Kahn

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
jsml
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Kahn

Post by jsml » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:49 am

The Young Echo album has got some good stuff on it! And some weird stuff admittedly.

You guys must like Blood Sugar?

Vodun
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Kahn

Post by Vodun » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 am

My Child My Chain is a personal fave.

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by garethom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

jsml wrote:The Young Echo album has got some good stuff on it! And some weird stuff admittedly.

You guys must like Blood Sugar?
One of the best albums (loosely) associated with dubstep for years IMO. If you want something that sounds properly different, not just a different pad over the same bass synths or whatever, grab this album.

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: Kahn

Post by Muncey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Voices of the Water is nice. Umoja is pure dread.

User avatar
TooMuch
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Hud
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by TooMuch » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 am

im still finding tunes from this guy I didnt know existed.

:o :Q:


Just copped that Gorgon Sound - Find Jah Way too. Fiyahhhhh
Image

User avatar
PinUp
Posts: 3653
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 am
Location: Bedford/Luton/Milton Keynes

Re: Kahn

Post by PinUp » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Moultz wrote:im still finding tunes from this guy I didnt know existed.

:o :Q:


Just copped that Gorgon Sound - Find Jah Way too. Fiyahhhhh
The second drop on that remix is fucking sick!! It's a shame it never got a proper release really, I guess he re did it for find jah way though...
pkay wrote:I literally can and have mixed about 4 tracks of dubstep solely using my cock.

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by didi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

he gave it away didn't he tho. i suppose that doesn't count as a proper release.

and yh cosign about jah way. still i dont care tho the sound is sick.
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

Gambowl
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Kahn

Post by Gambowl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Moultz wrote:
Shame he didn't give it out as a .wav, quite suprise he didn't considering he's so PRO-dubplate culture. This is the only downside to being a vinyl DJ IMO. The inabillity to play out those fucking 320's :u:

User avatar
sureskank
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by sureskank » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 pm

dubunked wrote:what is the deal with gorgon sound? is that a group that kahn is in? or is that a different person?
Gorgon Sound (Kahn & Neek) - Steppahs, Dub, Dancehall, Bashment, Reggae Stuff
Kahn & Neek - Grime, Garage, Dubstep Stuff
Baba Yaga (Kahn) - Trip-Hop, Experimental Stuff
Kahn - All of the above & More
The Sureskank Convention - Est. 2006 - @sureskank
Image

TopManLurka
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 am

Re: Kahn

Post by TopManLurka » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:20 pm

neek - sideman

lohl

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by garethom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

ragh! monstar wrote:
dubunked wrote:what is the deal with gorgon sound? is that a group that kahn is in? or is that a different person?
Gorgon Sound (Kahn & Neek) - Steppahs, Dub, Dancehall, Bashment, Reggae Stuff
Kahn & Neek - Grime, Garage, Dubstep Stuff
Baba Yaga (Kahn) - Trip-Hop, Experimental Stuff
Kahn - All of the above & More
Thought Baba Yaga was Kahn & Vessel? Is it just Kahn?

User avatar
Johoosh
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Location: SE14

Re: Kahn

Post by Johoosh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Gambowl wrote:
Moultz wrote:
Shame he didn't give it out as a .wav, quite suprise he didn't considering he's so PRO-dubplate culture. This is the only downside to being a vinyl DJ IMO. The inabillity to play out those fucking 320's :u:
Im sure if you want a WAV with the intention of cutting to dubplate that much send him a polite-enough message & you might get one.
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

Gambowl
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Kahn

Post by Gambowl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I've always assumed he'd just mark the message as spam, since it's basically a no-mark asking for a tune ennit.

User avatar
Johoosh
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:06 pm
Location: SE14

Re: Kahn

Post by Johoosh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Gambowl wrote:I've always assumed he'd just mark the message as spam, since it's basically a no-mark asking for a tune ennit.
Nah if you worded it/presented it decently and he had time i dont see why not. Big up the dubplate side of it haha ;)

alternatively even better ask him at a night if you can. hes always been up for chatting when ive seen him play out
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by didi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Lol I've got loads of wavs like that. Just send em a message saying you want to cut some dubs.
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: Kahn

Post by Muncey » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Gambowl wrote:This is the only downside to being a vinyl ONLY DJ IMO. The inabillity to play out those fucking 320's :u:
Fixed.

I'm as much a lover of vinyl as the next addict but if I wanted to play a tune and it was only released digitally or given away as 320 I'd have no issue with playing a CD. In fact I want a CDJ as a 3rd deck.. it'd be a lot cheaper for me to do that rather than cut all the digital only/free downloads I wanna play.

Gambowl
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Kahn

Post by Gambowl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Alright, I'll send him a very polite message asking for a .wav then. Hopefully that gets me somewhere. :Q:

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by didi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Muncey wrote:
Gambowl wrote:This is the only downside to being a vinyl ONLY DJ IMO. The inabillity to play out those fucking 320's :u:
Fixed.

I'm as much a lover of vinyl as the next addict but if I wanted to play a tune and it was only released digitally or given away as 320 I'd have no issue with playing a CD. In fact I want a CDJ as a 3rd deck.. it'd be a lot cheaper for me to do that rather than cut all the digital only/free downloads I wanna play.
Much cheaper but much more babylon.
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

User avatar
ehbes
Posts: 19109
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by ehbes » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:39 am

ragh! monstar wrote:
dubunked wrote:what is the deal with gorgon sound? is that a group that kahn is in? or is that a different person?
Gorgon Sound (Kahn & Neek) - Steppahs, Dub, Dancehall, Bashment, Reggae Stuff
Kahn & Neek - Grime, Garage, Dubstep Stuff
Baba Yaga (Kahn) - Trip-Hop, Experimental Stuff
Kahn - All of the above & More
Is there anywhere to hear some of Neeks solo stuff
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

neka
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Kahn

Post by neka » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 am

Soundcloud
Tape-Echo live on Sub.FM every 1st and 3rd Friday 2-4pm GMT / Rewind Forward >>

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests