new Burial on Ghost

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
klauss

Re: new Burial on Ghost

Post by klauss » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:27 pm

There's an El-b vs Burial thing at the end of J Da Flex's bit on here;

http://www.dubstepforum.com/j-da-flex-o ... l#p1548682

shame it gets chatted over though

(edit: turns out its the same tune as is in that Clairvoyants + El-B mix chazer posted)

badger

Post by badger » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Littlefoot wrote:Is this gonna be "just dubstep"? I worry as some of the El-B / J Da Flex stuff I have heard recently, to my ears, could be any of the 5000000 ok half step producers around, no disrespect to em, but I hope this is daring and innovative, as we know they have it in them

edit: sorry, I dont mean the Burial tune, the others
have to say i agree. caught a ghost show on rinse the other week and it was mostly pretty mediocre middle of the road type dubstep and completely lacked the appeal of the old ghost material

they played a new burial tune too, and i'm happy to say that sounded loads better :)

pdomino

Post by pdomino » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Nice one PK, sounds fierce this..... and would be ace for Gurley to return.

-dubson-

Post by -dubson- » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Tune is noice, feeling.

Rommy T

Post by Rommy T » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:37 pm

thanks for the link.Tune is sick another masterpiece.amazing work from both of them as ever

pk-

Post by pk- » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 pm

i must be missing something here, where are you lot hearing the tune?

pk-

Post by pk- » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:39 pm

never mind, i'm a fucking idiot. good tune

Pallms

Post by Pallms » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Looking forward to that Nu Levels release more than any other right now.

That's for link to the mix with Burial.

join-dubstep

Post by join-dubstep » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:57 am

You can download a 1hr FREE mix of quite a lot of the tracks from this album. There will also be an interview with them both on the January issue of core mag.

Download the mix here http://www.joindubstep.com

Big up!

joe muggs

Post by joe muggs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I'll be playing the Burial vs El-B tune on Resonance FM tonight - show runs 9.30-11pm 8)

cheeba

Post by cheeba » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 pm

All the new Ghost material ive heard from mix sets has been amazing and i disagree about the tunes sounding the same as everything else, bit of a stupid statement considering these guys near enough single handed carved the dubstep sound LOL.

The new Burial track is of the dial and my other fav tracks from the nu levels album are El- B's Greezy, J da flex and jammer, the dj narrowz 4x4 track and that John conner dub that J and El have been rinsing on the radio by dj yoof.

I cant see the point of people wanting the new Ghost stuff to sound like it was made 10 years ago as i think people would think "them ghost lot are just releasing old shit".

Cant wait for this album to drop
:z:
how low can you go.

hackman

Post by hackman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:01 pm

[quote="cheeba"
I cant see the point of people wanting the new Ghost stuff to sound like it was made 10 years ago as i think people would think "them ghost lot are just releasing old shit".

:z:[/quote]

not really, seeing as their productions back then where groundbreaking and fresh, whereas none of their new stuff is
finji wrote:Hey hackman your a fucking nutter
Soundcloud

joe muggs

Post by joe muggs » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:09 pm

hackman wrote:
cheeba wrote: I cant see the point of people wanting the new Ghost stuff to sound like it was made 10 years ago as i think people would think "them ghost lot are just releasing old shit".

not really, seeing as their productions back then where groundbreaking and fresh, whereas none of their new stuff is
You're just wrong I'm afraid.

Listen to something like "Think Ur Greazy" or "Creeping With You" or "Knucklin" (like actually listen and not just idly flick through a mix going "yeah yeah heard it all before"): the *sounds* might be stuff you've heard in dubstep or garage before but the production and the programming, the tightness of the reverb, the way the rhythms switch, the percussion sounds that are used, the cold atmospheres vs the funkiness of the beats, are something totally else. And most of El-B's 'Dirty EP' DOES have the 2-step feel of classic Ghost, anyway, but it's totally done with post-dubstep production... i.e. again, he's making something new.

hackman

Post by hackman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:14 pm

lol you dont think id "actually listen" to all the tracks of one of my favourite producers?
you obviously see more in it than i do, doesnt make me wrong or you, its opinion
just because the production is good doesnt make the content any fresher
finji wrote:Hey hackman your a fucking nutter
Soundcloud

cheeba

Post by cheeba » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Thats your opinion mate but a million others would disagree.

When you listen to tracks like Greezy and Knucklin it has El-b and J da flex written all over it and sounds like the old stuff but with todays production and beats. As i said before its a bit hard to slag them off as they have been making dubstep before it even got the named that.

Maybe what you should of said is that most of todays dubstep producers sound like ghost recs.
how low can you go.

jdaflexdj

Post by jdaflexdj » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Some harsh words on this post but I appreciate the honesty!!
Big up to u all!

Bless
Follow my Twitter on: http://www.twitter.com/JDaFlex

Facebook search: J Da Flex

Check myspace on: http://www.myspace.com/jdaflexdj

For Beats & Pieces: http://www.soundcloud.com/jdaflex

For bookings contact me on:  jdaflexdj@gmail.com

mondays child

Post by mondays child » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

joe muggs wrote:
hackman wrote:
cheeba wrote: I cant see the point of people wanting the new Ghost stuff to sound like it was made 10 years ago as i think people would think "them ghost lot are just releasing old shit".

You're just wrong I'm afraid.

Listen to something like "Think Ur Greazy" or "Creeping With You" or "Knucklin" (like actually listen and not just idly flick through a mix going "yeah yeah heard it all before"): the *sounds* might be stuff you've heard in dubstep or garage before but the production and the programming, the tightness of the reverb, the way the rhythms switch, the percussion sounds that are used, the cold atmospheres vs the funkiness of the beats, are something totally else. And most of El-B's 'Dirty EP' DOES have the 2-step feel of classic Ghost, anyway, but it's totally done with post-dubstep production... i.e. again, he's making something new.

What, the guy is wrong to express an opinion???

Sorry, but I didn't notice a sign on the door saying we have to agree with everything said on the forum like it's some kind of evangelistic agenda. If I'd wanted to join somewhere with those rules, I'd have gone to live in Communist China. :roll:

cheeba wrote:Thats your opinion mate but a million others would disagree.

When you listen to tracks like Greezy and Knucklin it has El-b and J da flex written all over it and sounds like the old stuff but with todays production and beats. As i said before its a bit hard to slag them off as they have been making dubstep before it even got the named that.

Maybe what you should of said is that most of todays dubstep producers sound like ghost recs.

Again, Hackman was just stating his opinion, which he is fully entitled to, and not 'slagging' anyone off as you seem to be saying. It's great that YOU like the new Ghost stuff, as I'm sure a lot of other people do as well. But please accept that not everyone else is feeling it. Me included and yes, I have listened to the new Ghost stuff.
:t: