DJ Youngsta

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
titchbit

Re: DJ Youngsta

Post by titchbit » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 pm

skitz_0 wrote:i haven't been listening in weekly as much as i used to a few years ago, but hearing the tunes he plays on radio out in a club makes you forget about the fact that you've heard them through your monitors/headphones X number of times. still find myself loving it and dancing along.
exactly

welp it looks like you guys got what you wanted......

hendramarshall

Post by hendramarshall » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:22 pm

skitz_0 wrote:the original dubplate version of embryo was miles ahead of the one that got a release, as well, imo.
and re: the youngsta shows getting stale, i'm with the others thinking that pushing a sound every week can get tough (someone else mentioned the same problem with the swamp shows). think that's why someone like joe nice who has his show monthly is able to keep it sounding fresh, even when older tunes get played.

i haven't been listening in weekly as much as i used to a few years ago, but hearing the tunes he plays on radio out in a club makes you forget about the fact that you've heard them through your monitors/headphones X number of times. still find myself loving it and dancing along.
Dan on the money as per! Couldn't agree more
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
Soundcloud
twitter: @lindaledj

TooMuch

Post by TooMuch » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 pm

the technooooooooo is out in full force

polzyx

Post by polzyx » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:03 pm

I do realise that keeping the show fresh while having it each and every monday its hard, but to me last year of yunx sessions was not the same as few years back.
That whole techno movement, battering each Truth tune to dead, not drawing for olders tunes ( for example ) etc - I do realise that he's the selector, but come on - theres plenty of good music - why keeping it stale?

Lets just bring back:
1) Power hour / 170 30min.
2) Toast/Task ( SP is a badman on a mic dont get me wrong)
3) Kryptic Minds together
4) Kryptic Minds together
5) Maktu
6) Headhunter on 140

:w:

thats why for me right now Kenzo > Youngsta. His recent show (b2b Sun of Selah) just proves it (ffs that Sound Control tune is too much).
legend4ry wrote:
"Well I am still living in that haze that dubstep is about a dark room with a big system, peoples with their heads down and trigger fingers in the air."

Liam92

Post by Liam92 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:51 am

Anti Social is the best show for 140 and has been for a while now, plays every style and G-Double is a class host!

MrReplay

Post by MrReplay » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 pm

polzyx wrote:
thats why for me right now Kenzo > Youngsta.
Agreed. Kenzo's selection is MUCH much better in my opinion. To some extent I prefer the way he mixes too - I like the way he drops tunes / basslines - his mixing gives me the screwface much more than Yunx does nowadays

To me it sounds like Yunx leaves tracks mixed because he can, not because it sounds good.

Techno influenced tunes make me cringe so much, I fucking hate it.

jrkhnds

Post by jrkhnds » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:43 pm

pissedone wrote: Techno influenced tunes make me cringe so much, I fucking hate it.

AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

dreinz

Post by dreinz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 pm

pissedone wrote:
polzyx wrote:Techno influenced tunes make me cringe so much, I fucking hate it.
Ou yes i hate it too and makes me cry, so so much. :lolz:

TheTornado

Post by TheTornado » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Kahnage wrote:I liked static tension when he started playing it around a year ago, was happy to purchase the EP, only to hear that the release version sounded nothing like the mix yunx plays (didn't know he had a "DJ mix")

Dark Place VIP is better imo.
That's "Dark Place (J:Kenzo Remix)"

surprised he hasn't mixed it with LX One & SP - Hunted... seems like they'd go hand in hand
FatKidOnFire Best of 2014
Soundcloud
http://facebook.com/djthetornado
http://www.mixcloud.com/djthetornado
@djthetornado

Sub FM every Saturday 12-2 AM GMT

Kahnage

Post by Kahnage » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 am

The Tornado wrote:
Kahnage wrote:I liked static tension when he started playing it around a year ago, was happy to purchase the EP, only to hear that the release version sounded nothing like the mix yunx plays (didn't know he had a "DJ mix")

Dark Place VIP is better imo.
That's "Dark Place (J:Kenzo Remix)"

surprised he hasn't mixed it with LX One & SP - Hunted... seems like they'd go hand in hand
No, there's a VIP that was played briefly by yunx.
I've done that dark place remix/hunted blend to death already myself lol

Kahnage

Post by Kahnage » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:48 am

outbound

Post by outbound » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 am

http://getdarker.com/audio/sets/youngst ... -day-2013/

Does anyone know what the first track off his boxing day set at contact is? heard this a few weeks ago but forgot about it till now, that intro is evillllll!
Soundcloud
Online Mastering//FAQ//Studio
Evolution Mastering (Analogue/Digital) : 1st track Free sample + 50% off.
What Is Mastering?
http://www.facebook.com/outbounduk

TRUSIK

Post by TRUSIK » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 am

outbound wrote:http://getdarker.com/audio/sets/youngst ... -day-2013/

Does anyone know what the first track off his boxing day set at contact is? heard this a few weeks ago but forgot about it till now, that intro is evillllll!
Proxima - Smog

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm

I don't see why people are so bothered about the techno stuff or yunxs selection in general.. hes been doing this for over a decade I think hes earned the right to play what he wants and with so many alternatives (VIVEK, Kenzo, Innamind, Jay 5ive, Silkie, Chef, Joe Nice, Chestcast, Hatcha, Compa ect ect) its a bit of a moot point. Just listen to something else.

Its ironic that the common complaint about his shows are 'samey' but people wanna hear him play an 05 set over and over and over and over.

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Muncey wrote:I don't see why people are so bothered about the techno stuff or yunxs selection in general.. hes been doing this for over a decade I think hes earned the right to play what he wants and with so many alternatives (VIVEK, Kenzo, Innamind, Jay 5ive, Silkie, Chef, Joe Nice, Chestcast, Hatcha, Compa ect ect) its a bit of a moot point. Just listen to something else.
Damn. Did not know all those existed. We should have a "here are all the dubstep radio shows you should listen to" thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, catching up the the podcast from 3 days ago. Yunx been playing this one tune that sounds a lot like "Ready or Not" by the Fugees. Tune starts at like 51:00ish in the mix. It's a pretty sick tune, anyone know the name?

To hear the part that sounds like the melody from Ready or Not, go to 52:11 in the mix. Compare it to the notes at 0:33 from this:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Also (new?) Kenzo track after that is sounding sick! :h:

chekov

Post by chekov » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Muncey wrote:Its ironic that the common complaint about his shows are 'samey' but people wanna hear him play an 05 set over and over and over and over.
lol yeah youngsta used to play the same tunes over and over back then too

difference is there was more variation between the tunes back then if u listen back to the old podcasts imo
alex bk-bk wrote:some of you lot chat bare shit

wilson

Post by wilson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm

If this Skeppy tune with the vocal is the flip to Chain Reaction then that is gonna be one massive plate.

Doctor_Dave

Post by Doctor_Dave » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:13 pm

What's that tune with the "love someone" sample? Something tells me it's Truth...
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:34 pm

it is truth.

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:58 am

Yunx in that Facta & Hodge tune "THIS BIT- BRAP.....MINIMUL" :lol: :lol:

http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podcast ... 170314.mp3

Big show tbf.
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory