DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
User avatar
jigglypuff
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: hong kong

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by jigglypuff » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 pm

im probably gonna get slated for this but i was a bit let down.

room 1 was far too crowded.. and wasnt about the aggy heads either..

the sets... I dont mind 1 or 2 rewinds but there was way too many.. there was no longer any rhythm in some sets.

speaking of the drugs... it looked like a big room of students twitchin out on shitty drugs.

slate me if you want, but thats my experience of the night.

dr morgan
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by dr morgan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm

The system in room 1 sounded weak and distorted. I could hardly feel the bass on education in comparison to wen ive hear it ther b4. the system in room 2 was also weak, i couldn't feel any bass at all. It seems 2 me that the night was catered towards the jump up drugged up side of things more than wot i thgouth DMZ was actually about.

User avatar
defoxster
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:44 am
Location: Watford

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by defoxster » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:01 am

dr morgan wrote:The system in room 1 sounded weak and distorted. I could hardly feel the bass on education in comparison to wen ive hear it ther b4. the system in room 2 was also weak, i couldn't feel any bass at all. It seems 2 me that the night was catered towards the jump up drugged up side of things more than wot i thgouth DMZ was actually about.
Dont know where u were standing bruv but i DEFINATELY felt the bass.
BLOG - http://wearelucid.net/
I'm not a fan of [genre]. It was much better back in [year]. I have fond memories of [year] [genre] when I used to [activity]. Good times."
House/Garage Mix - Joy O, Lakosa, Dusky, Alex Coulton, Dusk & Blackdown
Soundcloud

User avatar
yesnotheo
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by yesnotheo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

i think like everyone the sets couldve done without the endless rewinds, and room 1 did get a bit rammo, but all in all it was a pretty sick night. Oneman and joy orb without a doubt the highlight, stayed in room 2 most of the night. the fight in the middle of their set was jokes, the lights came on and literally everyone in the room was booing the stupid fuckers out of there.

What happened with getting the tickets cheaper? i put my email down but the woman was like oh the printers broken you gotta pay full price

dirt
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by dirt » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:16 am

yesnotheo wrote:i think like everyone the sets couldve done without the endless rewinds, and room 1 did get a bit rammo, but all in all it was a pretty sick night. Oneman and joy orb without a doubt the highlight, stayed in room 2 most of the night. the fight in the middle of their set was jokes, the lights came on and literally everyone in the room was booing the stupid fuckers out of there.

What happened with getting the tickets cheaper? i put my email down but the woman was like oh the printers broken you gotta pay full price
Right right, that was bait! Queued for about an hour and a half then no e-mail list... bit annoying really. Why dont they do tickets? Make it less packed that way and would make it quicker to get in maybe...

User avatar
seckle
Posts: 12404
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by seckle » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:09 am

the best DMZ by miles and miles. don't let nostalgia bias your opinion of a rave. it was quality all the way through to hatcha and nytpe at the end. friday night was full of the best bass music on the planet right now. if you didn't get your money's worth, then i don't think you'll ever be satisfied. and the person going on and on about being pushed around...."Did you come to read a newspaper?"

out to the dmz family, and all the old friends and faces. tooo much!

User avatar
skittlenik
Posts: 1341
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:12 am
Location: Nottingham,UK

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by skittlenik » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:16 am

seckle wrote:the best DMZ by miles and miles. don't let nostalgia bias your opinion of a rave. it was quality all the way through to hatcha and nytpe at the end. friday night was full of the best bass music on the planet right now. if you didn't get your money's worth, then i don't think you'll ever be satisfied. and the person going on and on about being pushed around...."Did you come to read a newspaper?"

out to the dmz family, and all the old friends and faces. tooo much!
:z:

User avatar
defoxster
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:44 am
Location: Watford

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by defoxster » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:02 am

skittlenik wrote:
seckle wrote:the best DMZ by miles and miles. don't let nostalgia bias your opinion of a rave. it was quality all the way through to hatcha and nytpe at the end. friday night was full of the best bass music on the planet right now. if you didn't get your money's worth, then i don't think you'll ever be satisfied. and the person going on and on about being pushed around...."Did you come to read a newspaper?"

out to the dmz family, and all the old friends and faces. tooo much!
:z:
couldnt have said it better....
BLOG - http://wearelucid.net/
I'm not a fan of [genre]. It was much better back in [year]. I have fond memories of [year] [genre] when I used to [activity]. Good times."
House/Garage Mix - Joy O, Lakosa, Dusky, Alex Coulton, Dusk & Blackdown
Soundcloud

User avatar
spydee
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by spydee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am

no pictures or videos this year?
jigglypuff wrote:im probably gonna get slated for this but i was a bit let down.

room 1 was far too crowded.. and wasnt about the aggy heads either..

the sets... I dont mind 1 or 2 rewinds but there was way too many.. there was no longer any rhythm in some sets.

speaking of the drugs... it looked like a big room of students twitchin out on shitty drugs.

slate me if you want, but thats my experience of the night.
i hear you. i was a bit underwhelmed but thats probably cos my expectations are high from past bday bashes and other raves. was still a good night.

eventualdecline
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by eventualdecline » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:53 am

Quality music but I think half the crowd must have been in on a fake id. Saw too many people too mashed to stand or regard others with a sense of decency. Could have done a better job on limiting the under age crew, would make for less aggros and more dance space.

User avatar
jigglypuff
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: hong kong

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by jigglypuff » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

spydee wrote:no pictures or videos this year?
jigglypuff wrote:im probably gonna get slated for this but i was a bit let down.

room 1 was far too crowded.. and wasnt about the aggy heads either..

the sets... I dont mind 1 or 2 rewinds but there was way too many.. there was no longer any rhythm in some sets.

speaking of the drugs... it looked like a big room of students twitchin out on shitty drugs.

slate me if you want, but thats my experience of the night.
i hear you. i was a bit underwhelmed but thats probably cos my expectations are high from past bday bashes and other raves. was still a good night.
looking at my comment, i was a bit harsh..

the night was still good, but you're right, past birthdays made my expectations high, felt a bit let down. but at the end day gotta support dmz

User avatar
jigglypuff
Posts: 918
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm
Location: hong kong

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by jigglypuff » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 pm

eventualdecline wrote:Quality music but I think half the crowd must have been in on a fake id. Saw too many people too mashed to stand or regard others with a sense of decency. Could have done a better job on limiting the under age crew, would make for less aggros and more dance space.
yeah innit man there was alot of youngins

saphyre
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by saphyre » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Fuck that thing at the red bull soundclash, it was a promoted as a 'soundclash' pokes said something was shit and people start crying. Thats how things kick off at grime events, one MC says something bad about another MC, and then that guy flips out and attacks him. People always seem to have a problem with seperating music from real life events. Fair enough if pokes did that for instance at fwd (lol) then it wouldnt be very nice.

Edit: watching this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHJs1gYA0k) pokes is so raw, he came correct

User avatar
semr
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Stoke on Trent

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by semr » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

eventualdecline wrote:Quality music but I think half the crowd must have been in on a fake id. Saw too many people too mashed to stand or regard others with a sense of decency. Could have done a better job on limiting the under age crew, would make for less aggros and more dance space.
i hear that, was trying hold myself back from hittin this little ket head who kept repeatedly banging into me, literally falling back into me. biggg night tho. as Loefah said...was too much. :D
saulya wrote:i heard Mt Eden's on DMZLP002... medidate on midrange
Majin wrote:Skrillex invented dubstep as the natural progression of screamo/punk.
http://ditchpullup.tumblr.com

User avatar
snake91
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:24 pm
Location: SE, UK.

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by snake91 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:08 pm

spydee wrote:no pictures or videos this year?
This cant be true, i saw some photographers on stage and i specifically remember seeing a large flash on n-types face when he was comin in to mix and i definitely saw various flashes throughout the night.

dr morgan
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by dr morgan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Sum guys were goin around stealin peoples chains and i heard thats why ther was a fight in room 2. 1 of em got caught and gt hurt.

wat
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by wat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 pm

dr morgan wrote:Sum guys were goin around stealin peoples chains and i heard thats why ther was a fight in room 2. 1 of em got caught and gt hurt.
I actually like that

And btw, can someone explain the hijak/pokes drama? haha, i remember the pussyhole/apologize thing on the mic but didnt really get it

Epic night ! Quest had the best set by miles..

Xavy
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by Xavy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm

wat wrote:
dr morgan wrote:Sum guys were goin around stealin peoples chains and i heard thats why ther was a fight in room 2. 1 of em got caught and gt hurt.
I actually like that

And btw, can someone explain the hijak/pokes drama? haha, i remember the pussyhole/apologize thing on the mic but didnt really get it

Epic night ! Quest had the best set by miles..
It wasn't Hijak saying that. They were playing some audio from the Red Bull Culture Clash, and it was someone from the Metalheadz soundsystem calling Pokes a pussyole. The crowd then booed and he was shamed into apologizing.

User avatar
Tragic_Gash
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by Tragic_Gash » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:15 pm

http://swamp81.tumblr.com/post/42340637 ... ailey-fail

yeah it was Bailey @ Culture Clash, sounds a bit pissed.... FUNNY SHIT THO

User avatar
crackf
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: The Arctic

Re: DMZ 5th BDAY March 5, 2010 - AFTERMATH

Post by crackf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Tragic Gash wrote:http://swamp81.tumblr.com/post/42340637 ... ailey-fail

yeah it was Bailey @ Culture Clash, sounds a bit pissed.... FUNNY SHIT THO
hahaha brilliant. n yeah some hardcore stumblin of words there.

and this is true, if you were feelin the night as much as some people were maybe you wouldof been knockin into a few people yourself, plus its kinda hard to not do that when the room is so packed
gwa wrote:you and crackf are the most coolest
quatagwan

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests