DJ Youngsta

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
hendramarshall

Re: DJ Youngsta

Post by hendramarshall » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Mutiny wrote:
skeley69 wrote:sup people
anyone have an ID for this track? i think its Commodo but could be wrong.

safe
Yeah one is by Commodo, im not sure of the title though. Vibes!
more quality from commodo, so many big dubs. would kill to have this, eastern bloc or UPRISING (!!!) in the bag
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
Soundcloud
twitter: @lindaledj

hendramarshall

Post by hendramarshall » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

charliefoy wrote:
hendramarshall wrote:
charliefoy wrote:
murky21 wrote:whats this tune that Momentum is mixing out of now? Big!
J:Kenzo-Nocturnal Feelings
If we're on the same page...
i think that would be the one momentum is mixing in to. an idea the one before? pretty bouncy sounding tune
Yeah I always get confused with whats mixing into and out of what haha
just ran across this listening to dubs on youtube haha, pretty sure this was the one we were lookin for murky :W: big up the soap dodgers

"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Soundcloud

murky21
Fantasy Football King

Post by murky21 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:08 pm

yeah massive tune. really big, eyes peeled for soap dodgers output now. And that Commodo dub is huge too Skeley, can't help on i.d. only heard Yunx play it so far- Commodo...... :Q: :e:

dirt

Post by dirt » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Anyone got any insights into how Younx manages to be so precise in the mix?? Is it down to perfect timing on releasing the record/CD... subtle EQing... harmonics... encyclopaedic knowledge of BPMs... shit hot equipment... or all of the above? I'm not sure if i've ever heard a ropey mix by him, where your aware of the blend or adjustments in pitch etc.

-t- -t- -t-

Rinse should do a series of video 'tutorial' things or a webcam or something so you can see clearly the mix and blend by the top dogs in the game and their various styles. :w:

fooishbar

Post by fooishbar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:19 pm

by being a fucking freak with beatmatching for one, and being really careful about where he makes his adjustments, so you don't hear them when they get made. but a lot of it really is down to selection and choice of what to mix with what, as well as properly phrasing (timing) the mixes, and the eqing too. you don't hear ropey mixes because he's not just banging random tunes together and hoping for the best - the tunes he mixes together sound like they were meant to be together 'cause they are.

mymatedave

Post by mymatedave » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Youngsta doesnt need to beat match, the music just flows through him.
Hail the Youngsta.

kirky

Post by kirky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Blerim wrote:
kirky wrote:Only locked for last 45 mins, but all this dnb has been dark and deep. Loving it, I want to see him booked for a dnb set in nottingham, would be ridiculous!
truuuuuust! nottingham hasnt had anyone good for ages man, not since youngsta came like last november ha

edit: just generally, whereas we get Borgore/bar9/skrillex/trolley snatcha/funtcase every fuckin week, where are kryptic minds/icicle/dj madd/jack sparrow/jay 5ive/kromestar/silkie/tunnidge etc etc?!
hahaha i agree with you man, nottingham has been pretty wank recently. I have seen all of those class djs you mentioned within the last year in nottingham though haha. Distance on thursday!

Sheff

Post by Sheff » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm

hendramarshall wrote:
charliefoy wrote:
hendramarshall wrote:
charliefoy wrote:
i think that would be the one momentum is mixing in to. an idea the one before? pretty bouncy sounding tune
just ran across this listening to dubs on youtube haha, pretty sure this was the one we were lookin for murky :W: big up the soap dodgers

shout at 1:30 is me.
im fucking famous

wfg1

Post by wfg1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

download link for latest?
http://williamfrancisgreen.tumblr.com/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

profound

Post by profound » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

dirt wrote:Anyone got any insights into how Younx manages to be so precise in the mix?? Is it down to perfect timing on releasing the record/CD... subtle EQing... harmonics... encyclopaedic knowledge of BPMs... shit hot equipment... or all of the above? I'm not sure if i've ever heard a ropey mix by him, where your aware of the blend or adjustments in pitch etc.

-t- -t- -t-

Rinse should do a series of video 'tutorial' things or a webcam or something so you can see clearly the mix and blend by the top dogs in the game and their various styles. :w:
Youngsta indeed rarely makes mistakes, it's absurd! And A as dj i always pay attention to that sort of things.
Although, when he used to play wax, he made more mistakes, his mixing still was next level, but he clearly got better mixing with cd's, as it's 'easier' than mixing with vinyl.
Soundcloud

Oldschool 12" promomix

cosmic_surgeon

Post by cosmic_surgeon » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:05 pm

wfg1 wrote:download link for latest?
http://rinse.fm/category/podcast/
https://www.mixcloud.com/Sublogos/winter-20145-session/
The Everlasting Guest
Inorganic Tumblr|Inorganic Facebook

Psst... listen to the Inorganic Audio show on Future Music FM!
Every fortnight on Wednesdays from 2200-0000.

Sheff

Post by Sheff » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm

profound wrote:
dirt wrote:Anyone got any insights into how Younx manages to be so precise in the mix?? Is it down to perfect timing on releasing the record/CD... subtle EQing... harmonics... encyclopaedic knowledge of BPMs... shit hot equipment... or all of the above? I'm not sure if i've ever heard a ropey mix by him, where your aware of the blend or adjustments in pitch etc.

-t- -t- -t-

Youngsta indeed rarely makes mistakes, it's absurd! And A as dj i always pay attention to that sort of things.
Although, when he used to play wax, he made more mistakes, his mixing still was next level, but he clearly got better mixing with cd's, as it's 'easier' than mixing with vinyl.

same, as a DJ myself his mixing just seems robotic.
id love for him to make a mistake once during a set just to show that hes human :lol:

he's inspiring

Rahul

Post by Rahul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Johoosh wrote:
alextheswede wrote:haven't done one in a while so i'm attempting to do a tracklist for the last show
I'm going to possibly embarass myself by my lack of old-school knowledge and try and make a tracklist for the Youngsta old-school set, 28-10-10.

Feel free to correct/fill in where i've missed out, would love to get some I.Ds :Q:

1.Skream - Dub Period
2.D1 - Crack Bong (Loefah Remix)
3.Skream - Untitled
4.Loefah - Ruffage
5.Skream - Rutten VIP
6.Loefah - Midnight
7.????
8.???? (Wobbly garage tune-Re-wound)
9.Digital Mystikz - Give Jah Glory
10.Loefah - Root
11.Mala - Blue Notez
12.High Plains Drifter vs Goldspot - Sholay
13.Skream - I
14.Loefah - Mud
15.Skream - Midnight Request Line
16.Skream - Monsoon (Loefah Remix)
17.Skream - Deep Concentration
18.????
19.Loefah - Twis Up
20.Loefah - Goat Stare
21.????
22.D1 - Boiler
23.Skream - Lightnin (VIP?)
24.Loefah - System
25.Digital Mystikz - 10 Dread Commandments
26.Vex'd - 3rd Choice (Loefah Remix)
27.Loefah - Twis Up (Youngsta & Task VIP)

Sure these tunes should be I.Dable.
Shurgosa wrote: Dubstep tends to be noisy and aggressive under any circumstances
Soundcloud

hendramarshall

Post by hendramarshall » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Sheff wrote: shout at 1:30 is me.
im fucking famous
hahahaa, sometimes actually feels that way when you get a shout huh
― Pinch

Soundcloud

TherapyBE

Post by TherapyBE » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:49 am

fooishbar wrote:by being a fucking freak with beatmatching for one, and being really careful about where he makes his adjustments, so you don't hear them when they get made. but a lot of it really is down to selection and choice of what to mix with what, as well as properly phrasing (timing) the mixes, and the eqing too. you don't hear ropey mixes because he's not just banging random tunes together and hoping for the best - the tunes he mixes together sound like they were meant to be together 'cause they are.
:U:
aka Therapy
http://www.mixcloud.com/therapydj/drum-and-bass-summermix-2013/

Lurka
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by Lurka » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:59 pm

hendramarshall wrote:
Mutiny wrote:
skeley69 wrote:sup people
anyone have an ID for this track? i think its Commodo but could be wrong.

safe
Yeah one is by Commodo, im not sure of the title though. Vibes!
more quality from commodo, so many big dubs. would kill to have this, eastern bloc or UPRISING (!!!) in the bag
This one is Commodo-00 one of the many bangers hes got locked away in his dub pouch! ahaha! seriously big choon! watch out!

hendramarshall

Post by hendramarshall » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 pm

trigga!!! wrote:

This one is Commodo-00 one of the many bangers hes got locked away in his dub pouch! ahaha! seriously big choon! watch out!
yes! big up yourself mr. lurka. been battering the life out of BOXCL005 8) , thanks for the ID!
― Pinch

Soundcloud

basra

Post by basra » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

hendramarshall wrote:
charliefoy wrote:
hendramarshall wrote:
charliefoy wrote:

What's the name of the Skream tune Youngsta plays at 1min 47? It's slipped by mind.

soulkids

Post by soulkids » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:36 pm

amity step

offkey lickedbeatz

Post by offkey lickedbeatz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Catch him playing at Licked Beatz 1st Birthday Bash - Cable - This friday :)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/even ... 8584989788