The End, London

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
tee2006

The End, London

Post by tee2006 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:39 am

Anyone been to this venue?

Just wondering what the size, security and sound is like?

Safe.

delendi

Post by delendi » Sun May 27, 2007 8:25 am

i think most of the londoners on here went to the fwd there. the security refused to believe i was on guestlist without even checking my name, but they managed to keep some members of roll deep outside, much to their annoyance, so they're pretty rigid i guess, but were friendly enough once inside.
it's split into 3 separate bits, u know how fabric would be huge if it wasn't split into stupid little rooms? there's a mezzanine kinda bit, then down a few steps to a nice little bassy box, or the other way to a bar equipped room. i thought the sound was pretty good.

Tinnitus is like AIDS...
Diss04 wrote:thats quite gay.

although earlier i was sipping diet lilt and listening to barry manilow in the conservatory :wink:

paulie

Post by paulie » Sun May 27, 2007 9:19 am

Arugably the best venue in London.

ekstrak

Post by ekstrak » Sun May 27, 2007 9:43 am

havent been for about 5 years.. pretty much since i stopped going out to jungle nights.

Somthing to look forward to: They have one of the best sound systems you're ever likely to whitness. Really.. its incredible.

spaceboy

Post by spaceboy » Sun May 27, 2007 9:53 am

remember when it first opened - the advent played there...

subsequently used to go to playaz, and no virus nights - dont really head there anymore - was THE place to go in the 90's...
The World is YOURZ

messsingh

Post by messsingh » Sun May 27, 2007 11:03 am

Pretty good sound system and very clear!

I haven't been for a while apart from Swerve which is now a load of rubbish.

I have never had a problems with the secruity but I know a few people have! Saying that I have been heading there for years so they probably know my face.

Its worth checking out and they have good house / techno nights.

Jazz

entheogen

Post by entheogen » Sun May 27, 2007 11:09 am

The End is ok but for me not one of the best in London. The sound system is good but its not really valid saying it is the best in London.

For me, the ceiling feels to low, it gets really hot and cramped and the staff aren't particularly nice or anything. But it does generic 'underground' dance nights fairly well.

cody

Post by cody » Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 am

not a fan.

sound system is good but as with most 'cool' venues these days door and drinks prices are over the top

they also pump loads or dry ice/smoke into the the room with the main djs which makes it horribly sweaty and cramped feeling.

delendi

Post by delendi » Sun May 27, 2007 11:39 am

oh yeh and the strobe lights kept making me nearly fall over (i'm a bit spazzy)

Tinnitus is like AIDS...

although earlier i was sipping diet lilt and listening to barry manilow in the conservatory :wink:

logos

Post by logos » Sun May 27, 2007 12:31 pm

Hardware nights here in the late 90s were the bomb.

Its ok, system is good but doesn't have that sub low, or at least the engineers can't seem to set it up for bass-heavy music. Its a good place to hear house/minimal.

Decent place tho!

tee2006

Post by tee2006 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:28 pm

I'm a Grime/Dubstep head but going there tonight for Circo Loco, some house Ibiza party or some shit... Wish me luck...

What I'm really getting at is, would say... Kate Moss have any trouble doing what she does there ;-)

delendi

Post by delendi » Sun May 27, 2007 1:47 pm

oh. it's pretty dark. i'm sure you'll find a corner. can't remember what the toilets are like. and i don't remember being searched at all. i'm a girl tho, i rarely get searched by clubs.

Tinnitus is like AIDS...

messsingh

Post by messsingh » Sun May 27, 2007 3:27 pm

[quote="Tee2006"]I'm a Grime/Dubstep head but going there tonight for Circo Loco, some house Ibiza party or some shit... Wish me luck...

What I'm really getting at is, would say... Kate Moss have any trouble doing what she does there ;-)[/quote]

Well the toilet will have an attendant and if they catch you they will throw you out.

They are sometimes really tought on weed smokers but you can get away with it if you are half smart.

Jazz

crazydave

Post by crazydave » Mon May 28, 2007 2:58 pm

Delendi wrote:i think most of the londoners on here went to the fwd there. the security refused to believe i was on guestlist without even checking my name, but they managed to keep some members of roll deep outside, much to their annoyance, so they're pretty rigid i guess, but were friendly enough once inside.
jokes Dan... I got in ok. :lol:

Sound was good enough, but one thing I did like about The End was having the main DJ booth in the middle of the floor - makes them more part of the action.

frodo

Post by frodo » Mon May 28, 2007 4:10 pm

My favourite venue by far.

delendi

Post by delendi » Mon May 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Crazydave wrote:
Delendi wrote:i think most of the londoners on here went to the fwd there. the security refused to believe i was on guestlist without even checking my name, but they managed to keep some members of roll deep outside, much to their annoyance, so they're pretty rigid i guess, but were friendly enough once inside.
jokes Dan... I got in ok. :lol:

Sound was good enough, but one thing I did like about The End was having the main DJ booth in the middle of the floor - makes them more part of the action.
Dan? everyone who was on the same list as me, put on by the same person got in. the bitch refused to even check for me tho.

Tinnitus is like AIDS...

obiwan

Post by obiwan » Mon May 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Paulie wrote:Arugably the best venue in London.
Arguably not!
2 New Tunes Up On The Top Myspace Address!!!

> http://www.myspace.com/dubfarma <
http://www.myspace.com/bigbenlondon

dandy

Post by dandy » Mon May 28, 2007 6:26 pm

the security are wankers! :evil:
but ive had some wikid nights there, good when they open it up with AKA. big enough to allow me to go for a stroll mid rave :D

incyde

Post by incyde » Mon May 28, 2007 6:32 pm

Never been but people I've talked to said it was a good time. been meaning to check it out myself though..
Dub War Podcast 11
Hotflush Podcast 01
Blog
Myspace
Live every other Weds 7-9pm EST on Sub.FM

tee2006

Post by tee2006 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:44 pm

Security was fine last night. Really nice venue. Quite spacious. Nice that you can sit on the long entrance stairs for air too. Lots of cubicles maintained and two nice main rooms.

Sound system was heavy. One room has a wall of speakers and it's fucking loud, yet somehow it doesn't hurt your ears at all (eg. plastic people) and you can hold a conversation in front of them.

Plenty of seats for when you go OTT plus podiums to jump on and body pop to 'old skool electro house breaks' or so some nutter described it...

Would never really buy House music but last nite was sick. Maybe cuz I was off my bin. Seems a greater variety in it.