Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Zomby interview in FADER

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby sporg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 pm

any reactions to this?

what about this section?

"Can we talk about the gigs you miss? I think people would be interested to
hear you talk about it.

Yeah, it’s nothing in particular. I missed a few small DJ sets early on and
then dubstep internet communities started to chastise me as some kind
of patriarchal non-DJ figure. But it might be that a promoter had fucked up
or I’ve missed a flight. Shit happens every day, it’s nothing really. I mean I
might miss a dental appointment, but the nurse doesn’t go on a forum and
flame the issue."

This is bollocks, isn't it? AFAIK he seems to miss about 70% of his gigs or more. i mean, his allies try to play it down but i certainly know i got warned off booking him and most people i know won't book him. A naive arts festival booked him recently against advice and he cancelled.

Any opinions on the rest of it?
sporg
 
Posts:
28
Joined:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Postby bandshell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

Allies? :lol:

it's not a war mate.

You just said it's bollocks about the whole internet chastisement thing and then go on to do it. :roll:

Just don't book him.

edit: is the interview online anywhere?
User avatar
bandshell
 
Posts:
9103
Joined:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby my left retina » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:56 pm

bandshell wrote:is the interview online anywhere?
Image
Sonic Router
pompende wrote:aint no fuckaround mixblog
User avatar
my left retina
 
Posts:
1212
Joined:
Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 pm
Location:
LDN

Postby sporg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:01 pm

bandshell wrote:You just said it's bollocks about the whole internet chastisement thing and then go on to do it. :roll:

edit: is the interview online anywhere?


no, i said what he said is bollox, not the chastisement. um, yeah, the interview is online in... FADER
sporg
 
Posts:
28
Joined:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Postby bandshell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:14 pm

sporg wrote:
bandshell wrote:You just said it's bollocks about the whole internet chastisement thing and then go on to do it. :roll:

edit: is the interview online anywhere?


no, i said what he said is bollox, not the chastisement. um, yeah, the interview is online in... FADER


I know I'm just being a bellend. :wink: :lol:

I checked recently and couldn't find a pdf but it's there now. cheers

but anyway, even if it is bollocks, so what? nothing you can do about it unless you wanna hunt him and force him to gigs.
User avatar
bandshell
 
Posts:
9103
Joined:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby WhoAmI - NXT Records » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 pm

User avatar
WhoAmI - NXT Records
 
Posts:
273
Joined:
Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:10 pm
Location:
AKA whoami

Postby sporg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:34 pm

bandshell wrote:but anyway, even if it is bollocks, so what? nothing you can do about it unless you wanna hunt him and force him to gigs.


love this, ha ha. "i have hunted you, Mr ******, and I have caught you, and now you must remain here in my specially constructed gigatorium and play gig after gig until your debt is repaid."
sporg
 
Posts:
28
Joined:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Postby 1rw1n+ » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Great interview. Zomby's talent level is high. Obviously, playing out isn't a priority for dude and this is OK. Actually, it's good because his approach to music is resulting in some quality releases.
Last edited by 1rw1n+ on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1rw1n+
 
Posts:
150
Joined:
Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location:
Ann Arbor, MI USA

Postby bandshell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

sporg wrote:
bandshell wrote:but anyway, even if it is bollocks, so what? nothing you can do about it unless you wanna hunt him and force him to gigs.


love this, ha ha. "i have hunted you, Mr ******, and I have caught you, and now you must remain here in my specially constructed gigatorium and play gig after gig until your debt is repaid."


:lol:

Basically like what happens if Michael Jordan loses the match in Space Jam
User avatar
bandshell
 
Posts:
9103
Joined:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby slugabed » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:42 pm

i found it an interesting read
slugabed
 
Posts:
388
Joined:
Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Location:
uk

Postby bandshell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:45 pm

Zomby's a badman.

Got the One Foot Ahead of The Other EP on right now. :mrgreen:
User avatar
bandshell
 
Posts:
9103
Joined:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby corpsey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 pm

That dental appointment comparison would work if the nurse had paid him a couple of hundred quid to have his teeth pulled out for the entertainment of an audience.

big up Zomby anyway, to be honest by this stage promoters should know what to expect
User avatar
corpsey
 
Posts:
5995
Joined:
Wed May 03, 2006 3:16 am

Postby thebootyjuice » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:32 pm

kinda wish he didnt do the interview, liked the mystery
User avatar
thebootyjuice
 
Posts:
256
Joined:
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 am

Postby sporg » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 pm

a lot of it he already said on here, only with more uses of the word "tnuc". he also tweets a lot, so not shy of communication.
sporg
 
Posts:
28
Joined:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Postby bandshell » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Just read the interview, good read.
User avatar
bandshell
 
Posts:
9103
Joined:
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Postby kidshuffle » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:29 pm

bandshell wrote:
sporg wrote:
bandshell wrote:but anyway, even if it is bollocks, so what? nothing you can do about it unless you wanna hunt him and force him to gigs.


love this, ha ha. "i have hunted you, Mr ******, and I have caught you, and now you must remain here in my specially constructed gigatorium and play gig after gig until your debt is repaid."


:lol:

Basically like what happens if Michael Jordan loses the match in Space Jam

lol
Beats/Facebook/Twitter
Laszlo wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Look at when Jedi's die, and then they become kind of shimmery and holographic.

.... 2Pac was a Jedi?? :corntard:
User avatar
kidshuffle
 
Posts:
13473
Joined:
Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:44 am
Location:
canada

Postby fractal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 pm

great read! big up zomby and his allies!
sub.wise:.
slow down

epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum
User avatar
fractal
Mako
 
Posts:
12133
Joined:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:
emerald city, cascadia

Postby Numan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm

sick!
User avatar
Numan
 
Posts:
604
Joined:
Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:31 am
Location:
Manchester

Postby fractal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 pm

corpsey wrote:That dental appointment comparison would work if the nurse had paid him a couple of hundred quid to have his teeth pulled out for the entertainment of an audience.



im sure he didnt get paid for events he couldnt make it to tho

promoters are a sketchy lot anyway
sub.wise:.
slow down

epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum
User avatar
fractal
Mako
 
Posts:
12133
Joined:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:
emerald city, cascadia

Postby szyslak » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 pm

fractal wrote:
corpsey wrote:That dental appointment comparison would work if the nurse had paid him a couple of hundred quid to have his teeth pulled out for the entertainment of an audience.



im sure he didnt get paid for events he couldnt make it to tho

promoters are a sketchy lot anyway


This would depend if his agent takes deposits off the promoter or not, if this is the case they may not always get the money back. Even if this isn't the case there is still the money spent on flights and hotels which is normally non refundable. Still, does make good tunes, maybe he should stick to that.
szyslak
 
Posts:
82
Joined:
Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 pm

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Next

Return to General Discussion