Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
masaru
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by masaru » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:54 pm

mashmash wrote:i don't see why people are saying this is like a burial dj kicks
DJ Kicks = mix series of artists playing a bunch of their favorite tracks.

Sounds kind of like the mix on MAH's show last night, right?

joeki
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Hest Side, Belgium

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by joeki » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 pm

hmm correct, DMZ and Shackleton both contenders.

But this just felt special, I don't know it was all awesome

User avatar
firky
Posts: 10336
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: seckle is a tnuc
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by firky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm

this thread is hoooge :o
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

User avatar
Loveless
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 am

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Loveless » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 pm

edgecom wrote:
Loveless wrote:Alright, up now here. Right click and save.

Please upload torrents and such to spread if you like. Heaven knows I may have just signed my server's death certificate, but fuck it, this is for history's sake. :big up recording crew:
Sorry to bring any negative light to this thread. But you dont have a real 320 rip. the best bitrate you have is whatever BBC streams to the web. Ide say 128 @ best.

Its called a transcode, or maybe thats just when you take a lower quality and re-rip it to a higher bitrate, or just re-rip it at all. But my point is the 320 is overkill, though only 68MB. whatever!


THANK YOU
I know, it's a transcode. It is whatever came out of the BBC player. You got the mix though ;]
ImageImage

User avatar
Loveless
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 am

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Loveless » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Bloodstream wrote: i have it. End of next week i have the free flight from MAH to upload it for us !
Sweet, looking forward to this. Cheers in advance 8)
ImageImage

phaseone
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by phaseone » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm

anyone have a link to the kode9 radio 1 burial self-titled album preview mix? i've heard the untrue preview mix but mary anne mentioned there was a mix to precede both albums.

User avatar
rubadub
Posts: 794
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:17 pm
Location: Bristol via Swansea/All Ova

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by rubadub » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:23 pm

phaseone wrote:anyone have a link to the kode9 radio 1 burial self-titled album preview mix? i've heard the untrue preview mix but mary anne mentioned there was a mix to precede both albums.
Be interested to hear these also.

User avatar
Luke Yeah?
Posts: 1297
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Luke Yeah? » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 pm

rubadub wrote:
phaseone wrote:anyone have a link to the kode9 radio 1 burial self-titled album preview mix? i've heard the untrue preview mix but mary anne mentioned there was a mix to precede both albums.
Be interested to hear these also.
http://www.barefiles.com/download.php?id=464 :D:

(pretty sure its ok to post links to barefiles right?)

phaseone
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by phaseone » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Luke Yeah? wrote:
rubadub wrote:
phaseone wrote:anyone have a link to the kode9 radio 1 burial self-titled album preview mix? i've heard the untrue preview mix but mary anne mentioned there was a mix to precede both albums.
Be interested to hear these also.
http://www.barefiles.com/download.php?id=464 :D:

(pretty sure its ok to post links to barefiles right?)
thanks

User avatar
dopocc
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Athenz

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by dopocc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:27 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/programmes/ ... 2010/09/15

Is this a replay or is it a new show with Toddla T???

Also why is Benji B on the pic?

joeki
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Hest Side, Belgium

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by joeki » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:04 pm

dopocc wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/programmes/ ... 2010/09/15

Is this a replay or is it a new show with Toddla T???

Also why is Benji B on the pic?

Benji B replaces MAH , it's a brand new show.

User avatar
dopocc
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Athenz

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by dopocc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

joeki wrote:
dopocc wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/programmes/ ... 2010/09/15

Is this a replay or is it a new show with Toddla T???

Also why is Benji B on the pic?

Benji B replaces MAH , it's a brand new show.
Yeah but is she also on the show? if you check the link it says she's on it :?:

masaru
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by masaru » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Bloodstream wrote:
edgecom wrote: Sorry to bring any negative light to this thread. But you dont have a real 320 rip. the best bitrate you have is whatever BBC streams to the web. Ide say 128 @ best.

Its called a transcode, or maybe thats just when you take a lower quality and re-rip it to a higher bitrate, or just re-rip it at all. But my point is the 320 is overkill, though only 68MB. whatever!


THANK YOU

i have it. End of next week i have the free flight from MAH to upload it for us !

Bloodstream wrote:hi mates,

i have recorded this one in HQ
2010-09-09 - Burial & Kode 9 -Live- (Hyperdub Recordings) @ Mary Anne`s Experimental Show, BBC Radio 1 - V.I.P. unsigned
00:34:08 minutes = CBR 160 HQ Studio Master = 39,0 MB

But MAH asks me for wait, so i respected her last wish !

Soon i can put it up for us dubstep community freaks :D

xxx Blood xxxx


P.S. In some days i will visit and see Kode 9 too and i can record one of his rare livepas as well :mrgreen:
Bloodstream, did you ever post this studio master version of the Burial/Kode9 mix? Was waiting to grab that version.... :)

2084
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:38 am

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by 2084 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Who did the remix on "Eric B and Rakim - I Know You Got Soul" Track? It's about 26min into the mix.
She says something like "Attempting Twins", 2003, Colour Recordings created by Wall or something but that all doesn't make sense, since I can't find any of the bits

User avatar
Bloodstream
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: Arabia

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Bloodstream » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:36 pm

:arrow: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165157

tonight starts a new AREA + a new topic too !



Hello! This is Benji's producer... Just wanted to say hi and give you a little taster of what Benji will be playing on his brand new Radio 1 show this evening...

Gaufre
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Gaufre » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:37 am

2084 wrote:Who did the remix on "Eric B and Rakim - I Know You Got Soul" Track? It's about 26min into the mix.
She says something like "Attempting Twins", 2003, Colour Recordings created by Wall or something but that all doesn't make sense, since I can't find any of the bits
This has been buggin me for a while now. Anyone got a name on this?
]

Gaufre
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Upcoming Mary Anne Hobbs Radio 1 Shows

Post by Gaufre » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 am

well here it is haha
]

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests