Search found 207 matches
- Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Question about frequency and volume
- Replies: 26
- Views: 3367
Re: Question about frequency and volume
It's a phenomenon that occurs with EQ/filters in general, not just the one he's using or only digital 
- Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Question about frequency and volume
- Replies: 26
- Views: 3367
Re: Question about frequency and volume
The level can't go up when you're only cutting off bass though, that's impossible.
Actually, it can and often does. ;-)
When you cut or boost with your EQ, you're not merely applying a gain change to a specific set of frequencies, you're introducing phase changes which can indeed make the peak ...
Actually, it can and often does. ;-)
When you cut or boost with your EQ, you're not merely applying a gain change to a specific set of frequencies, you're introducing phase changes which can indeed make the peak ...
- Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
- Replies: 8
- Views: 834
Re: Music Production website for gaining useful feedback.
Hey, we have coder headz here too! 
- Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Massive VST problem with Ableton
- Replies: 18
- Views: 13516
Re: Massive VST problem with Ableton
The obvious - are you sure you're looking in the right place in Ableton? It won't be in the same place as the built-in ableton devices, there's a little plug icon below it for third party plugins.
- Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: I'm humming a pattern ... now I need to get it in logic.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 10950
Re: I'm humming a pattern ... now I need to get it in logic.
I believe (though I don't think I've ever met one) that people do exist who literally cannot do that, but it's way rarer than people think, most people who say they're tone deaf are just a bit rusty. Try playing a note and singing it for a few minutes every day and you'll quickly improve.
There's a ...
There's a ...
- Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:33 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: gain structure and mixing aka THE MONEYSHOT THREAD
- Replies: 1222
- Views: 666667
Re: gain structure and mixing aka THE MONEYSHOT THREAD
Alt+Left Click in Pro-L. Very useful.macc wrote:wirez wrote: Elephant you can right click/drag the input to drop the output by the same amount. Similar for Fabfilter Pro-L I think.
- Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:43 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: the classic "take a photo of your setup" thread
- Replies: 3555
- Views: 1148959
Re: the classic "take a photo of your setup" thread
Haha, my proper humble little space:

No comments about the dust, there's way worse examples of my slobbiness out of shot don't you worry
Piano stool is a nice nostalgic remnant of GCSEs...

No comments about the dust, there's way worse examples of my slobbiness out of shot don't you worry
Piano stool is a nice nostalgic remnant of GCSEs...
- Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:00 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Hide Your Sources
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2104
Re: Hide Your Sources
French guy, btw, is called Blek le Rat, and he is awesome.
- Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:51 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: mixxdown?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 888
Re: mixxdown?
Still got the limiter on the master that FL puts there by default? Get rid of that. Then read the first few pages of the moneyshot thread. (Search)
- Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:49 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Alesis M1Active 520 monitors + gold tipped TRS cables £50
- Replies: 25
- Views: 4149
Re: Alesis M1Active 520 monitors + gold tipped TRS cables £1
I'm a skint person with a tiny room! (Like.. a cupboard)
Who doesn't have 100 quid to blow atm. Shit always comes up at the wrong time
Who doesn't have 100 quid to blow atm. Shit always comes up at the wrong time
- Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 am
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Ableton CPU going crazy on decent spec laptop?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 2778
Re: Ableton CPU going crazy on decent spec laptop?
Make sure you're 100% up to date on patches. There was a version of 8, I don't remember exactly which, that had weird bugs that made stupidly high CPU usage on my machine, that went away in a later patch.
- Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Presonus Studio One Pro
- Replies: 24
- Views: 5097
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro
Yeah, reversing, splitting, fades and all that sort of stuff is available straight on the event editor much like cubase or reaper. Stretching a clip is just holding down alt and dragging it longer or shorter.
- Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Dark Sweeping Pad Tutorial (Massive)
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1344
Re: Dark Sweeping Pad Tutorial (Massive)
I think maybe you embedded the wrong tutorial, did you mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTqpO8MuYY
- Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:04 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Easy Mastering
- Replies: 64
- Views: 15340
Re: Easy Mastering
Without the human element, surely you might as well just stick 3dB of limiting on it? Or am I being super naive about how this thing works?
- Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: I can't make music when I want...
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3987
Re: I can't make music when I want...
Perhaps you have to force it man. Lay out some kind of template of a track and give yourself a structure and limitations (at least when you're feeling like this) and just force yourself to go at it.
I know I do. If i just made synth patches and breaks when I was feeling uninspired it'd be all I did ...
I know I do. If i just made synth patches and breaks when I was feeling uninspired it'd be all I did ...
- Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Presonus Studio One Pro
- Replies: 24
- Views: 5097
Re: Presonus Studio One Pro
I rewire Reason into it.
I love the DAW itself, it feels almost logicy or like a cleaner cubase. Haven't had any experience with bugs or anything like that, quite the opposite really, it's super low on resources and stable. The stock effects are imo really really high quality, I'm not like an ...
I love the DAW itself, it feels almost logicy or like a cleaner cubase. Haven't had any experience with bugs or anything like that, quite the opposite really, it's super low on resources and stable. The stock effects are imo really really high quality, I'm not like an ...
- Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: Skrillex is a sampler
- Replies: 186
- Views: 45047
Re: Skrillex is a sampler
Holy shit, after becoming a full-time producer and getting a lot of practice and releases in, as well as getting contacts with some big names to help him out, a producer got a lot better over a few years!
I smell funny business.
I smell funny business.
- Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: For those of you who have trouble bringing yourself to sleep
- Replies: 28
- Views: 3168
- Sat May 14, 2011 3:29 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: This guy needs to be punished!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 543
Re: This guy needs to be punished!
not bein too harsh but spamming to fight spammers seems to be contributing to the problem dunnit
i wish soundcloud would make some sort of attempt to sort it out, or expose the shit in the api to allow other people to
i wish soundcloud would make some sort of attempt to sort it out, or expose the shit in the api to allow other people to
- Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 pm
- Forum: Production, Hardware & Technical
- Topic: what are my options?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 1997
Re: what are my options?
studio one or reaper