I wont be making dubstep anymore

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
misk
Posts: 5525
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:40 am
Location: East Coast Soon!
Contact:

I wont be making dubstep anymore

Post by misk » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:56 am

i've got one more track im going to upload tomorrow, but after that... think ill be taking a break for a while... ill just be making music. if i make anything around 140, ill throw it up here.

peace.

User avatar
ozeb
Posts: 1655
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:07 am
Location: Ess Eff See Aay
Contact:

Post by ozeb » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:59 am

tired of all them bandwagon jumping producers?

:wink:

j/k

User avatar
djshiva
Posts: 4933
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: aka sapphic_beats Indianaptizzle, IN USA
Contact:

Re: I wont be making dubstep anymore

Post by djshiva » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:04 am

Misk wrote:i've got one more track im going to upload tomorrow, but after that... think ill be taking a break for a while... ill just be making music. if i make anything around 140, ill throw it up here.

peace.
this makes me rather sad, i must say. ya gotta do what ya gotta do, but yer tunes are hot!
Here, have a free tune:
Soundcloud

djbmc
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by djbmc » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:45 am

i never set out to make a certain type of music, it's always at 140 bpm tho

User avatar
Forensics
Posts: 6065
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:34 am
Contact:

Post by Forensics » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:08 am

Sure this ain't just a Wiley tactic geeza? :D

Nah, only teasing. Reckon you'll be back tho!

Enjoy making the other stuff anyway, variety's the spice of life an' all that ;)
_________________

Facebook / Twitter / Soundcloud / Blog

villem
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by villem » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:14 am

ozeb wrote:tired of all them bandwagon jumping producers?

:wink:

j/k
why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)

shonky
Posts: 9754
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:31 pm

Post by shonky » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:31 am

Villem wrote:
ozeb wrote:tired of all them bandwagon jumping producers?

:wink:

j/k
why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)
I think the wink denotes sarcasm. Might just have a twitch though of course
Hmm....

Image

ozols man
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 11:52 pm

Post by ozols man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:17 am

haha not making dubstep anymore? im always gonna be making 140 stuff, but at my uni which im gonna go back to in a few days i got unlimited access to profesional studio... so expect some LIVE stuff at 140 :D :D :D were talking live violins, drums, bass, keyboards, the whole shabang...

metalboxproducts
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Lower Clapton Rd, Hackney
Contact:

Post by metalboxproducts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:20 am

Fuck off them. See if we care. Thought you music was wank anyway.

Your chest.
magma wrote: I must fellate you instantly."?
Close The Door available here vvvvvvvv
http://www.digital-tunes.net/labels/metalbox
http://www.myspace.com/metalboxproducts
every thursday 10-12 gmt
Image

baz
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm
Contact:

Post by baz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:52 am

why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)
what sort of wank is this?

auralassassin
Permanent Vacation
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:02 am

Post by auralassassin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:13 pm

fake.

metalboxproducts
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: Lower Clapton Rd, Hackney
Contact:

Post by metalboxproducts » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:16 pm

baz wrote:
why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)
what sort of wank is this?
Have him. lol.

I think people forgat a fare amount of artist read this forum.
magma wrote: I must fellate you instantly."?
Close The Door available here vvvvvvvv
http://www.digital-tunes.net/labels/metalbox
http://www.myspace.com/metalboxproducts
every thursday 10-12 gmt
Image

dub_warrior
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by dub_warrior » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:37 pm

:D have a break them
and come back more determined

shonky
Posts: 9754
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:31 pm

Post by shonky » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:44 pm

baz wrote:
why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)
what sort of wank is this?
Apparently Loefah used to do Hi-Nrg tunes before Hatcha pointed out that the kids are really vibing on the slow stuff. I also hear that the Mystikz used to be a country band called The Rootin Tootin Mystic Boys and were never really into reggae as they found it a bit samey

Has to be true, it was on the net
Hmm....

Image

b-lam
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 am

Post by b-lam » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:08 pm

i reckon it'll be good for u misk, if you take away all your boundaries and just make something, you'll be making it for yourself, if ur a true stepper ur tunes will turn out dubsteppy, but there's no point in restricting yourself to a scene if it means ur not expressin urself fully...

good luck bro :D

ozols man
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 11:52 pm

Post by ozols man » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:16 pm

yeh as B-LAM said its good in a way cos it means ur an artist in ur own right... only problem with alternative artists is finding an avenue to showcase ur music, especially if its orientated around production...

b-lam
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:23 am

Post by b-lam » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:34 pm

ozols man wrote:yeh as B-LAM said its good in a way cos it means ur an artist in ur own right... only problem with alternative artists is finding an avenue to showcase ur music, especially if its orientated around production...
true, but as long as he's not avoiding dubstep or dance related music as a means of expression (which it can be, dubstep is deep enough for loads of personal sound and expression) then chances are he'll end up makin music that's still accessible for listeners...

cure
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: vancouver - aufect hq
Contact:

Post by cure » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:59 pm

youre tunes are wicked man... but do what makes ya happy!!
www.aufect.com
Aufect Radio with CURE & BOMBAMAN on SUB FM - SUNDAYS 5-7 PM PST
http://soundcloud.com/aufect-recordings
http://soundcloud.com/dj_cure

misk
Posts: 5525
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:40 am
Location: East Coast Soon!
Contact:

Post by misk » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:09 pm

well i'll tell you right now, im going to refrain from calling what i do, "dubstep". im sick of placing limits on what something is not, by naming it. Im still making music though.

what B-LAM said is about where i'm at with this.

oh, and thanks cure :)

villem
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 pm

Post by villem » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Shonky wrote:
Villem wrote:
ozeb wrote:tired of all them bandwagon jumping producers?

:wink:

j/k
why does this bother people? if Boxcutter didnt jump on the bandwagon then he wouldent have made an impact as gib as he has, he was a drill n bass squarepusher-esque artist, then Mike P gave him a heads up about this new scene and suggested writing some beats around 140 (i'm quoting Gutterbreaks btw)
I think the wink denotes sarcasm. Might just have a twitch though of course
misunderstood the wink

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests