Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Elkie
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:43 pm
Location: Birmingham/Leicester
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by Elkie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:27 am

thats seriously weak, how do people expect vinyl to remain a valid format if the people who make a living from its production arent even paying enough attention to make sure they are pressing the right fucking tunes? idiots.

User avatar
kizza2435
Posts: 850
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:28 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by kizza2435 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 am

While this does indeed suck as I have been waiting to get a copy of this for AGES, im going to be alright cuz ive organised to buy a second hand copy from someone...i was intending to have two copies with my order from redeye, but ive swapped mine for a copy of Deadman by Shackleton...and ill STILL have cut end/flags!!
http://www.myspace.com/annodomini
http://www.annodomini.com.au

"If your tune sounds like a bunch of power tools at a Home Depot – that’s not bass, that’s not sub, therefore, it’s not dubstep!"

-Joe Nice

particle-jim
Posts: 10747
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico via South London
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by particle-jim » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:37 am

how long before the dodgy repress becomes a collectors item and is worth loads on discogs?
:6:
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

User avatar
prism
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 am

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by prism » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

not a good look...


im starting to invest in silver now

User avatar
Pistonsbeneath
Posts: 10785
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Croydon
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by Pistonsbeneath » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm

it pops up

if youre in croydon its worth asking dnr to keep an eye for one and then they might keep it for you and do it for an ok price

flags is better than cut end id say...love it
http://www.mixcloud.com/garethom/night-tracks-040-pistonsbeneath-guest-mix/

Soundcloud

BUY PISTONSBENEATH 24TH CENTURY EP CDS & DIGITAL

THREAD FOR MY GETDARKER SETS W/ YOUTUBE LINKS, ITUNES & DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS

SCA MIX

HEDMUK MIX

bookings - verity at subcultureartists.com

User avatar
vishes
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Holland.
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by vishes » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

I noticed that the plate is back in stock again on RedEye... does that mean they've the correct presses again?

UpsetSelektor
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by UpsetSelektor » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:27 pm

vishes wrote:I noticed that the plate is back in stock again on RedEye... does that mean they've the correct presses again?
Have a look at the NOTE after the title/track.

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/asp/view ... sp?id=9021

Think im gonna cop it anyways :?
http://www.mixcloud.com/marco-upset/bassology-guest-mix-1005013/

User avatar
vishes
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Holland.
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by vishes » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Oh geez, didn't notice that... tnx for the heads up

pandabear
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 am
Location: Normal Heights

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by pandabear » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:51 am

Thinking of bagging this too. I really love Cut End and I've been looking for a reasonable price but no luck.

User avatar
scattybeanhead
Posts: 2610
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: SW London

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by scattybeanhead » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 am

they're still trying to charge £6.49 for it? thats a bit of a pisstake... dude at my shop said i could have it for £4 so that'll do me!
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

andy static
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: Newcastle/Manchester

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by andy static » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm

anyone know if this is in the orange sleeve or not? my sleeve is a bit tatty was thinking about bagging one for the sleeve but no point if its just black

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by garethom » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Can you not get an orange sleeve from somewhere? Seems a bit of an expensive way to get a sleeve.

User avatar
scattybeanhead
Posts: 2610
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: SW London

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by scattybeanhead » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 pm

its in an orange sleeve mate
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

hendramarshall
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Allston, MA

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by hendramarshall » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:05 pm

garethom wrote:Can you not get an orange sleeve from somewhere? Seems a bit of an expensive way to get a sleeve.
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/se ... ack=CLPS10

seriously. these arent bad, use em for white labels and such... quite like them honestly, nice colors
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
Soundcloud
twitter: @lindaledj

User avatar
_cheef_
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Location: FARGO!

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by _cheef_ » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:14 pm

scattybeanhead wrote:they're still trying to charge £6.49 for it? thats a bit of a pisstake... dude at my shop said i could have it for £4 so that'll do me!
meh, to be fair, there's quite a few single sided pressings that go for the regular price of a 2 sided vinyl...still cool you got a discount on it though! :W:

User avatar
dj seizure
Posts: 1616
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am
Location: Buckinghamshire Massive
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by dj seizure » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:24 pm

The pressing plant should be named and shamed! This is truthfully horrible!

The pressing plant should repress this for sure.

grillis
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 am
Location: syd

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by grillis » Sun May 01, 2011 5:55 am

hendramarshall wrote:
garethom wrote:Can you not get an orange sleeve from somewhere? Seems a bit of an expensive way to get a sleeve.
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/se ... ack=CLPS10

seriously. these arent bad, use em for white labels and such... quite like them honestly, nice colors
-q- *looks at tattered black medi sleeves*

User avatar
vishes
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Holland.
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by vishes » Sun May 01, 2011 11:01 am

Just received an email from Redeye, and these are nog getting a repress unfortunately...

mala
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:21 am
Contact:

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by mala » Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

Ok... just to clairfy what happened here. I would of posted sooner but been away for some time and just got back literally.

While I was away.... 90 records of MEDi 005 Goth-Trad were found in 3 boxes in the warehouse.... Along with MEDi 008 Tunnidge... They were sent to our distributor and shipped out to stores... unknown to everyone that MEDi 005 had the same track on both sides.
So the issue isn't a new dodgy pressing... these records are actually 4 maybe 5 years years old.
I have asked for them all to be called back or to be sold at the lowest price... and apologies to anyone unhappy about the situation... Its not how I would have it.

If anyone has an issue in the future go direct to source and it'll get straightened asap. info@deepmedi.com. Nothing long. (for example: there were never talks of a repress for this release... so..... where certain people get there info from is a mystery to me).


Peace and Respect

Mala

grillis
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 am
Location: syd

Re: Goth-Trad - Cut End/Flags FAULTY Represses

Post by grillis » Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 pm

mala wrote:Ok... just to clairfy what happened here. I would of posted sooner but been away for some time and just got back literally.

While I was away.... 90 records of MEDi 005 Goth-Trad were found in 3 boxes in the warehouse.... Along with MEDi 008 Tunnidge... They were sent to our distributor and shipped out to stores... unknown to everyone that MEDi 005 had the same track on both sides.
So the issue isn't a new dodgy pressing... these records are actually 4 maybe 5 years years old.
I have asked for them all to be called back or to be sold at the lowest price... and apologies to anyone unhappy about the situation... Its not how I would have it.

If anyone has an issue in the future go direct to source and it'll get straightened asap. info@deepmedi.com. Nothing long. (for example: there were never talks of a repress for this release... so..... where certain people get there info from is a mystery to me).


Peace and Respect

Mala
Love hearing stories like this.. how do boxes of vinyl just get lost like this :lol: ? I'd say most people assumed it was a repress after they were back in stock (even listed on the ST Holdings release sheet where previous medi represses have been listed) .. anything before that would've been pure speculation or suggestion

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests