"OH MY GOSH"
It's hard to describe Outlook without resorting to hyperbole, and probably even harder to take reviews such as mine seriously due to presumptions of exaggeration.
But Outlook Festival 2010 was literally one of the best experiences of many people's lives, including my own.
A big statement, but justified.
Every person there was so friendly, conversations and friendships were being formed left, right and centre. Beer and food was cheap and good, the fort itself was incredible with top notch soundsystems all round (although special mention goes out to Mungo's Hi-Fi and Noahs Ballroom!). The beach and sea was beautiful, DJ's were doing the sets of their lives, the Boat parties were one of a kind, and to get cheeky for a second, the sheer amount of beautiful women was unbelievable.
My personal highlights:
- Everyone hanging out on the beach at night and getting to know each other for those that arrived a day or two early.
- The Bigger Than Barry boat party. Unreal. Oneman, I salute you.
- Talking and getting to know Pasteman and gf Dorrie generally, and him giving me a CD of unreleased Electro tunes after said Boat Party to play during my set the next day, what a legend.
- Loefah and DMZ's set. One for the history books.
- During DMZ's set, Klose One nearly killing himself by boshing through the barrier blocking off the stairs whilst raving, summersaulting and landing on his back, narrowly escaping a fatal fall. Then getting back up and continuing to skank!
- Dancing in the sandpit with a sea of other people to amazing music. Ibiza terrace can walk away with a tail between it's legs.
- Congo Natty giving us a thumbs up during our set in the Ballroom and sticking about, and P Money for turning up randomly and MC'ing over us. Legend!
- Simply making so many new friends from passing conversations and friendly acknowledgements. Amazing vibes.
Big up the heads with the "Outlook lung" right now