I have a novel idea for big name DJs

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
spydee

Re: I have a novel idea for big name DJs

Post by spydee » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:52 pm

hard remix is massive. even if it has been rinsed.

d double>>>>>

herbalicious

Post by herbalicious » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I've never said this before, and I don't normally get into negative threads...but as Hard was my joint of last year...

FUCKIN FACEPALM!
I don't turn on Korn to get it on, I be playin Digi Mystikz 'til the dawn

urbannerd62

Post by urbannerd62 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm

i live in America and I hear the caspa remix of Hard get rinsed to hell.. not that its unenjoyable, cause i do somehow end up skankin out everytime. but tis' true, I can hardly understand what newham generals are rapping about.

"gotthemlockedinlike??????????hard, everybodys lockedinlike?????????hard!"

herbalicious

Post by herbalicious » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Without sounding like a tnuc, I've been listening to Hip Hop for many years and find anyone complaining about not being able to understand the different accent a bit lame.

No offence intended. Just my opinion.
I don't turn on Korn to get it on, I be playin Digi Mystikz 'til the dawn

_boring

Post by _boring » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:31 pm

welp, i was rinsin Parallel - Who The Rudeboy? like nobodies business and i aint heard no one complain yet! :twisted:
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMANSTEP
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMAN-2
SOUNDCLOUD.COM/STUNTMAN-3
WAXMUSEUMRADIO.NET
MNM PRESENTS/QUEEN CITY CARTEL
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

fractal
Mako

Post by fractal » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:50 pm

honey-d wrote:
fractal wrote:you can't understand the newham generals? that's weird, they're speaking english

tune still!

just out of curiosity, who were you seeing?
They may be speaking english but the accents are too thick and the slang is too confusing for me to know what's going on ahaha. Seriously, the song is something about people being hard? Them are not hard? I don't even know anymore. Where are you from Fractal? If you are from Canada or America and you understand them then seriously, 1000 internetz to you my friend.

I think I understand what they're saying for two reasons: for one, I love grime, so am used to the accents. Secondly, this song has been played on every radio show since late 09, then the caspa rmx, and then the funky edit... Kinda hard to hear it so many times and not start singing along.

Oh, and I'm from Seattle, like it says in my location

btw, who did that funky edit? Martello?
sub.wise:.
slow down
epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum

415cameradan

Post by 415cameradan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:36 pm

You are an Idiot first off.

Second you are making every one from America look dense and ignorant. Im not sure how you can assume that every body else in the dance cant understand their own language spoken through an accent that they might not happen across everyday. Just because you cant understand Cockney speak/ & english accents does not me the rest of us are that Dim witted, Thick headed, and close minded.

And Third, If you knew anything about Dubstep at ALL you would have already acknowledged that the freshest new collaborations in the scene are currently between top dubstep producers and UK Grime Vocal Legends. Grime artists over Dubstep beats are the current "final frontier " of the scene. And are unquestionably the generators of the freshest sounds in the scen right now

LIsten to: P Money "Numb" produced by Starkey
P Money "Left the Room" produced by Sukh Knight
P Money "Slang" produced by Sukh Knight
Newham Generals "I Cant Wait" produced by Skream
Durtty Goodz "Gutter Music" produced by Starkey
D Double E "Bassline Murder" produced by DJ Spooky Bizzle
BIG H "Re-offend" produced by Benga
VIRUS SYNDICATE "Talk to Frank" produced by ?

If your not feeling any of these tracks you should probably just stick to The Glitch mob and there pre-mixed "push play" fake live sets instead of going out and pouting at you local Dubstep night.

ELLFIVEDEE

Post by ELLFIVEDEE » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 am

415cameradan wrote:VIRUS SYNDICATE "Talk to Frank" produced by ?
is it not MRK1 on production?
Largin' up Alpacas, each n every.
http://www.myspace.com/l5d
http://www.soundcloud.com/ellfivedee
One Love Records / Dubstortion Records
Dubpressure / AKA AKA ROAR / Vagabondz / Resonance / Proper Gander / Future Dub / Analogue
AKA L5D

honey-d

Post by honey-d » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 am

415cameradan wrote:You are an Idiot first off.

Second you are making every one from America look dense and ignorant. Im not sure how you can assume that every body else in the dance cant understand their own language spoken through an accent that they might not happen across everyday. Just because you cant understand Cockney speak/ & english accents does not me the rest of us are that Dim witted, Thick headed, and close minded.

And Third, If you knew anything about Dubstep at ALL you would have already acknowledged that the freshest new collaborations in the scene are currently between top dubstep producers and UK Grime Vocal Legends. Grime artists over Dubstep beats are the current "final frontier " of the scene. And are unquestionably the generators of the freshest sounds in the scen right now

LIsten to: P Money "Numb" produced by Starkey
P Money "Left the Room" produced by Sukh Knight
P Money "Slang" produced by Sukh Knight
Newham Generals "I Cant Wait" produced by Skream
Durtty Goodz "Gutter Music" produced by Starkey
D Double E "Bassline Murder" produced by DJ Spooky Bizzle
BIG H "Re-offend" produced by Benga
VIRUS SYNDICATE "Talk to Frank" produced by ?

If your not feeling any of these tracks you should probably just stick to The Glitch mob and there pre-mixed "push play" fake live sets instead of going out and pouting at you local Dubstep night.
Woooooow you made ALOT of assumptions about me, though I'm quite flattered that your first post on DSF is to trashtalk me :lol:

1st point - whatever dude.
2nd point - None of the people I go to nights with know what they are saying, I've talked to them about this particular song before, obviously I don't ask everyone in the crowd but I've never talked to anyone who did know what they were rapping about. And to assume that I am somehow thick-headed or dimwitted because I can't understand a certain (rather thick) dialect of my own language is just ridiculous. The english language has so many varients I'm sure there are dialects that you would not understand, does that make you a retard? Obviously not. And thats not even the point of my post anyway, my point was that this song is getting rinsed and has been getting rinsed for too long and I'm sick of hearing it every night.

And third - If you knew anything about taste you'd know it's subjective, duh. I personally find the more 2 steppy stuff to be on the forefront, but to each his own.

I never said I hated this song or it was shitty or anything like that, I just said that I would like more variety when I go out and when I hear the same song everytime I go out it gives me a very stagnant impression of the dubstep scene.

So many people got their panties in such a bunch over an opinion its ridiculous.... oh wait I forgot we're on DSF; just another day :roll:

Anyway I'm out, this discussion has gone nowhere. Thanks to the people who contributed something more than fecal matter in the form of text. Peace out dudes :E:
deranger wrote:It's like, one love, except if you're a stupid, drunk asshole that can't flow for shit.
AIM: Proletariantears

honey-d

Post by honey-d » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 am

ELLFIVEDEE wrote:
415cameradan wrote:VIRUS SYNDICATE "Talk to Frank" produced by ?
is it not MRK1 on production?
and yeah it's MRK1. Talk to Frank is sick
deranger wrote:It's like, one love, except if you're a stupid, drunk asshole that can't flow for shit.

tacospheros

Post by tacospheros » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 am

pompende wrote:goddamnit interpreting foreign accents is a fun challenge but nooooooo everyone in america is just so fucking busy they cant even give it a chance.

its truly embarassing. never see brits complaining about how they cant understand american rappers and its not like lil wayne has excellent articulation or anything.

not trying to ridicule anyone in particular btw...!

yeah you're right those damn americans . but im not trying to single anyone out here :roll:

dude is partly right everybody and their mother is rinsing that tune right now
wub wub wub wub wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

http://lucidbackflips.wordpress.com/
@tacosphere tweet tweet, muthafucka

pompende

Post by pompende » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 am

yeh i guess what i really want to make clear is that it isnt this one particular guy pissing me off... his post just happens to be reminiscent of a shitty attitude that a lot of people i know (and like) possess.

pompende

Post by pompende » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 am

alright tho.... my novel idea, "fucking try to understand other people"

maybe it will make it more enjoyable for you the next time you hear the tune if you understand whats happening during the verses.

i'll explain... just click play and follow along below...

hard hard... man / gal / dem/ everybody locked in like they're hard [i assume this is about all the people texting in on radio shows like theyve been part of the scene from day or claiming to be the most 'gangsta' mc etc]

d double
he's that lyrical father...name and mc that spits harder [and i beg you please do]
he aint got time for muckin around...
he's getting around [town]
he's gettin mans addicted to the sound like brown...
addicted to the sound like crack..
his torso's fully packed...
if a boy tries a thing he will pull it [the hammer of his pistol] back
and bust... its a must
he's a deep pan and your thin crust

footsie
you're soft...he's hard.
newham generals have spent bare [many] years in the game,
but they've never been parred [cleverly disrespected(?)].
a few people have attempted this feat, including some 'littles' fellow [lil d?]
but they didn't get far and in the end were scarred.
.......lot of people have come and gone from the grime scene and talked really hard but footsies still on the scene and he still reps newham.

/rodigan sample/ if you don't understand this i beg you at least read the wikipedia on david rodigan...

he said to himself... 'go harder' so he stepped up his lyrics and production.
while many of his contemporaries prefer chasing fame on the terms of others, footsie would rather spend his free time refining his technique so that he can make the kind of music he wants and prosper from it, not because it happens to meet some currently popular criteria, but because of its inherent quality.
...there's no rest for the wicked..
he needs some food some food for the brain so he's got to go check his farmer.... [do you know what weed is?]
he's not into drama...but there's a voice in his voice saying 'yo foots go harder.
youre large in the game, but with a lil work you could be a lot larger.'
so he's listening to himself...
and working on his health.

so yeah i guess i am sending for you now honey-d...i fucking spelled this out like shakespeare for a four year old...how does that feel?

and out to everyone else that can't understand what they're saying.... i was born and bred in Greensboro, North Carolina. 6th generation american southerner. fuck ya'll you lazy bitches.
brasco wrote:evolution via youtube tutorials

honey-d

Post by honey-d » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:59 am

pompende wrote:alright tho.... my novel idea, "fucking try to understand other people"

maybe it will make it more enjoyable for you the next time you hear the tune if you understand whats happening during the verses.

i'll explain... just click play and follow along below...

hard hard... man / gal / dem/ everybody locked in like they're hard [i assume this is about all the people texting in on radio shows like theyve been part of the scene from day or claiming to be the most 'gangsta' mc etc]

d double
he's that lyrical father...name and mc that spits harder [and i beg you please do]
he aint got time for muckin around...
he's getting around [town]
he's gettin mans addicted to the sound like brown...
addicted to the sound like crack..
his torso's fully packed...
if a boy tries a thing he will pull it [the hammer of his pistol] back
and bust... its a must
he's a deep pan and your thin crust

footsie
you're soft...he's hard.
newham generals have spent bare [many] years in the game,
but they've never been parred [cleverly disrespected(?)].
a few people have attempted this feat, including some 'littles' fellow [lil d?]
but they didn't get far and in the end were scarred.
.......lot of people have come and gone from the grime scene and talked really hard but footsies still on the scene and he still reps newham.

/rodigan sample/ if you don't understand this i beg you at least read the wikipedia on david rodigan...

he said to himself... 'go harder' so he stepped up his lyrics and production.
while many of his contemporaries prefer chasing fame on the terms of others, footsie would rather spend his free time refining his technique so that he can make the kind of music he wants and prosper from it, not because it happens to meet some currently popular criteria, but because of its inherent quality.
...there's no rest for the wicked..
he needs some food some food for the brain so he's got to go check his farmer.... [do you know what weed is?]
he's not into drama...but there's a voice in his voice saying 'yo foots go harder.
youre large in the game, but with a lil work you could be a lot larger.'
so he's listening to himself...
and working on his health.

so yeah i guess i am sending for you now honey-d...i fucking spelled this out like shakespeare for a four year old...how does that feel?

and out to everyone else that can't understand what they're saying.... i was born and bred in Greensboro, North Carolina. 6th generation american southerner. fuck ya'll you lazy bitches.
Thanks for giving me a typed up version to follow (even if it's condescending as fuck). Though I maintain my ability to understand the lyrics is such a TINY part of what I was saying, and my whole post was about this song getting rinsed too much, not that I don't understand grime. Not that I think grime is somehow stupid. Not that I think grime is wack cause they talk/rap differently than I do. I swear you guys are ridiculous. Why do you feel like being such an asshole, did someone forget to eat his wheaties? Smile motherfucker :mrgreen:

pompende

Post by pompende » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:43 am

to be fair the original post was a bit ass hole-ish as well, right?

yes much of my current anger is probably more directly attributable to personal issues (including dog shit on my floor and a flaky/flirty lady) but it really is frustrating to see this complaint because it speaks to a lack of effort on your part. part of the appeal of this song (to me anyway) is that second footsie verse in which he advocates the never-ending refinement of one's craft...and i know you cant go back in time or whatever but one of the things that has kept dubstep cohesive over the years is that (despite the many varieties and styles out there) there will be a release every 6-12 months that gets heavy play across the board. personally, i'm glad this trend continues considering how things are now.

and yes ill have to take you up on that L if im ever in s. cali!

knivez

Post by knivez » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 am

that tune is siiick...maybe u just go out to much bruv cut a night or two out im in LA also ive heard it maybe twice at shows

LA_Boxers

Post by LA_Boxers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:31 am

God knows whats going to happen when they hear the P Money stuff from Skream & Sukh Knight!!

So we are now not allowed english rappers/mc's because the americans dont understand them?? Maybe we should just auto-tune everything??
Soundcloud - LPR006. Due 20/05/13.

http://www.rood.fm - EVERY OTHER THURSDAY 8-10pm //
http://www.corruptradio.net - EVERY OTHER SUNDAY 6-8pm//

fractal
Mako

Post by fractal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 am

@Honey-d: you said you like the more steppy stuff, check the martelo edit of this song in the fantastic mr fox mix

http://www.dubstepforum.com/fantastic-m ... 30897.html

the mix on a whole is really good, would love to hear your thoughts on this version of the tune

sorry for any flack, it's just a really loved tune so you can't fault the peeps for backing it

:)
sub.wise:.
slow down
epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum

honey-d

Post by honey-d » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 am

fractal wrote:@Honey-d: you said you like the more steppy stuff, check the martelo edit of this song in the fantastic mr fox mix

http://www.dubstepforum.com/fantastic-m ... 30897.html

the mix on a whole is really good, would love to hear your thoughts on this version of the tune

sorry for any flack, it's just a really loved tune so you can't fault the peeps for backing it

:)
dude I've been bangin that mix all week delivering pizzas!

But yeah I like the martelo edit the most out of all of them. Much more rhythmically interesting than the standard half time mixes I've heard otherwise. Nowhere near my favorite track in the mix though, there are some seriously beautiful tracks in there. That opening track has been stuck in my head for days, so catchy yet sooo groovy.

pete_bubonic

Post by pete_bubonic » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:43 am

webstarr wrote:Telling people not to play a tune which D Double's on...

shatapshatapshatap
This.
I make music as Forsaken, you can DL all my unreleased (and a couple released) bits here.