Lost Loefah Dubs

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
User avatar
scherou
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by scherou » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 pm

loefahs been playing more and more dubstep recently, im guessing he actually wanted to release the tunes. and i wouldnt be surprised if the fact it's getting released on BH is mainly down to a recommendation from ben ufo (who always plays their shit)

shmurkle
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by shmurkle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Marcus wrote:People are annoyed that Loefah chose to make it so exclusive instead of having it well pressed on a label such as medi, dmz or swamp.
and i can understand that.
theres pros and cons to both sides of the argument.

pressing large amounts = more $, everyone getting a copy and no silly prices on discogs.

it also means every tom dick and harry will be playing it at every dubstep party for the next 10 years until we're all sick and tired of it. i think the reason tunes like neverland and blue notez are still nice to hear out is because not every dubstep dj has them.

loofah could of pressed 4000 of this record and made a killing, but its obviously not even about the money for him, he just wants to keep this tune special.

i think people should at least respect that decision a little

User avatar
Johoosh
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Location: SE14

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by Johoosh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:26 pm

shmurkle wrote:
Marcus wrote:People are annoyed that Loefah chose to make it so exclusive instead of having it well pressed on a label such as medi, dmz or swamp.
and i can understand that.
theres pros and cons to both sides of the argument.

pressing large amounts = more $, everyone getting a copy and no silly prices on discogs.

it also means every tom dick and harry will be playing it at every dubstep party for the next 10 years until we're all sick and tired of it. i think the reason tunes like neverland and blue notez are still nice to hear out is because not every dubstep dj has them.
I dont think this argument works really man -

like it or not i see people (and big names at that) playing out old DMZs off CDJs - whether they're HQ vinyl rips or the mythical 'authentic' digis that are about of the first few idk

I think regardless of how many get pressed a lot of people will jump on the first HQ rip and play that out simply because its a classic tune - you'll still hear it everywhere in the next few weeks
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 am
Location: London

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by Marcus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 pm

I understand why Loefah might have done it but still doesn't mean people can't be annoyed about his choice. Kahn + Neek- Percy had a 500 ltd press then another press maybe 500 and you still hardly hear people play it out and is pricey.
Etches828 wrote:assuming that 130 is a tempo not a sound, which is the point, think it's pretty good when stuff is just described by tempo opposed to some made up name

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by jrkhnds » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:33 pm

^ there are A LOT of plates released in the last three years selling for stupid amounts now. just check the Innamind cat on discogs.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by CreamLord » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:34 pm

shmurkle wrote:
Marcus wrote:People are annoyed that Loefah chose to make it so exclusive instead of having it well pressed on a label such as medi, dmz or swamp.
and i can understand that.
theres pros and cons to both sides of the argument.

pressing large amounts = more $, everyone getting a copy and no silly prices on discogs.

it also means every tom dick and harry will be playing it at every dubstep party for the next 10 years until we're all sick and tired of it. i think the reason tunes like neverland and blue notez are still nice to hear out is because not every dubstep dj has them.

loofah could of pressed 4000 of this record and made a killing, but its obviously not even about the money for him, he just wants to keep this tune special.

i think people should at least respect that decision a little
Neverland and blue notez had more than 300 copies pressed though
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
Marcus
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 am
Location: London

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by Marcus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:55 pm

jrkhnds wrote:^ there are A LOT of plates released in the last three years selling for stupid amounts now. just check the Innamind cat on discogs.
I know, gutted I didn't pick up Las– Uuha while I could but thankfully I have all of the others I want. At least Innamind offer digital files.
Etches828 wrote:assuming that 130 is a tempo not a sound, which is the point, think it's pretty good when stuff is just described by tempo opposed to some made up name

shmurkle
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by shmurkle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:06 pm

creamlord- yeah but if they got repressed now at 1000 runs they would be played to death at raves till we're sick of them.

also marcus. i agree people have every right to be disappointed as its a record we would all like to own.
but if people are genuinely annoyed at a decision they have no input into, then thats actually quite sad.

i do hope most of you guys get a copy cause a lot of you put a lot of effort into the scene, attending nights and spending your cash on records and I'm sure loefah wants these records to go into the right hands.

does anyone else not see any disadvantages to pressing 2000/3000 of these to meet demands?

OGLemon
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by OGLemon » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:26 pm

yall only go to dubstep raves?

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by CreamLord » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Repressing 1000 copies of an old record =/= releasing a tune for the first time with 300 copies
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

shmurkle
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by shmurkle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:00 pm

your point is?

if they repressed blue notez with a run of 300 we'd have the same situation with everyone asking why not more?

its exactly the same situation, if you can't see that then theres no point having a discussion with you about it m8.
its not like midnight is your typical new release is it?

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by CreamLord » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:11 pm

The way I see it, Neverland and blue notez were pressed in a much higher volume than what Midnight will be at a time when the scene was smaller (also they were both repressed at some point I believe). So if a small repress was done now it would kinda be like a little gift (kinda like the recent South London Boroughs repress). Since that time Midnight (and woman to a lesser extent) have built up a much larger status of reverence and it's fair to say the scene is much bigger now, so based on that releasing a tune of this stature in such a limited state doesn't make sense unless to "preserve it's specialness". But like people have said in that case just keep it a dub, what purpose would releasing it serve in that case. Also like I said earlier, if a tunes big, it's big. AWD and MRL are both widely available and been played loads at this point but people still cream themselves over it. If it gets to a point where you're literally only hearing 2 tunes so much that it annoys you then just avoid places where they get played.

Fuck
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

shmurkle
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by shmurkle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:39 pm

CreamLord wrote:The way I see it, Neverland and blue notez were pressed in a much higher volume than what Midnight will be at a time when the scene was smaller (also they were both repressed at some point I believe). So if a small repress was done now it would kinda be like a little gift (kinda like the recent South London Boroughs repress). Since that time Midnight (and woman to a lesser extent) have built up a much larger status of reverence and it's fair to say the scene is much bigger now, so based on that releasing a tune of this stature in such a limited state doesn't make sense unless to "preserve it's specialness". But like people have said in that case just keep it a dub, what purpose would releasing it serve in that case. Also like I said earlier, if a tunes big, it's big. AWD and MRL are both widely available and been played loads at this point but people still cream themselves over it. If it gets to a point where you're literally only hearing 2 tunes so much that it annoys you then just avoid places where they get played.

Fuck
i think you take everything i've said too literally, like it was my decision to press 300. i'm just saying the pros and cons for each side of the story.
im not sure dubstep dj's post tracklists pre show so we know where we can go to avoid certain tunes?
what planet are you from?

my whole point is its his decision to release it the way he wants, why is it annoying you so much that he hasn't released it the way you wanted it to be released?

i personally think i'd rather he released 1000 then people get a better chance at getting a copy and it still stays fairly limited.

am i butthurt and crying that his decision isn't the same as mine?

for all we know, they might do represses, who knows?

Phigure
Posts: 14134
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by Phigure » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:55 pm

the way (if even at all) an artist chooses to release their work is just as much a part of their artistic license as anything else they do
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by CreamLord » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:58 pm

I never said it was your decision tbh, I was just explaining my point about repressing 1000 copies of neverland =/= Midnight being released on 300 copies
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

grillis
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 am
Location: syd

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by grillis » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:55 pm

i think the fact that this is a idle hands/honest jon exclusive (as opposed to say hardwax) at least demonstrates some respect for the uk crowd/scene.. beyond that berceuse heroique have always been a boutique label so there should be no surprises about the limited run and narrow distribution...

DrGatineau
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by DrGatineau » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:24 am

shmurkle wrote:i do hope most of you guys get a copy cause a lot of you put a lot of effort into the scene, attending nights and spending your cash on records and I'm sure loefah wants these records to go into the right hands.
if this is the case then loe should drop in here and tip us of as to what time to set our alarm clocks for :6:
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by jrkhnds » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:41 am

if he'd post it on here, the fact vultures would be all over it. he already sent PMs to some exclusive circle of 299 truheads, didn't you get one?
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

DrGatineau
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by DrGatineau » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:33 am

cmon m8 he said not to tell anyone...
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

User avatar
Figment
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Lost Loefah Dubs

Post by Figment » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:17 am

Yeah it would be nice if it could at least be as fair as it could lol would be proper pissed if I didn't even get the full sale refresh experience :lol:
incnic wrote:eat bass u r a wanker m8 lol
fuk off with ur shite prolems cos im trying to classofy dungeon vs classic dubstep ffs
Giving away some remixes:
Soundcloud

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 83 guests