[Tune] - 7 below - Zulu Inna Drum Machine

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
7 below

[Tune] - 7 below - Zulu Inna Drum Machine

Post by 7 below » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:14 am

Weird, I already tried creating this topic - summat went wrong...

This, I reckon, is pretty much finished:

http://www.dj7below.com/Tunes/Zulu%20In ... achine.mp3

Melodic dubstep that gets a bit more breaky half way through.

All feedback welcomed! :oops:

dleted

Post by dleted » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:02 pm

I dig it. The bass is really muddy though. The kick and the bass seem to meld together strangly? Not sure. Its distorted too ( not in a good way). Is the out put or any of the tracks clipping? Over all i think its on the right track though. Its got a nasty atmosphere.

keep it up.

7 below

Post by 7 below » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:09 pm

dleted wrote:I dig it. The bass is really muddy though. The kick and the bass seem to meld together strangly? Not sure. Its distorted too ( not in a good way). Is the out put or any of the tracks clipping? Over all i think its on the right track though. Its got a nasty atmosphere.

keep it up.
Cheers for the comments dude, I wanted the kick drum and bass to do that on the first bass frequency, makes it sound like a repeating bass note with fast attack. I experimented with notching the sub, but I don't like the sound in comparison..

As far as the distorting goes, I didn't think it was but that seems to be a recurring comment, so I'm gonna go back and have a look - I probably overlimited somewhere...

I'll post an altered version soon, once again thanks for feedback

freedomdub

Post by freedomdub » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Nice tune-i like it :D