Skream - Outside the Box

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
User avatar
tobo
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Hackney/Sheffield

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by tobo » Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 pm

saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
icanicant
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm
Location: Sheffield / Leeeeeeeeeds

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by icanicant » Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm

tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Yeah was a big night. great set from skream. Cant believe it did not even come close to selling out :? . Not complain tho.
Ludacris- Area Codes Remix
Soundcloud

adamjames
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by adamjames » Wed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Reached the Sheffield gig.
Was abit dissapointed but I suppose he had to try and appeal mainly to a mainstream student audience.
Records, Frogger + Raw Dogz went off though.

suicidesound
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Leicester/Essex

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by suicidesound » Wed May 12, 2010 5:11 pm

listening to the records on my wall is too large
Image

SuicideSound
Check us out on:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2 ... 275&ref=ts



Jamie Kelly
Artist Agent

+44 (0)7906 978 008

http://www.AcutePromotions.co.uk

User avatar
tobo
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Hackney/Sheffield

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by tobo » Wed May 12, 2010 8:50 pm

icanicant wrote:
tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Yeah was a big night. great set from skream. Cant believe it did not even come close to selling out :? . Not complain tho.
Did it not? seemed pretty crowded. It is the middle of exam period though.
adamjames wrote:Reached the Sheffield gig.
Was abit dissapointed but I suppose he had to try and appeal mainly to a mainstream student audience.
Records, Frogger + Raw Dogz went off though.
Yeah, I agree. He played some interesting 2-step stuff in the middle, but the crowd went dead so he went back to the wobblers. It's the student audience.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
icanicant
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm
Location: Sheffield / Leeeeeeeeeds

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by icanicant » Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 pm

tobo wrote:
icanicant wrote:
tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Yeah was a big night. great set from skream. Cant believe it did not even come close to selling out :? . Not complain tho.
Did it not? seemed pretty crowded. It is the middle of exam period though.
adamjames wrote:Reached the Sheffield gig.
Was abit dissapointed but I suppose he had to try and appeal mainly to a mainstream student audience.
Records, Frogger + Raw Dogz went off though.
Yeah, I agree. He played some interesting 2-step stuff in the middle, but the crowd went dead so he went back to the wobblers. It's the student audience.
You clearly didn't go see chase and status there lol. Pure hell plus they were shit anyway.
Agree there was a bit too much wobble stuff but still great. Would love to see a skream set where he played all his older stuff that would be awesome.
Ludacris- Area Codes Remix
Soundcloud

DJ desire
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: where ever the tunes are (UK)

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by DJ desire » Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm

toatly agree stuff like the judgement and monsoon :D

User avatar
CollisionCourse
Posts: 821
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by CollisionCourse » Wed May 12, 2010 10:22 pm

suicidesound wrote:listening to the records on my wall is too large
:!:

User avatar
mattrelton
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: Leeds/Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by mattrelton » Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 am

icanicant wrote:
tobo wrote:
icanicant wrote:
tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Yeah was a big night. great set from skream. Cant believe it did not even come close to selling out :? . Not complain tho.
Did it not? seemed pretty crowded. It is the middle of exam period though.
adamjames wrote:Reached the Sheffield gig.
Was abit dissapointed but I suppose he had to try and appeal mainly to a mainstream student audience.
Records, Frogger + Raw Dogz went off though.
Yeah, I agree. He played some interesting 2-step stuff in the middle, but the crowd went dead so he went back to the wobblers. It's the student audience.
You clearly didn't go see chase and status there lol. Pure hell plus they were shit anyway.
Agree there was a bit too much wobble stuff but still great. Would love to see a skream set where he played all his older stuff that would be awesome.
Ye definitely to much wobble, as it was advertised as an album set I was expecting some more interesting stuff. Still a great set though, and pokes is always entertaining.

User avatar
Rowdy
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 am

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by Rowdy » Thu May 13, 2010 2:09 am

tobo wrote:
adamjames wrote:Reached the Sheffield gig.
Was abit dissapointed but I suppose he had to try and appeal mainly to a mainstream student audience.
Records, Frogger + Raw Dogz went off though.
Yeah, I agree. He played some interesting 2-step stuff in the middle, but the crowd went dead so he went back to the wobblers. It's the student audience.
The one dead thing about my student lifestyle is that everyone plays me shit music when I go to see them. I get depressed.

Lichee
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 am

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by Lichee » Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 am

tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Holy shit dude how did you raise the money??? hahaha you say it likes its big. Cinema costs over £6 alone

User avatar
tobo
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Hackney/Sheffield

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by tobo » Thu May 13, 2010 9:56 am

Lichee wrote:
tobo wrote:saw Skream live at Tuesday Clug last night. Cost £8 but I got to hear 'records on my wall' live, so it was worth it.
Holy shit dude how did you raise the money??? hahaha you say it likes its big. Cinema costs over £6 alone
Guess you've never been to Tuesday Club. It's not worth £8.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Kensington
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: London

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by Kensington » Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 am

luthervandub wrote:
kli1 wrote:This is sick, going to be on the album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUvi9MmK_k
can't even hear it to be honest mate

Download the Rinse@Matter podcast https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... QUx2Wmc9PQ and it's the last song played in the set (51:00)

Really feeling it.

User avatar
curtis loves music
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by curtis loves music » Thu May 20, 2010 2:38 pm

esfandyar wrote:
drokkr wrote:I'd love to see Clap Your Hands getting on this...
yeah this track needs a release.

How do you think this album will compare to his last one? His self titled album is from a completely different time for dubstep's sound, I know, but look at the evolved progression. Just from the tracks Skream said were gonna be released is gonna make for a gigantic album. Can't wait!

I Give You Everything is the tune for me. I want to mix it with everything.
Clap Your Hands has alreadty been released on Skream's Soundcloud http://www.soundcloud.com/skreamizm or send me a PM and i'll send it!
Twitter; @c4curtis
AIM/iChat; kurtis-@mac.com
Xbox; Kurt Dawg x
Facebook; Facebook.com/curtiswrightx
Blogger; a4pilots.blogspot.com / curtiswrightx.blogspot.com

r100
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by r100 » Sun May 23, 2010 1:25 pm

can't wait for the album heard these two from the album which cant see links for on the thread yet
- The last song from the skream/benga set fwd rinse 30/04/10 called "Where You Should Be ft. Sam Frank" from listening to the lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCGWgWIXDY - How Real ft. Freckles
Last edited by r100 on Sat May 29, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
-dubson-
Posts: 4356
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:09 pm

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by -dubson- » Sun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

That is a great tune. Seriously love it.

ottolag
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 pm
Location: London/Nottingham

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by ottolag » Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Fact Magazine have done a feature on the album and have released the tracklist....

http://www.factmag.com/2010/05/27/skrea ... e-the-box/

Looks like 'I give you everything' and 'I cant wait' feat the Newham Gens missed the cut. Maybe they're two of the "four or five tracks” on the "bonus edition of Outside the Box".
Phigure wrote:mt eden and burial are apples and oranges....
except that the apples are made of shit and the oranges made of angel tears

Se>>ions---Nottingham, first monday every month at Bodega Social Club

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 950&ref=ts
http://twitter.com/SessionsEvents
http://www.sessionsevents.co.uk/

User avatar
shambandito
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by shambandito » Thu May 27, 2010 4:00 pm

ottolag wrote:Fact Magazine have done a feature on the album and have released the tracklist....

http://www.factmag.com/2010/05/27/skrea ... e-the-box/

Looks like 'I give you everything' and 'I cant wait' feat the Newham Gens missed the cut. Maybe they're two of the "four or five tracks” on the "bonus edition of Outside the Box".
afaik "i give you everything / listening to the records on my wall" is the first single off the album, so would make sense that 'i give you everything' is on it
stoppauseplay wrote: its kind of like beating the shit into someone with a brick, getting arrested, getting out and making a t shirt that says "bricks are not a crime"

http://soundcloud.com/sham-1

Dubterrain Radio - Mondays 7-8pm GMT

User avatar
Luke Yeah?
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by Luke Yeah? » Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Really cannot wait to get this now. The tracklist is full of must haves and i cant wait to hear the new bits! :)

ottolag
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 pm
Location: London/Nottingham

Re: Skream - Outside the Box

Post by ottolag » Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm

all those unreleased club bangers are gunna be on skreamizm 6 too. big BIG yeah for skream
Phigure wrote:mt eden and burial are apples and oranges....
except that the apples are made of shit and the oranges made of angel tears

Se>>ions---Nottingham, first monday every month at Bodega Social Club

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 950&ref=ts
http://twitter.com/SessionsEvents
http://www.sessionsevents.co.uk/

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests