Mt eden removed from record??

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
In The Shadows

Re: Mt eden removed from record??

Post by In The Shadows » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 pm

incnic wrote:cheimcal trolling :o

:lol:
Id put more money on Fresh being the guy sitting at his computer laughing right now

antipode

Post by antipode » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:38 pm

ALL STAR PAR
jrkhnds wrote:
and I've never really rated dubstep..
- dubstepforum, 2014.

thelostone

Post by thelostone » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:01 am

this just restored a bit of my faith in humanity
Peace & Sub

jezza2212

Post by jezza2212 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:39 am

epochalypso wrote:ALL STAR PAR
EPOCHALYPTO

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:12 am

Blerim wrote: NZ bros, don't take this too hard, keep doing your thing, and maybe switch up your style a little to add some depth and atmosphere to your future productions. take it easy bro churr (from a former south aucklander - takanini) :W:
i lold... so true. All the 'dubstep' producers in NZ are pretty shit tbh, they just follow either the pop bandwagon wub wub wub BS or their productions sound a little.... errr 'lacking' if you know what i mean. The only decent producer we have is Optimus Gryme, but even his productions dont match up to the quality of the tunes coming from the UK.

Its sad really.... i think our DnB is on par with the uk.... but for the love of God, we cant make anything decent at 140bpm

*EDIT - Im not diggin at Optimus either btw, top dude and knows how to get a crowd moving. Personaly though, im just not a huge fan of his studio work
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

antipode

Post by antipode » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 am

jrkhnds wrote:
and I've never really rated dubstep..
- dubstepforum, 2014.

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 am

Nevalo wrote:
Blerim wrote: NZ bros, don't take this too hard, keep doing your thing, and maybe switch up your style a little to add some depth and atmosphere to your future productions. take it easy bro churr (from a former south aucklander - takanini) :W:
i lold... so true. All the 'dubstep' producers in NZ are pretty shit tbh, they just follow either the pop bandwagon wub wub wub BS or their productions sound a little.... errr 'lacking' if you know what i mean. The only decent producer we have is Optimus Gryme, but even his productions dont match up to the quality of the tunes coming from the UK.

Its sad really.... i think our DnB is on par with the uk.... but for the love of God, we cant make anything decent at 140bpm

*EDIT - Im not diggin at Optimus either btw, top dude and knows how to get a crowd moving. Personaly though, im just not a huge fan of his studio work
You obviously know nothing about decent NZ music. You're calling the Truth's production lacking? You think Dutty Ranks is following the "pop bandwagon"?

I'd really like to know who you think is a good producer...

Regardless... you can't compare a nation of 4 million to the UK scene. You're an idiot.
Last edited by Molzie on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

singlepoint

Post by singlepoint » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:32 am

they don't deserve to be pressed on wax, they arent going to be on wax, simple as....
Legend4ry wrote:Well I am still living in that haze that dubstep is about a dark room with a big system, peoples with their heads down and trigger fingers in the air.

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:15 am

Molzie wrote:
You obviously know nothing about decent NZ music. You're calling the Truth's production lacking? You think Dutty Ranks is following the "pop bandwagon"?
you got me on dutty ranks, not a fan of truth though tbh.
Molzie wrote:I'd really like to know who you think is a good producer...
i rate tunnidge as one of the better producers out there at the moment, and his tunes definatly destroy 99% of the 'dubstep' that comes from here.
Molzie wrote:Regardless... you can't compare a nation of 4 million to the UK scene. You're an idiot.
why the fuck not? obviously if you rate us so high, then that particular factor would become redundant, would it not? Quality over quantity imho, and im sorry but 2 decent producers does not make up from the ridonkulous amout of midrange wubwub/filthy fuck-my-nan bullshit that everyone else is making.
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud

jezza2212

Post by jezza2212 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 am

Nevalo wrote:

what ever bro. you dunno shit. there are so many solid underground producers in christchurch and i am sure the rest of nz.
optimus gryme is the most popular with the masses but isnt that good.
there is so much undescovered talent.
pvans is a fucken wicked producer through and through aling with a lot of others

lowfreq

Post by lowfreq » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:21 am

Nevalo wrote:
Molzie wrote:
i rate tunnidge as one of the better producers out there at the moment, and his tunes definatly destroy 99% of the 'dubstep' that comes from here.
Molzie wrote:Regardless... you can't compare a nation of 4 million to the UK scene. You're an idiot.
why the fuck not? obviously if you rate us so high, then that particular factor would become redundant, would it not? Quality over quantity imho, and im sorry but 2 decent producers does not make up from the ridonkulous amout of midrange wubwub/filthy fuck-my-nan bullshit that everyone else is making.
who are these producers your whinging about? i don't see them getting exposure other than mt eden. truth are huge, whether you like them or not is irrelevant.
we're a small country ofcourse we're not gunna be on par with the UK. u heard of bulletproof? organikismness? you put up a pretty shit argument

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:34 am

Nevalo wrote:

I never implied that I rate nz music so highly (which I do), I was just confused by your negativity. I don't know any nz producers (apart from the obvious) who make crappy midrange bullocks.

Good on you for shitting in yer backyard though mate. You're awesome.

kentnz

Post by kentnz » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:36 am

lowfreq wrote:
Nevalo wrote:
Molzie wrote:
who are these producers your whinging about? i don't see them getting exposure other than mt eden. truth are huge, whether you like them or not is irrelevant.
we're a small country ofcourse we're not gunna be on par with the UK. u heard of bulletproof? organikismness? you put up a pretty shit argument
Quoted for Truth. Pun Intended. But seriously NZ has a very healthy dubstep scene imo.
incnic wrote:DMZ forthingcoming In McDonalds (Swamp81 w/ MC Boodiker)

Blerim

Post by Blerim » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 am

yo man thats not what i meant at all! I was just saying that most Mt Eden's tracks use similar snares, midrange basslines etc, so I was suggesting maybe switching up the atmosphere of their tracks to more deep and spacious

i actually think new zealand, proportionally (taking into account the low population) is musically one of the most talented nations on Earth! Love nz music; Fat Freddy's (both albums), Katchafire, Scribe (the crusader only), P Money, Tahuna Breaks, Shapeshifter etc etc. Plus great DJs like Mind, DJ Sirvere, Zane Lowe (lol).

Be PROUD of your country man it has the best vibe on the planet, such a laid back soulful place! :W:

fair enough regarding dubstep. altho I have to say I quite like some of truth's tracks (Don't Explain and Stay in particular), just keep an open mind; I expect big things to come from NZ in the future! :t:
My recorded all vinyl mixes are here...
http://soundcloud.com/blerim

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:11 am

Blerim wrote:yo man thats not what i meant at all! I was just saying that most Mt Eden's tracks use similar snares, midrange basslines etc, so I was suggesting maybe switching up the atmosphere of their tracks to more deep and spacious

i actually think new zealand, proportionally (taking into account the low population) is musically one of the most talented nations on Earth! Love nz music; Fat Freddy's (both albums), Katchafire, Scribe (the crusader only), P Money, Tahuna Breaks, Shapeshifter etc etc. Plus great DJs like Mind, DJ Sirvere, Zane Lowe (lol).

Be PROUD of your country man it has the best vibe on the planet, such a laid back soulful place! :W:

fair enough regarding dubstep. altho I have to say I quite like some of truth's tracks (Don't Explain and Stay in particular), just keep an open mind; I expect big things to come from NZ in the future! :t:
im extremly proud to be from nz and im proud of our music, but i just feel (and this is just my personal opinion) that our dubstep needs something else, maybe in a year or two we'll actualy get our head around it and start pumpin out some of the best shit like we've done for the last 10years in other genres.

in regards to you boys in CHCH, you guys are actualy quite lucky, you have a dope scene... people down there seem to know what decent dubstep tunes are.
Soundcloud

Phyalow

Post by Phyalow » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:10 am

I dont know where abouts in NZ you are based, but most centres (Auckland Especially) have a pretty lively dubstep scene. NZ producers merk it so I dont know what the point you are trying make is.
maybe in a year or two we'll actualy get our head around it
Get the fuck out, are you serious?

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 am

Phyalow wrote:Nevalo, get the fuck out. I dont know where abouts in NZ you are based, but most centres (Auckland Especially) have a pretty lively dubstep scene. NZ producers merk it so I dont know what the point you are trying make is.
uhhh.... wtf are you on about.... if the scene in auckland was so good i dont think Mt eden would be playing at RnV, its a fucking joke.

look there are guys out there who are pushing a good scene in aux (rollout crew, dubmilitia, Howson, Jethro, echo comapny.) but they are outweighed by the amount of people who just play/listen/like shit dubstep
Soundcloud

Sirius

Post by Sirius » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:30 am

Nevalo.... you don't know shit cuz!
optimus gryme, organikismness, truth, they are all fukn killing it!
& thats only the big dstep names, theres alot more out there!
then we have - fat freddys, kora, shapeshifter, electric wire hustle, ladi 6, conchord dawn, pitch black, katchafire, rhomus, salmonella dub, tiki tane, black seeds, scribe, p money, deceptikonz, tahuna breaks, six60, rythymonyx, 1814, sunshine soundsystem, little bushman, trinity roots, dubwise, shit... i could go on!! & these artists are all playing nowadays!!

NZ MUSIC FTW!!!

if yall have never heard of any of these cats.... use youtube!! shits off the hook

!!CHEA
http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&start=20
DSF TUNE BATTLE ROYALE 2!!! starts 11-03-11 @ 23:59GMT

illregulators

Post by illregulators » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 am

...aaaand at the end of the day you're all sheep fuckers.

Sirius

Post by Sirius » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:18 am

illregulators wrote:...aaaand at the end of the day you're all sheep fuckers.
at the end of the day.... there are over 300000 maoris over there( prob more than there are over here).
we have taken over the gold coast & breeding like crazy!!
your grandchildrens children are guna by my whanau!!

!!chea
http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&start=20
DSF TUNE BATTLE ROYALE 2!!! starts 11-03-11 @ 23:59GMT