Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Lost Loefah Dubs

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby ultraspatial » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:16 pm

should have put the tune out yourselves then if you don't like the way bh are handling it. man probably has a reason for not pressing unlimited copies of a decade old tune...
ultraspatial

Postby sixs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:28 pm

mIrReN wrote:Because you also want to buy a plate you really really liike but you can't

mIrReN wrote:because I don't want to lol

:corntard:

mIrReN wrote:but more serious; you can't fill in yourself why some people won't be able to buy the record? Really? Think for a second

i don't live in the uk, i want a copy, i will order online. just like any other record.
not too complex tbh

mIrReN wrote:edit2; this will be an other hopeless discussion, just wanted to say some of you should really be ashamed of yourself ;-)

not going to feel any shame for trying to buy a record i like
taters on that as we jack it
sixs

Postby scherou » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 pm

ultraspatial wrote:should have put the tune out yourselves then if you don't like the way bh are handling it. man probably has a reason for not pressing unlimited copies of a decade old tune...

im not bothered about it being limited, thats perfectly understandable. just for a tune THIS well known, 300 is too small imo. 700-800 copies would still keep it limited to those people who want the record and like the music, while not pissing a lot of people off. even 500 would be a lot better.
im not gonna be kicking up a big fuss about this but i think it could have been done better, if they repress then its fine and there's nothing to complain about, but i don't see a repress being as likely as we'd hope
scherou

Postby baddis98 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:30 pm

sixs wrote:i don't live in the uk, i want a copy, i will order online. just like any other record.
not too complex tbh

no matter if you will be able to get one online or not, a lot of people will miss out. those records will go to people who happen to be in front of their computer at the right time and who are lucky enough to get trough when the server keeps crashing. if you don't have access to the internet for whatever reasons you're gonna miss out. and this is planned out by the same people who gonna romanticize in their next interview about how back in the day you had to go to record shops, dig through crates and be on good terms with your local vinyl dealer to get some big white labels.
baddis98

Postby OGLemon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:41 pm

With dubstep being dead n all, this seems well fitting.
OGLemon

Postby ultraspatial » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 pm

gonna take a stab in the dark here and assume that most heads don't go to record shops anymore

throwing tantrums and going on about how this is disrespectful won't solve anything tho
ultraspatial

Postby mIrReN » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 pm

just for once can people stop thinking if it's good for me it's good for everybody. The whole I don't have a problem so nobody can have a problem is getting so tedious
this is not complex at all because Baddis got what I was saying.

also you didn't catch the sarcasm did you nor whom it was directed at

@ ultra wtf are you even saying in this thread :corntard: , nobody is talking about going to a record shop except for that one guy who asked if there would be records sold offline, I also haven't read disrespect anywhere just that it could be handled better but hey if we wanted it so much we could've put out the record ourselves right :cornlol: :cornlol: :cornlol:
"If your chest ain't rattlin it ain't happenin'" - DJ Pinch
"Move pples bodies and stimulate their minds"
we just ride the wave
Life sucks; Get used² it.

big up your mum
mIrReN

Postby ultraspatial » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:01 pm

noone prevented you from trying. pretty sure none of you even asked about the tune except maybe that one time you caught him playing somewhere and you were off your face

artists don't owe you/us shit. so pressing a really limited number of copies is not disrespectful to anyone

and that was a reply to
baddis98 wrote:this is planned out by the same people who gonna romanticize in their next interview about how back in the day you had to go to record shops, dig through crates and be on good terms with your local vinyl dealer to get some big white labels.
ultraspatial

Postby QuentinisCue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Inb4 all the positivity crew gets pissed because they missed it...
For the Twitter crew

johney wrote:stephen hawking looks like a laptop DJ
QuentinisCue

Postby baddis98 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 pm

ultraspatial wrote:and that was a reply to
baddis98 wrote:this is planned out by the same people who gonna romanticize in their next interview about how back in the day you had to go to record shops, dig through crates and be on good terms with your local vinyl dealer to get some big white labels.

completely missed the point then
baddis98

Postby mikey_g » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:15 pm

sorry to go off on a tangent but I can't wait to get this :corndance:
Recently reborn and relocated to glasgow

http://soundcloud.com/mikey-g-3
mikey_g

Postby ultraspatial » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm

baddis98 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:and that was a reply to

completely missed the point then

i didn't
just thought it was pointless to discuss some people's nostalgia when everybody else is pissed because of a business decision
ultraspatial

Postby soulkids » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:29 pm

ultraspatial wrote:gonna take a stab in the dark here and assume that most heads don't go to record shops anymore

its so frustrating to go to a record shop only to find empty sleeves with tags. its like buying online without the advantages of buying online. ( :t: sotu, hj, phonica, kristina)
soulkids

Postby harbinger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:42 pm

If anything, this whole response will only encourage Loefah not to release any more old dubs.
harbinger

Postby dsprainman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Last edited by dsprainman on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane Says wrote:Swamp is on island time.
dsprainman

Postby exfox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 pm

ultraspatial wrote:artists don't owe you/us shit. so pressing a really limited number of copies is not disrespectful to anyone

no one said they did owe us something. we do, however, all listen to music that is recorded and published, as well as registered on a music forum; is it not normal for us to discuss this music, as well as the way it is published? you wouldn't refrain commenting on a pressing that sounds quieter or louder, so why should we not be able to discuss the way music is published? whether it be positively, or - sometimes - negatively

ultraspatial wrote:gonna take a stab in the dark here and assume that most heads don't go to record shops anymore

throwing tantrums and going on about how this is disrespectful won't solve anything tho

garethom hosts a label and a blog, and has already stated what he was doing with it regarding this issue. hardly simply "throwing tantrums", is it?
I won't dwell on my situation as I guess it is irrelevant here, but my point is it is a bit easy to try and sum everything up in people being butthurt

i won't go back to the discussion as most of the points have already been made, but it's a bit boring to read (not necessarily saying you are doing this ultra) that we shouldn't discuss things because it reduces "dsf's cred" ( :cornlol: ). just shut the forum down and replace it by Facebook likes if you want things this way
exfox

Postby dsprainman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Last edited by dsprainman on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane Says wrote:Swamp is on island time.
dsprainman

Postby mIrReN » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:32 pm

ultraspatial wrote:noone prevented you from trying. pretty sure none of you even asked about the tune except maybe that one time you caught him playing somewhere and you were off your face

artists don't owe you/us shit. so pressing a really limited number of copies is not disrespectful to anyone

and that was a reply to

and seriously what do you mean by; "noone prevented you from trying. pretty sure none of you even asked about the tune except maybe that one time you caught him playing somewhere and you were off your face" that we didn't ask when he played out live? :corntard: or that we should've asked when the record comes out :corntard: ? You mean I could've just asked him and he would've released it? I WILL TRY THIS,,, but if you mean nobody asked to play out midnight or woman then :corntard: :corntard: :corntard: :corntard: :corntard:, you mean back when he wasn't playing dubstep anymore and would love for people to stop asking him to play dubstep and go all swamp81

I remember an interview or 2 with Loefah saying he thought most if not all tunes of that period were shit and he doesn't want them to come out (I could be mistaken but it was a written interview). And I'm quite sure a lot of ppl have asked him to release said tune, also quite sure at one point someone must've offered him a deal so dunno. I also remember him saying he's sick and tired of ppl asking about his dubplates (again not sure if this was about midnight)

I've heard the tune quite a lot by now and thx but I only smoke weed, don't drink so much., Don't owe us shit, to some degree I agree but without "us" he probably wouldn't be "there" jo. This may be a shitty argument, true nontheless, also there are probably fans of his waiting a couple of years for this dub of which Loefah KNOWS it will sell out with 300 limited. He knows the demand is very high for this plate, and you're saying it's not disrespectful, hrmmm
"If your chest ain't rattlin it ain't happenin'" - DJ Pinch
"Move pples bodies and stimulate their minds"
we just ride the wave
Life sucks; Get used² it.

big up your mum
mIrReN

Postby soronery » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:34 pm

check your plate privilege

DiegoSapiens wrote:
zoronery frees the realness

DiegoSapiens wrote:
cheers coronary

_ronzlo_ wrote:
BIG UP YOSELF HAN SORO
soronery

Postby ehbes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:36 pm

soronery wrote:check your plate privilege

white (label) privilege
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.
ehbes

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion