How to get FL tracks sounding tight?

hardware, software, tips and tricks
Forum rules
By using this "Production" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Feedback Forum

Postby RandoRando » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:46 am

I can't keep iTunes open . I use ASIO which disables all other audio..........
RandoRando

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby nowaysj » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 am

Asio doesn't do that, your audio I/O's implementation of the asio driver protocol does that. I use asio drivers and can listen to itunes, youtube, and flstudio simultaneously.

If you're referring to Asio4All, yeah, that driver is single client. If you are stuck with a janky driver like that, import mp3's of other artists tracks into your project to a/b with your own mix.
nowaysj

Has Bigged up!:
1762 times
Been Bigged up!:
677 times

Postby RandoRando » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 pm

nowaysj wrote:Asio doesn't do that, your audio I/O's implementation of the asio driver protocol does that. I use asio drivers and can listen to itunes, youtube, and flstudio simultaneously.

If you're referring to Asio4All, yeah, that driver is single client. If you are stuck with a janky driver like that, import mp3's of other artists tracks into your project to a/b with your own mix.

Yeah i have asio4all.
I wasnt aware there was just an "asio".
where do i get that and is it any better?
RandoRando

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby Electric_Head » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm

RandoRando wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Asio doesn't do that, your audio I/O's implementation of the asio driver protocol does that. I use asio drivers and can listen to itunes, youtube, and flstudio simultaneously.

Yeah i have asio4all.
I wasnt aware there was just an "asio".
where do i get that and is it any better?

your soundcard or interface will normally come with a native asio driver
it`ll always be better than asio4all as it will suite your card/interface
Electric_Head

Has Bigged up!:
174 times
Been Bigged up!:
206 times

Postby Katalix » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm

I use fl studio, How does this sound? Any ideas for something to make it better? http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&hl=en- ... dKBrvawcjw
Katalix

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby tripwire22 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Katalix wrote:I use fl studio, How does this sound? Any ideas for something to make it better? http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&hl=en- ... dKBrvawcjw

work on ur subtractive eq. Boost what you need cut what you don't. leave headroom I.e gain structure. Use compression and reverb.
tripwire22

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby Katalix » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Appreciate that man thanx but I'm only an amateur could you share you expertise a little more please
Katalix

Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
0 time

Postby Basic A » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:47 pm

nowaysj wrote:
Sharmaji wrote:keep itunes open while working and constantly reference other mixes.

Sharmaji wrote:keep itunes open while working and constantly reference other mixes.

That had to take dedication my man.

Props.
http://soundcloud.com/drjinx/raoul-juke-sous-le-pont-du-dr
http://soundcloud.com/teknicyde/targetneutralized

:::::: Basic A. ::::: Teknicyde ::::: Dr. J!nx :::::
Phantom Hertz - Fentplates - Reboot Records - Cosmology - Applied Mathematics
Basic A

Pittsburgh - You might know me as Teknicyde
Has Bigged up!:
0 time
Been Bigged up!:
2 times

Postby nowaysj » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:44 am

NO quicker way to learn, so it bears repeating in full rainbow.
nowaysj

Has Bigged up!:
1762 times
Been Bigged up!:
677 times

Previous

Return to Production, Hardware & Technical