Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Love Skrillex? Check this out!

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby MrAural » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 am

Pesticle90 wrote:
scattybeanhead wrote:orrr we could just have a banger with deep subs?
perhaps?


/yetanotherpointlessdiscussionaboutthesametopic


Image

TUNNAAAAAAAH!! :Q:


Image
The wisdom within my afro is infinite.
particle-jim wrote:why on earth was there bits of red tinfoil in my poo?

coulda sworn I unwrapped that creme egg :corntard:
User avatar
MrAural
 
Posts:
1353
Joined:
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm
Location:
Inglund

Postby ultraspatial » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:55 pm

deep subs? naah man, it's all about the bass cannon
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby brasco » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:21 pm

ultraspatial wrote:deep subs? naah man, it's all about the bass cannon


It sure is :6:
http://soundcloud.com/brasco/brasco-subsessions-v01

incnic wrote:pictire disc ones track harder than the black ones due to the colopured pgment being magnetsed for the stylus
User avatar
brasco
 
Posts:
3092
Joined:
Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 pm
Location:
Sussex

Postby blinx420 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep

i've recently come to realize dj's i highly respected for their dirty dubstep tracks now turning out tunes that sound like skrillex it's really sad to see them sell out and that's why i hate that skrillfag
User avatar
blinx420
 
Posts:
295
Joined:
Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Postby ultraspatial » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 pm

blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby cmgoodman1226 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:19 am

ultraspatial wrote:
blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...


Or maybe, just maybe, these big name acts that are playing his tunes actually like him. Just a thought. What's the point of trying to start some faction; why not just listen to what you like and be on with it. I understand your dislike for skrillex (I don't like most of his tunes), but I feel no sense of outrage. If I don't feel like listening to him, I don't. For me it's as simple as changing the song or choosing a party that I know is gunna play some deep stuff. Why does it have to be some whole big thing about scene ruining. I love hip hop but I LOATHE all the synthed out stuff that plays on the radio. Do I bitch and moan about how it's ruining hip hop? No, because it's NOT. There will always be producers out there making the kind of hip hop I like. I choose to go to shows with acts that I like, don't listen to the radio, and when I buy tunes, I stay away from the ones I don't like; Literally easy as that...
cmgoodman1226
 
Posts:
1233
Joined:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am
Location:
Washington D.C.

Postby mIrReN » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 am

why be mad? Get ur weetabixxx skank on!
"If your chest ain't rattlin it ain't happenin'" - DJ Pinch
"Move pples bodies and stimulate their minds"
we just ride the wave
Life sucks; Get used² it.

big up your mum
User avatar
mIrReN
 
Posts:
5611
Joined:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
Location:
Belgium, Bruges

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 am

cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...


Or maybe, just maybe, these big name acts that are playing his tunes actually like him. Just a thought. What's the point of trying to start some faction; why not just listen to what you like and be on with it. I understand your dislike for skrillex (I don't like most of his tunes), but I feel no sense of outrage. If I don't feel like listening to him, I don't. For me it's as simple as changing the song or choosing a party that I know is gunna play some deep stuff. Why does it have to be some whole big thing about scene ruining. I love hip hop but I LOATHE all the synthed out stuff that plays on the radio. Do I bitch and moan about how it's ruining hip hop? No, because it's NOT. There will always be producers out there making the kind of hip hop I like. I choose to go to shows with acts that I like, don't listen to the radio, and when I buy tunes, I stay away from the ones I don't like; Literally easy as that...


I'm not outraged. I don't think anybody is outraged. Just don't call that shit dubstep and we'd all be fine :)
I'm displeased with the fact that these people or the labels they're on are marketing shit as dubstep. And it is ruining scenes, especially in places with no real big scenes, because you can't throw a rave without meatheads showing up.
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby mikey-bizzle-09 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 am

cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...


Or maybe, just maybe, these big name acts that are playing his tunes actually like him. Just a thought. What's the point of trying to start some faction; why not just listen to what you like and be on with it. I understand your dislike for skrillex (I don't like most of his tunes), but I feel no sense of outrage. If I don't feel like listening to him, I don't. For me it's as simple as changing the song or choosing a party that I know is gunna play some deep stuff. Why does it have to be some whole big thing about scene ruining. I love hip hop but I LOATHE all the synthed out stuff that plays on the radio. Do I bitch and moan about how it's ruining hip hop? No, because it's NOT. There will always be producers out there making the kind of hip hop I like. I choose to go to shows with acts that I like, don't listen to the radio, and when I buy tunes, I stay away from the ones I don't like; Literally easy as that...



I agree with this!

People spend far too much time worrying and moaning about what other people listen to these days! People who moan about different types of dubstep ruining the scene are the ones who are ruining the scene imo!!! I mean i find Burials music so boring its unture but i never go into a thread or something just to have a moan about it, i stay away from things i don't like!! Also i think some people need to realize there is more to dubstep than deep and just because you listen to deep doesn't make you 'cool' or more into dubstep!
mikey-bizzle-09
 
Posts:
182
Joined:
Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:03 pm
Location:
Home of Dubstep aka The UK!!

Postby MasterA » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm

I mean i find Burials music so boring its unture

intentional?
User avatar
MasterA
 
Posts:
733
Joined:
Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 pm

mikey-bizzle-09 wrote:I agree with this!

People spend far too much time worrying and moaning about what other people listen to these days! People who moan about different types of dubstep ruining the scene are the ones who are ruining the scene imo!!! I mean i find Burials music so boring its unture but i never go into a thread or something just to have a moan about it, i stay away from things i don't like!! Also i think some people need to realize there is more to dubstep than deep and just because you listen to deep doesn't make you 'cool' or more into dubstep!


how is listening to and pushing actual dubstep ruining the dubstep scene? :?
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby cmgoodman1226 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:34 pm

ultraspatial wrote:
cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...


Or maybe, just maybe, these big name acts that are playing his tunes actually like him. Just a thought. What's the point of trying to start some faction; why not just listen to what you like and be on with it. I understand your dislike for skrillex (I don't like most of his tunes), but I feel no sense of outrage. If I don't feel like listening to him, I don't. For me it's as simple as changing the song or choosing a party that I know is gunna play some deep stuff. Why does it have to be some whole big thing about scene ruining. I love hip hop but I LOATHE all the synthed out stuff that plays on the radio. Do I bitch and moan about how it's ruining hip hop? No, because it's NOT. There will always be producers out there making the kind of hip hop I like. I choose to go to shows with acts that I like, don't listen to the radio, and when I buy tunes, I stay away from the ones I don't like; Literally easy as that...


I'm not outraged. I don't think anybody is outraged. Just don't call that shit dubstep and we'd all be fine :)
I'm displeased with the fact that these people or the labels they're on are marketing shit as dubstep. And it is ruining scenes, especially in places with no real big scenes, because you can't throw a rave without meatheads showing up.


There's just about as much "shit" in the deep dubstep world as there is in the midrange crack world (ok, maybe not just as much, but there's certainly a lot of it). Real question here, personal taste aside, (i understand the dislike of the overused yoi and modern talking-> but there's equally as many sounds overused in deep dubstep too by the way), what is your problem with people like nero and skream and benga (magnetic man) and skrillex? these people have plenty of talent. And just because they're not pushing the exact sound that you want doesn't mean their shit...
cmgoodman1226
 
Posts:
1233
Joined:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am
Location:
Washington D.C.

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:56 pm

cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
blinx420 wrote:Who cares what other people like stop trying convince them otherwise.. The only problem I have with skrillsux is his ruining the dubstep scene with how big his gotten now you got top dj's using his weird gay music to appease this new age hipster wannabe dubstep crowd his created it's a slap in the face to the real dubstep community I understand their just trying cash in on his fame but wtf before we know it that's gonna become the face of dubstep


ummm I hate to say it, but that is the face of dubstep now. The vast majority of people out there most likely only know of shit like skrillex, flux, doctor p, datsik, rusko, nero & magnetic man...


Or maybe, just maybe, these big name acts that are playing his tunes actually like him. Just a thought. What's the point of trying to start some faction; why not just listen to what you like and be on with it. I understand your dislike for skrillex (I don't like most of his tunes), but I feel no sense of outrage. If I don't feel like listening to him, I don't. For me it's as simple as changing the song or choosing a party that I know is gunna play some deep stuff. Why does it have to be some whole big thing about scene ruining. I love hip hop but I LOATHE all the synthed out stuff that plays on the radio. Do I bitch and moan about how it's ruining hip hop? No, because it's NOT. There will always be producers out there making the kind of hip hop I like. I choose to go to shows with acts that I like, don't listen to the radio, and when I buy tunes, I stay away from the ones I don't like; Literally easy as that...


I'm not outraged. I don't think anybody is outraged. Just don't call that shit dubstep and we'd all be fine :)
I'm displeased with the fact that these people or the labels they're on are marketing shit as dubstep. And it is ruining scenes, especially in places with no real big scenes, because you can't throw a rave without meatheads showing up.


There's just about as much "shit" in the deep dubstep world as there is in the midrange crack world (ok, maybe not just as much, but there's certainly a lot of it). Real question here, personal taste aside, (i understand the dislike of the overused yoi and modern talking-> but there's equally as many sounds overused in deep dubstep too by the way), what is your problem with people like nero and skream and benga (magnetic man) and skrillex? these people have plenty of talent. And just because they're not pushing the exact sound that you want doesn't mean their shit...


Didn't necessarily mean shit as in bad (for magnetic man and nero, at least) but whatever... It's annoying that people don't really know anything else. And don't bring that "people will like what they like" argument, because most of the time it's not true. They don't know anything else to compare it to. Just look at all the people outside the scene bashing dubstep, they're all complaining about those artists. Nobody digs deeper into anything, so when skrillex or flux or whomever are presented as dubstep, noone questions that.
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby cmgoodman1226 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Didn't necessarily mean shit as in bad (for magnetic man and nero, at least) but whatever... It's annoying that people don't really know anything else. And don't bring that "people will like what they like" argument, because most of the time it's not true. They don't know anything else to compare it to. Just look at all the people outside the scene bashing dubstep, they're all complaining about those artists. Nobody digs deeper into anything, so when skrillex or flux or whomever are presented as dubstep, noone questions that.


But that happens in every scene. There will be people who won't ever hear of blu and exile because they listen to wocka flocka. There will be people who won't ever hear the delfonics because they listen to chris brown. And if people really want to dig deeper than flux and skrillex and the like in dubstep, it's easier now with youtube than it ever was to discover new and different artists. Yeah it's true that these guys have blown up, but the deeper people aren't "that" hidden in obscurity, after all I started off on "brostep" and pretty quickly discovered the deeper stuff after a few random youtube searches. I'm not going to argue semantics about what exactly dubstep is or isn't but these guys are pushing a sound that regardless to personal taste, takes a lot of talent to produce, and gets plenty of people on the dance floor moving and having a good time. I don't hate on either side because A, there's plenty of crap artists on both sides, and B, imo, there's room for both sides. And if your endgame here is to broaden people's horizons, I can assure you calling what other people like "shit" will not accomplish that, but will only make them close their minds off to what you have to say.
cmgoodman1226
 
Posts:
1233
Joined:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am
Location:
Washington D.C.

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:13 pm

I agree with you that shit like this happens in any scene, but one can label things differently. For instance, skrillex' or doctor p's stuff doesn't sound anything like dubstep, so why label it as dubstep? That's my problem, the marketing side of it.
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby cmgoodman1226 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 pm

ultraspatial wrote:I agree with you that shit like this happens in any scene, but one can label things differently. For instance, skrillex' or doctor p's stuff doesn't sound anything like dubstep, so why label it as dubstep? That's my problem, the marketing side of it.


I get that, but why does it always have to be so "us vs. them" all the time?
cmgoodman1226
 
Posts:
1233
Joined:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am
Location:
Washington D.C.

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:24 pm

cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:I agree with you that shit like this happens in any scene, but one can label things differently. For instance, skrillex' or doctor p's stuff doesn't sound anything like dubstep, so why label it as dubstep? That's my problem, the marketing side of it.


I get that, but why does it always have to be so "us vs. them" all the time?


Because nobody likes it?
Can't answer that for anybody else, but I personally don't like being associated with things I don't like. Nor do I enjoy the brostep crowd at raves. (and no, I don't go to brostep raves)
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby cmgoodman1226 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:37 pm

ultraspatial wrote:
cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:I agree with you that shit like this happens in any scene, but one can label things differently. For instance, skrillex' or doctor p's stuff doesn't sound anything like dubstep, so why label it as dubstep? That's my problem, the marketing side of it.


I get that, but why does it always have to be so "us vs. them" all the time?


Because nobody likes it?
Can't answer that for anybody else, but I personally don't like being associated with things I don't like. Nor do I enjoy the brostep crowd at raves. (and no, I don't go to brostep raves)


Who exactly is the "nobody" in your argument. Because it's the brostep shows I've seen selling out, not the deep dubstep. I'm not arguing popularity means talent, because it doesn't, but "nobody likes it". I think we both no that's not true. And that's good; throw another sweeping generalization out there. I like to go to shows, listen to music, and dance. At no point in time does this ever involve moshing or glowsticks or pushing or multicolored jumpsuits or taking all sorts of drugs or any of that. I like the music. Does this make me the brostep crowd?
cmgoodman1226
 
Posts:
1233
Joined:
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am
Location:
Washington D.C.

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:45 pm

cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:
cmgoodman1226 wrote:
ultraspatial wrote:I agree with you that shit like this happens in any scene, but one can label things differently. For instance, skrillex' or doctor p's stuff doesn't sound anything like dubstep, so why label it as dubstep? That's my problem, the marketing side of it.


I get that, but why does it always have to be so "us vs. them" all the time?


Because nobody likes it?
Can't answer that for anybody else, but I personally don't like being associated with things I don't like. Nor do I enjoy the brostep crowd at raves. (and no, I don't go to brostep raves)


Who exactly is the "nobody" in your argument. Because it's the brostep shows I've seen selling out, not the deep dubstep. I'm not arguing popularity means talent, because it doesn't, but "nobody likes it". I think we both no that's not true. And that's good; throw another sweeping generalization out there. I like to go to shows, listen to music, and dance. At no point in time does this ever involve moshing or glowsticks or pushing or multicolored jumpsuits or taking all sorts of drugs or any of that. I like the music. Does this make me the brostep crowd?


By nobody I meant he people on this forum for instance, who bash brostep, because you stated that it's an "us vs them" thing, that meaning more people. I saw people moshing to The Bug mate, dunno what shows you've been going to.
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

Postby ultraspatial » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:46 pm

And yes, liking brostep makes you a fan, just sayin
User avatar
ultraspatial
 
Posts:
7818
Joined:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Location:
Bromania

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion