So Rihannas new tune is a dubstep tune

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
cyrusfx

Re: So Rihannas new tune is a dubstep tune

Post by cyrusfx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:20 pm

thunderloops wrote:this is huge though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79dkJBCHyM
this song makes me want to hurl.

_boring

Post by _boring » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 pm

at least shes trying something different, chris browns new shit is fucking awful.
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMANSTEP
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMAN-2
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMAN-3
WAXMUSEUMRADIO.NET
MNM PRESENTS/QUEEN CITY CARTEL
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

cyrusfx

Post by cyrusfx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Yooch wrote:I've signed up solely to tell Cyrusfx that your rejecting popular music so intensely that its gone full circle and you look like a narrow minded fool.

You clearly care too much about the image of music when really its just a collection of sounds and melodies that you either like or dislike. Why don't you actually boil down what kind of sound your brain gets 'tickled' by and stop this instant tribal dislike for stuff that has even the slightest bit of mainstream popularity.

There is a reason why we have a fairly eclectic national radio over here and ironically you have just highlighted why you do not.
What? That makes even less sense than me, man.

The collection of sounds and melodies in current Top 40 songs are bland, familiar and rehashed ad nauseum and they heavily depend on image and marketing. That's why its not real music to me and has no artistic merit. That was the point I was trying to make. Real music should be good by itself - just you and a couple speakers - and not depend on image, attitude or what your friends think in order for you to get the full effect.

I swear, arguing with some of you about whether or not corporate radio has your best interests in mind is like trying to convince a rightwinger that Rush Limbaugh isn't always 100% truthful.

cyrusfx

Post by cyrusfx » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 pm

-boring wrote:at least shes trying something different, chris browns new shit is fucking awful.
this sentiment I concur with 100%.

"There is just this awful, insidious way that the mainstream just consumes you, and I love the people who push against the tide of that – because it's a huge undertaking to do that." - Mary Anne Hobbs in Joe Muggs' new interview.

rsk

Post by rsk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 am

"There is just this awful, insidious way that the mainstream just consumes you, and I love the people who push against the tide of that – because it's a huge undertaking to do that." - Mary Anne Hobbs in Joe Muggs' new interview.
word fucking up! :4:
follow me! twitter/@RSKullcrusha

ruckus49

Post by ruckus49 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:37 am

for all you people who dont appreciate timbaland. dude set so many trends in hiphop and other popular music. hes a legend

fractal
Mako

Post by fractal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 am

i just love hearing someone say joker sounds "fresh and innovative" out of one sound of his mouth, and timba is "mainstream and bland" out of the other... :lol: i hope joker reads this!

i dont think anyone was ever arguing as to wether or not commercial radio in america has our best interest in mind. We were simply stating that not everything that hits the radio is terrible, some of that stuff actually made it there by just being good. Not that it makes any dif, but how old are you cyrusfx? maybe timbo was just before your time?
sub.wise:.
slow down
epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum

rupert

Post by rupert » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Last time I went to FWD I was "brainwashed" by the repetitive nature of the music to hand over some cash at the door and buy at least 4 bottles of Guinness, now I know that I'm just a pawn in their evil schemes to get me to part with cash and dance and have a good time I will just stick to staying at home masturbating furiously to Stockhausen, John Cage and Phillip "Phillyblunts" Glass. I'm am now truly enlightened.
CLEAR ALL OF YOUR CD RACK WONT GET NONE OF YOUR CDS BACK

cyrusfx

Post by cyrusfx » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

fractal wrote:i just love hearing someone say joker sounds "fresh and innovative" out of one sound of his mouth, and timba is "mainstream and bland" out of the other... :lol: i hope joker reads this!
Joker's beats are far more rhythmically complicated and novel than Timbaland's. The sounds he uses are being put together in different ways and they are not nearly as kitschy or cutesy. Plus, it helps that there's not some annoying ego shouting generic rap lyrics over every Joker track.
Last edited by cyrusfx on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1017_duck

Post by 1017_duck » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

what happened to you cyrusfx? never took you for an excessive moaner till this...
hey, you wouldn't hire a clown to fix a leak in the john..so why do you let these hooligans tear down the biz?

fractal
Mako

Post by fractal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

:lol:

oh dsf
sub.wise:.
slow down
epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum

cloak and dagger
Location: Sittin' on the curb debatin' how to get it percolatin'

Post by cloak and dagger » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 am

My point was that you made a list of what you think all mainstream music shares in common with each other, and I was simply pointing out that some of the best music of the past half-century fits into that list...also, in a lot of ways, Timbaland doesn't.

pure

Post by pure » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 pm

cyrusfx wrote:

benjimans

Post by benjimans » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Fail

tosker

Post by tosker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:51 pm

i think this might be my first post on the forum?

i was actually thinking about creating a timbaland appreciation thread recently, after having been turned on to his early, recognized production work.
check out "beep me 911" or "pass da blunt" off of missy elliot's supa dupa fly album or the intro to aaliyah's one in a million album. the aaliyah track is fairly reminiscent of garage to me, and it was released in '96?? and the beatbox sequencing in the missy tracks is a timbaland trademark echoed in hud mo (the last track on the polyfolk dance ep). i was too young when he broke through, so i can't place what kinda stuff was being played over the air at the time, but i would infer that nothing was as innovative as those timbaland beats.

that being said, i think his later and present tunes are garbage, the icing to the cake being that he seems like an arrogant motherfucker.

Does that warrants a dismissal of his early contributions, though?

pure

Post by pure » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Im not sure the commercial pop crew are gonna feel this album and we aint buying it so.....

screech

Post by screech » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:27 am

Dark Reign

Post by Dark Reign » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:33 am

I think I started this Timbaland talk when I said "better C&S than timbaland" hahaha never thought it would escalate. Tims old beats were actually good but now he sucks. end of story.

Pistonsbeneath

Post by Pistonsbeneath » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:39 am

her record flopping would be the best thing for dubstep
http://www.mixcloud.com/garethom/night-tracks-040-pistonsbeneath-guest-mix/

Soundcloud

BUY PISTONSBENEATH 24TH CENTURY EP CDS & DIGITAL

THREAD FOR MY GETDARKER SETS W/ YOUTUBE LINKS, ITUNES & DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS

SCA MIX

HEDMUK MIX

bookings - verity at subcultureartists.com