Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

[Tune] - 7 below - Zulu Inna Drum Machine

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby 7 below » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Weird, I already tried creating this topic - summat went wrong...

This, I reckon, is pretty much finished:

http://www.dj7below.com/Tunes/Zulu%20Inna%20Drum%20Machine.mp3

Melodic dubstep that gets a bit more breaky half way through.

All feedback welcomed! :oops:
7 below

Postby 7 below » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:12 pm

:?:
7 below

Postby dleted » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:02 pm

I dig it. The bass is really muddy though. The kick and the bass seem to meld together strangly? Not sure. Its distorted too ( not in a good way). Is the out put or any of the tracks clipping? Over all i think its on the right track though. Its got a nasty atmosphere.

keep it up.
dleted

Postby 7 below » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:09 pm

dleted wrote:I dig it. The bass is really muddy though. The kick and the bass seem to meld together strangly? Not sure. Its distorted too ( not in a good way). Is the out put or any of the tracks clipping? Over all i think its on the right track though. Its got a nasty atmosphere.

keep it up.

Cheers for the comments dude, I wanted the kick drum and bass to do that on the first bass frequency, makes it sound like a repeating bass note with fast attack. I experimented with notching the sub, but I don't like the sound in comparison..

As far as the distorting goes, I didn't think it was but that seems to be a recurring comment, so I'm gonna go back and have a look - I probably overlimited somewhere...

I'll post an altered version soon, once again thanks for feedback
7 below

Postby freedomdub » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Nice tune-i like it :D
freedomdub

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to General Discussion