDown » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 pm

e-motion wrote:I sold my kidneys to buy Dr Drum, beat that.

lool hahahhahahahahahahhahahhhahahahhahahahahhaha
UpnDown
 
Posts:
46
Joined:
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby johney » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:19 pm

e-motion wrote:I sold my kidneys to buy Dr Drum, beat that.


You won't regret... I mean... You can export WAV's!!! :4:
FACEBOOKSOUNDCLOUDMIXCLOUDYOUTUBE

http://soundcloud.com/johney/xmas-2013-ep

dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
johney
 
Posts:
7761
Joined:
Mon May 25, 2009 3:18 pm
Location:
down in my heart
Has Bigged up!:
169 times
Been Bigged up!:
314 times

Postby Attila » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:18 am

Build from scratch. Just get an i5 2500k, p67 MB and 8 gigs of ram and you should be able to run small country. Don't waste 1800 euros on any computer.
Attila
 
Posts:
619
Joined:
Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby UpnDown » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Attila wrote:Build from scratch. Just get an i5 2500k, p67 MB and 8 gigs of ram and you should be able to run small country. Don't waste 1800 euros on any computer.

is it even possible to build a laptop by yourslef..i know for a tower but im searching for a laptop
UpnDown
 
Posts:
46
Joined:
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Previous

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical