Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Glade Festival Dubstep line up so far....

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby adam_misst » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 am

Bare mud but had a good time...

terrential rain for 14hours made the site well deep with mud, and the quick storm later on in the next day destroyed my tent so had to head home :(

walked through (no joke) knee deep mud for about 5 mins to get out of the pedestrian exit on saturday night...

the car park was so deep in mud, it didn't look like any cars were getting out, i hope people make it out okay...

not happy about having to leave but had a wicked time on the thursday and friday night! vibes were good though despite the weather!
adam_misst

Postby phletch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:28 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by phletch on Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
phletch

Postby phletch » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:22 am

OK so were all gonna post here , yeh (here's me starting a new thread ...doh!)

awesome weekend ......
after the pure chaos to get onsite and mud fest all weekend
(my partner in crime JON had to wade through knee high floods barefoot to get in on friday.......) :0 TRUE DUBSTEP SOLDIER - - BIG UP!

to hear pinch open up the overkill tent in these circumstances on sat to a packed tent . . deep as fuck and went down a bloody storm . . funktion 1 system was fat.

mary anne smashed it too . . . good to see a dj's bouncing about to the tunes they play . . missed bass clef......

coki showed why hes one of the hottest producers out there with a killer killer set on his own stuff.......serious sub pressure where i was front stage left.....from bass wobblers to serious deep beats and reggae vocals it was superb selection.again rammed!

loefah....no show :(

mala headlined the breakbeat stage hosted by tayo...deep dmz heavy selection plus a few new un's........

great festival......other highlights for me.....
staying dry
top chap local resident giving me lift through the floods to the site on the back of his landrover

someone moving and re pitching my tent after i pitched in the wrong place on thurs . . and left to go home as i had to work fri am.....

derrick may,
beardyman beatboxing with sampler ..awesome.
mid afternoons in sancho panza dj's johnny rock and eren...wicked deep house....
freaks live and walking past the outdoor psy trance stage this morning to hear deep minimal techno from tejada and loco dice blasting out . . LUSH
phletch

Postby rob_booth » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:28 am

great pictures/visuals and review phletch
rob_booth

HOUNDSTOOTH | Electronic Explorations | A&R

Postby the wiggle baron » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:40 am

Hooooly jesus that was interesting. Subtly different to the other glades...

I really cant summon the energy to commit here, suffice to say pinch was absoloutely phenomenal, mah smacked it (and she can mix now! :D ) pity about bass clef though, was well keen for a bit...(pity about monkeysteak 'n' all) Coki was firing. That man hasnt half made some bigguns ey...

Dunno what happened to loefah. Mala and coki seemed just as in the dark about where he got to as we did. Pity though, I was very much in the mood.

And mala...fucking hell. Absoloutely ridiculous set. Was finally good to hear dubstep on the (slightly bigger) breaksday system, and that combined with a truly enormous set from mala (just tune after tune after tune...) was a well good end to it all.

Non-dubstep wise it went off n all. Bang face was SO banging. Never knew who was on, but there was plenty of jungle that was just absoloutely going off. And the DJ producer at the end was fairly :D :D :D

At the breaksday I caught a few big sets. JMekka, Baobinga & ID, the plump DJ's. Was niiiiiice! Baobinga opening with witness didn't half shake the place up a bit (not a patch on mala dropping it at dmz though...)

Didnt see all that much of hawtin due to bangface, but Magda was well good. As was what I saw of Derrick May (I was dieing that night though, crashed out at like 3)

Anyway, too much to remember here. Good to meet badgatek and Decibella (hope your birthday kept on going into the sunday night :P ) if only briefly. Oh, I think i spotted you at pinch pk, but then find my way dropped or something...and...y'know :P

Anyhoo, im going back to bed. Big!
Saturday nights 7-9pm GMT - Wiggle Baron @ SubFM!

Radio archive: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=60164.html
Mixes: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=63354
Electronic Explorations 035
Deeper Mix
Bad Mood Dub
2hr Classics Selection
the wiggle baron

Postby hanuman » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:41 am

Checking my emails on a muddy laptop from a clean dry bed. Lush!

We got to play at on Friday! Props to the Overkill boys and gals for getting that tent open and mad props to the ravers skanking down the front for our set.

My housemate took about 900 photos of the event so will post the best ones asap.

Highlights: Beardyman, KJ Sawka, Iration Steppas, Mala and Squarepusher!
hanuman

Postby compound one » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:51 am

Jesus... i know my brother went so i'll find out a bit from him.
INFO: compoundone@googlemail.com
WEB: http://www.myspace.com/compoundoneuk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Compound-One/27694623115

*Out Now!!!*
006 Compound One - Perhaps The Darkness / Bad Magic

*Out Next*
007 Compound One - Get Loose Remixes - Landslide / Fracture & Qualifide
compound one

Postby thump rat » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:51 pm

That were Messy in every sense of the word!

Got there Thursday when it was nice and sunny, but waking up friday was quite possibly the most depressed i have ever been, no wellies and no waterproofs, but once i got some wellys i was good to go.

Caught the last 6-7 tunes of pinch, then stayed for MAH who played a good set in a quiet tent but with good vibes, felt a bit weird raving in the day tho. Buggered off halfway through thanks to boomkat and komanazmuk, what happened the rest of the night remains a mystery to me :lol: :( :o

Due to over excessive substance abuse i wasn't feeling too good on sunday, only to be woken up by a messy Tim exile pestering me for nitrous oxide and talking utter shite! Somehow managed to trapse it over to see coki, whose mixing was off, but delivered his trademark tunes and had the place rocking. The system although was still quiet was sounding nice. Loefah didn't show up, which was almost a relief as i was worst for ware at that time, tbh i don't think i could imagine Loefah in wellies! apparently he was hungover which seems a bit of a shit reason tbh!

Caught Mala who played a slick set with tight mixing and had the place packed and rocking by the end of his set, but the sound once again was weightless! Got turned up half way through thanks to my mate shouting abuse to the soundman.

Also there was a sick, dubsteppy set from someone in the liquid tent on friday (which was a pleasant suprise as its prodominantly psy trance :evil: but had the best conditions and was the loudest tent).

Overall, great time, despite the weather, but next year i hope they up the soundsystem as it seriously let the place down.
thump rat

Postby dick jones » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:18 pm

the systems were very wack, it has too be said. and as i wasn't chewing my lips off like a speng this really irritetaed me. Pinch was sick and MAH was worth seeing just to hear mud getting played. Coki was a bit of a let down, bad boy tunes but mixing was a bit brok and this system was the worst at that point. stiil managed to rave it up and have a good time though. saw some mental gabba in overkill on sat night, wasn't sure who it was but it twisted my melon! Squarepusher was dope as ever! the highlight for me was standing around waiting for pill munchin mugs to dropp in the mud filled pot holes. bare joke, even a copper fell in!

:lol:
i'm cashing you out!
dick jones

Postby docdoom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Did Assault play? I thought all Overkill was off on friday and took to many contraband substances to realize it was back on...Be gutted to have missed him!!
docdoom

Postby computer rock » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:34 pm

so much mud....

quick rundown of things...

the sound at overkill was a bit of a letdown. might have been due to the equipment getting fucked up but they still turned it way way down after midnight, gotta respect the neighbours and all that but midnight is usually when things are just getting started. maybe they need to find a new site

highlights:

fucking beardyman. wasn't expecting that at all. what a sick tnuc.
congo natty on friday night (or was it saturday i can't remember)
clark with the live drumming was fucking heavy
mala closing the breaksday tent, just a shame it was the same time as squarepusher
also big up coki for rocking the plastic bag on feet styles

overall a jolly good time i think
computer rock

Postby boney » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Big Up Pinch - Soldier

Big up the bods I met while helping to bail out the Overkill Stage so that Pinch could come on.

Gutted Bass Clef didn't play.

Venetian Snares was the bollox.

I've been to all the previous ones but I've never witnessed the most fiendish bods at that festival mixed with mud before. Some Absolute Shockers :o ... Big up all the mud eating beasts. They're probably still there! :D
boney

Postby jimmer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:43 pm

large up to pinch and monkey steak both for heavy sets

and oth the DMZ boys... where the fuck was loefah??

loved the mud! and loved havin a skank with mala right at the front of coki's set! bass/sound was not enough in overkill but nice one for gettin it open again :D
Bristol Steppa!
jimmer

Postby bob crunkhouse » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:08 pm

yeh what did happen with Loefah?

hope that guy wasnt right, and that he was just hung over!

pissed off that you dont even get an explanation or anything, just someone else playing stupid Gypsy techno for an hour.
Square Roots

Plastician, Tempa T, Joy Orbison @ Audio, Brighton - September 4th

The Field (Live) + Support @ Audio, Brighton - November 11th

DMZ in Brighton - Mala/Loefah/Pokes @ Audio, Brighton - November 13th
bob crunkhouse

Postby badger » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:09 pm

boney wrote:Gutted Bass Clef didn't play.

yeah me too, was well annoyed.
overkill wasnt as good as it could have been but at least it reoponed. almost died when i finally got to glade on friday after a 8 hour drive in horrible weather then having to wade down a road in waist deep water for half an hour only to find out overkill was closed!
excellent weekend anyway, was lovely when the sun came out on sunday
badger
Admin

Postby rekordah » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm

Bob Crunkhouse wrote:someone else playing stupid Gypsy techno for an hour.

:lol:

Punksi.....
19th October - Jahtari Presents Tapes EP Launch Party @ Gramaphone, London w/ Tapes, Clause Four & International Observer.
23rd October - Galway, Ireland.
31st October - UFO @ Dojo, Bristol w/ Dema.

http://www.myspace.com/rekorder87
rekordah

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Previous

Return to General Discussion