DMZ last night.

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Jubz

DMZ last night.

Post by Jubz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:26 am

Fucking sick just got in having got the bus back to Oxford then walked 4miles
and got picked up by someone! Messy. Set of the night: Youngsta, many apologies to the various people I chatted fucking shite to. Upstairs was nekkle as well, good venue. MUST SLEEP!

Whistla

Re: DMZ last night.

Post by Whistla » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am

Jubscarz wrote:Set of the night: Youngsta
Yeah Youngsta was my fav too.
Big up DMZ for a quality nite!!!!
(P.S. Anyone else think that the sound upstairs was muffled and didnt do the tunes justice?)
Anyone know what DMZ are gonna do now it looks like theyve outgrown 3rd Base? The poor sound quality (imo) at Mass means I would hope they'd look at holding it somewhere else, what do ya reckon?

[b]racket

Post by [b]racket » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:51 am

How mad was last night?

Just got home.

Been trying to work out how i ended up lost in Shepherds Bush at 7 in the morning. Thats a long way from Brixton...

It all went a bit haywire for me when it moved into Mass. The last thing i properly remember is Joe Nice smashing it in 3rd bass.

Joe - you are a fuckin legend mate!!!!

Big up everyone i met...Apologies for my drunken stupor. :lol:

bunzer0

Post by bunzer0 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:43 pm

Just back in Brussels.
Listening to new records with headphones...
Can't sleep before checkin the beats :-)
WICKED NIGHT !
BIG BIG BIG UP TO DMZ !!!!!!!!

emcee child

Post by emcee child » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:56 pm

off-the-scale-BOOOOM!

so biggle had to take over Mass.. and then PACK IT OUT!

mad ups to everyone I got to meet.. I know, I look better on this side of the forum..

killer sets by everyone.. especially Joe Nice, Youngsta and the Mystics.

I got cramp when i woke up.. probably from all the skanking..

hold tight Plastician, big up ya chest Scientist, Dave Q - for reals man lets do this thing.

:o

I'm already saving for my next trip.
Grime City, Narco.Hz
Myspace nonsense

luke.envoy
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by luke.envoy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:48 pm

mad night!! had a heavy one

largest dubstep party to ever happen i think, i cant believe 3rd base got ROOOAAADBLOACKED!!!!!
the queue went all way round mass i heard.

once the system got turned up upstairs the party kicked off again after joes heavy set downstairs.
i heard too many fresh bits and the vibe was heaveh, as expected of dmz

historic

kudos

Post by kudos » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:57 pm

was absolutely wicked from start to finish, big up the forum heads i met from all over the world!!
mad mad night, i left and had no sleep and am now at work.

sick night

captain easychord

Post by captain easychord » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:57 pm

joe nice smacked it right off the bat! unbelievably we had to go upstairs. agreed that the soundsystem in mass wasn't quite right for dubstep, not a lot of clarity in the bottom end, basslines tended to sound kind of boomy. that said the vibes were tight and the place was rammed which is definitely a good look. youngsta's set was an epic trip baby, set of the night IMO.

kion

Post by kion » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:03 pm

captain easychord wrote:joe nice smacked it right off the bat! unbelievably we had to go upstairs. agreed that the soundsystem in mass wasn't quite right for dubstep, not a lot of clarity in the bottom end, basslines tended to sound kind of boomy. that said the vibes were tight and the place was rammed which is definitely a good look. youngsta's set was an epic trip baby, set of the night IMO.
Not a lot of clarity in the bottom end? From where I was (which was all over the place!) it sounded crystal and heavy heavy heavy.

And as for taking over Mass - that will go down in the history books - the turning point for this thing man.
http://www.vitalsinesmusic.com
DUBS / PROMOS / DEMOS - AIM 'djkion' / send to info[at]vitalsinesmusic.com
mixcloud.com/djkion < archive dubpressure shows

captain easychord

Post by captain easychord » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 pm

^^^ fair enough man, just thought it was clearer downstairs. either way the MASS takeover is a sign of big things to come this year.

bumcrack

Post by bumcrack » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:13 pm

What a rediculously sick night! That was definitely history right there, a big club full to bursting point, girls dancing on stage, heavy vibes and basslines. One word:

Skream

I thought he fucking tore the rave to pieces, then put it through a paper shredding machine, took the paper to a recycling plant, got it pulped and turned back in to A4.

Congratulations to DMZ, all this success is more than deserved, Big up.

logos

Post by logos » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:24 pm

Very sick indeed, its a massive acheivement to take over the Mass, I've never been to a rave before where they have switched venues mid-stream.

Fwiw I thought the system upstairs was definitely weighty enough, but you've got a bigger space to fill so the dynamics are going to be different, its not just a hall and two speakers anymore. In Mass certainly it was heavier up the stairs than down by the stage.

DMZ were great but Skream caught the peak of the night with his set, so many pull-ups :twisted: This new 4/4 thing Mala played towards the end of his set was :o

A massive night for the cause, and also one of reflection and nostalgia about the experiences I've had in 3rd base. Well done to the DMZ guys. :D

bam

Post by bam » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:25 pm

Last Night made my week has anyone got pictures tho?[/quote]

dj krave

Post by dj krave » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:27 pm

Bumcrack wrote:What a rediculously sick night! That was definitely history right there, a big club full to bursting point, girls dancing on stage, heavy vibes and basslines. One word:

Skream

I thought he fucking tore the rave to pieces, then put it through a paper shredding machine, took the paper to a recycling plant, got it pulped and turned back in to A4.

Congratulations to DMZ, all this success is more than deserved, Big up.
i couldnt have put it better myself

plastician
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by plastician » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:28 pm

Wow....

So Dubstep kicks drum and bass out of its South London home on a Saturday night??

Last night was historic to say the least.

I was literally dying outside cos I could hear the basslines Joe Nice was playing from the queue, I missed all my own tracks getting dropped! :(

Highlights for me were the end of Joe Nice's set - particularly when he dropped Shattered.

And Skream. I had to go and tell him to play Request Line. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in Mass who thought it would be quite fitting to hear such a pivotal track played on what will probably be remembered as THE pivotal night for this genre.

I can't wait to see what the boys have in store for the next one.....

adruu

Post by adruu » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:34 pm

i love reading these reports...keep em coming!

7 below

Post by 7 below » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:39 pm

KION wrote:
captain easychord wrote:joe nice smacked it right off the bat! unbelievably we had to go upstairs. agreed that the soundsystem in mass wasn't quite right for dubstep, not a lot of clarity in the bottom end, basslines tended to sound kind of boomy. that said the vibes were tight and the place was rammed which is definitely a good look. youngsta's set was an epic trip baby, set of the night IMO.
Not a lot of clarity in the bottom end? From where I was (which was all over the place!) it sounded crystal and heavy heavy heavy.

And as for taking over Mass - that will go down in the history books - the turning point for this thing man.
morning dude! Thanks for the transportation duties last night, I couldn't keep my eyes open once I was in the car...

Yeh - if you wanted the bass to really punch through, standing near the stacks on the balcony was the best place...

I'm just waiting for Pete Bubonic to chirp up about larger venues! :lol:

tronman

Post by tronman » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:44 pm

luke.envoy wrote:i heard too many fresh bits and the vibe was heaveh
seriously. nuff new badness. joe nice played one tune with a MILITANT b-line, sounded like some n-type biz.. i didn't have a problem with upstairs really.

Loefah - Mud. the freshest tune out there.
Skream - Deep Concentration. bassline after the drop is mental

largin up my croydon gang.

big up DMZ & all dubstep crew we had it proper last night :arrow: :arrow:
M: http://www.myspace.com/1mandj
T: http://www.twitter.com/djoneman
AIM : onemanselector
Soundcloud
more snares

***RINSE 11 MIXED BY ONEMAN OUT MARCH 1st 2010 !!!***

atki2

Post by atki2 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Had an excellent time last night. Was nervous when I was queuing outside - thought it was going to be the first time I'd not been able to get into a club before eleven. Good move opening up Mass so everyone could get in!

Quality sets all night, Skream being my favourite. Dope tunes, properly skanking! Vex'd were also lethal, as was the second half of Joe Nice's set. Definitely a big moment for this scene. Really glad I was there.

Big ups to all the folk I bumped into and as ever great to see a strong Bristol contingent!

deapoh

Post by deapoh » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Plasticman I think I saw you lol can't remember. What kinda top were you wearing?

Last night was big, massive sets and then having to go upstairs... RAH! safe racket was good meeting you. Whistla I tried look for you but couldn't see yo anywhere :roll: