Skream thread on DOA

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
bagelator

Post by bagelator » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:51 pm

Grievous Angel wrote:No, a lot of the people here were junglists.
is it really though

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:21 am

im a junglist and can name alot of converts on here
dnb is still my passion though spending more on dubstep and spending more time producing it
we're not all assholes
hell doa has plenty of dubstep threads mix and tune wise
this thread just pissed off alot of dancefloor/clownstep heads
oh and neuro is new name for tech step imo

bagelator

Post by bagelator » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:09 am

Deadly Habit wrote:im a junglist
are you? i'm not. i love jungle, but i was 11 when the burial came out

incyde

Post by incyde » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:34 am

to me its just one of the initial signs that the dnb scene is declining in popularity and its fans who are fed up with it are seeing more and more how much dubstep is on an entirely different level..... exponential growth is what i'm sayin..... exponential!
Dub War Podcast 11
Hotflush Podcast 01
Blog
Myspace
Live every other Weds 7-9pm EST on Sub.FM

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:42 am

bagelator wrote:
christ i hope you're kidding else im an old fart

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:46 am

incyde wrote:to me its just one of the initial signs that the dnb scene is declining in popularity and its fans who are fed up with it are seeing more and more how much dubstep is on an entirely different level..... exponential growth is what i'm sayin..... exponential!
i wouldnt go that far
dubstep has alot of fans from dnb and other ug genres picking it up but thats hardly coming near mainstream or becoming as big alone as dnb
first dubstep article/review i saw was in 04 in an imported british mag
but till i see dubstep taking main room instead of secondary at main nites in uk much as dmz shows are huge, but not as big as herbal etc in uk
blah not saying more
love to see dubstep be main focus here in states for some parties though least locally hell im trying to do it
just haters of dnb on here need to recognize as much as dnb haters of dubstep

bagelator

Post by bagelator » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:50 am

Deadly Habit wrote:
bagelator wrote:
christ i hope you're kidding else im an old fart

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:55 am

lol i hope 24 aint to old to mix with you jailbait nambla types :teef:

bagelator

Post by bagelator » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:05 am

stop grooming people on music forums :couplateef:

freqone

Post by freqone » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:34 am

The Wiggle Baron wrote:
pete bubonic wrote:
Furiouz wrote:
SHNYDE wrote:dogsonacid is the worst forum on earth, full of neurofunk (gayest sub-genre name i reckon) twats with nothing to do but slag shit off and complain about their lack of 'scene'

they're just jealous I reckon!
True! :lol:
Just as many dickheads on this forum bitching about things they don't know about. Dubstep and DnB heads are pretty much the same crowd and by bitching about them, you're just making yourself look foolish. Mainstream DnB may not be the sound you like, but constant bitching about stuff you really shouldn't care about is the downfall of ALL internet message boards.
Ive got to say I think this forum (at least at the moment) is very good when it comes to not bitching about things they dont know about. I cant remember who but someone somewhere said whats special about here is peoples ability to present their opinion as just that. Not as fact. I thought it was a pretty fair comment.

But also, who ever said people bitching about something they dont know aaaaalll that much about is all that bad? If its still put forward as an opinion it deserves as much respect as any other post, aslong as that person accepts that its just more likely to be shot down factually, s'all. An opinion is still an opinion, just uninformed perhaps.

...or at least thats my opinion :roll:
That was I, in this thread below
http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?p ... ht=#194941

I dont see how it's valid to compare the music of dubstep to dnb.... & compareing one scene to another scene is just redundant.

evanstewy

Post by evanstewy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:45 am

I'm a big DNB fan. I just see Dubstep as a way to just chill out and actually listen to the music. DNB was to get pumped up and have a long night. Dubstep is to go out with your mates, have a beer and chill out. They both have their good and bad, I don't see why these guys are freakin out about what Skream said, he was just saying he liked one better than the other. Didnt say he hated DNB...Cant you like something better than the other and still like the other?

ozeb

Post by ozeb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:51 am

evanstewy wrote:Dubstep is to go out with your mates, have a beer and chill out.
I mean no disrespect but I seriously have never understood this statement - and you are not the first to allude to it being a chill genre. I do find that I mostly get this perspective from dnb heads... I have never seen dubstep as inherently evil or dark or chill or stoney to the point of lethargy... There are songs that fit those descriptions but they are not necessarily definitive I think.

How the hell did I last for ten hours of pure top rankin skankin at the DMZ 2 year if this music isn't meant for dancing? or high energy?

From Dave Q to Plastician with short breaks to pee or have a piece of chicken I was there from start to finish sweating my nads off.

d_three

Post by d_three » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:54 am

dj_lean

Post by dj_lean » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:32 am

incyde wrote:to me its just one of the initial signs that the dnb scene is declining in popularity and its fans who are fed up with it are seeing more and more how much dubstep is on an entirely different level..... exponential growth is what i'm sayin..... exponential!
its this kind of attitude that gets a lot of people in the dnb scenes back up. I understand that you have real passion for dubstep but you just sound arrogant. Why cant both scenes thrive? Why for one scene to be boundary pushing, soulfull and fresh does the other have to be stagnant, mechanical and stale? And its not as though this is the first time a bunch of people into dnb have upped sticks and decided to play/produce another genre, remember ukg? That was far more popular than dubstep has ever become (I recognise the relationship between ukg and dubstep, of course) and a lot more of the original junglists switched, including me, hailing that dnb was dead.....exactly what a lot of dubstep fans are saying now, its a shortsighted and naive view and one which I wish I hadnt taken back in 97/98 because it meant that I missed out on a lot of classic tracks from the 99/00 era before I got back into dnb

relaks

Post by relaks » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:48 am

boo frickity hoo.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

this one very sad threadings.
responsible adult

drum syndicate

Post by drum syndicate » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:27 am

I see more ladies inna dance at the Dubstep shows than I do at the dnb shows. That's a part of what seals the deal for me. I'm over going to events where there's 10+ guys to each 1 female. If I wanna go sit in a room with a bunch of guys and make noise, I'll go bbq at a friend's house, get a bunch of beer, and throw on some sports or some shit.

dj_lean

Post by dj_lean » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:31 am

drum syndicate wrote:I see more ladies inna dance at the Dubstep shows than I do at the dnb shows. That's a part of what seals the deal for me. I'm over going to events where there's 10+ guys to each 1 female. If I wanna go sit in a room with a bunch of guys and make noise, I'll go bbq at a friend's house, get a bunch of beer, and throw on some sports or some shit.
neither dnb or dubstep has ever been about girls. Dont get me wrong, Id love to see more girls at both types of night but the blokes are in the majority...if you want to go out for the girls there is always funky/electro house or rnb clubs

pez

Re: Skream thread on DOA

Post by pez » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:59 pm

Baron_von_Carlton wrote:http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.ph ... genumber=1

Why are Junglists so obsessed with Dubstep. :lol: :lol:
Im not trying to start any hate it just made me laugh.Its only fuckin music.
I wouldn't call half the people pissing and moaning in that thread 'Junglists'. If they were 'Junglists' they'd listen to music that actually sounded like jungle, instead of the pish that gets played in the big raves nowadays.

If anyone's interested in hearing some decent drum and bass, I did a mix a couple of weeks ago which pretty much covers all the bases of good dnb, from more experimental choppy and mimimal things, through to bass-heavy Bristol-style rollers and techy stuff as well. Few classics in there too!

http://www.pezholio.co.uk/mixes/Pez_-_R ... Bowler.mp3

cielmarcheur

Post by cielmarcheur » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:50 pm

dj_lean wrote:...hailing that dnb was dead.....exactly what a lot of dubstep fans are saying now, its a shortsighted and naive view and one which I wish I hadnt taken back in 97/98 because it meant that I missed out on a lot of classic tracks from the 99/00 era before I got back into dnb
+1