EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
User avatar
jam1
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: STROUD - UK

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by jam1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Got mine today... :D

User avatar
smokeybeenz
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by smokeybeenz » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

jam1 wrote:Got mine today... :D
how does it sound?
http://www.mixcloud.com/LFSRadio/lfs-radio/
"but where is it written that all our dreams must be small ones"
Benjyc & Retina on chatrooms
AIM:retinaproductions

Snaps
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Middlelands

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by Snaps » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 pm


User avatar
baddis98
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by baddis98 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 pm

how long you wanna keep wetting your pants over ppl selling this for stupid prices on discogs/ebay? i mean you dont have to buy it. and if somebody is foolish enough to order it for that amount, who cares. there are obviously multiple shops still having it in stock, so stop bitching!

jsml
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by jsml » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:48 pm

baddis98 wrote:how long you wanna keep wetting your pants over ppl selling this for stupid prices on discogs/ebay? i mean you dont have to buy it. and if somebody is foolish enough to order it for that amount, who cares. there are obviously multiple shops still having it in stock, so stop bitching!
Because it isn't gonna be in stock for long (its clearly quite limited) and there will be people that dont realise this has been released til maybe next week (lets imagine they've been on holiday for a week or something). Now this person could be a huge Mala fan that absolutely loves this tune but now they wont be able to get one because of wankers like this that have bought 2 copies so they can sell one at a ridiculous price. But, as you say, you'd have to be stupid to pay that for it so it'll just sit for sale on discogs forever, never getting played, when it could have gone to that head that missed it by a couple of days who would play it all the time because he loves the tune.

That's the problem.

Snaps
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Middlelands

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by Snaps » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 pm

baddis98 wrote:how long you wanna keep wetting your pants over ppl selling this for stupid prices on discogs/ebay? i mean you dont have to buy it. and if somebody is foolish enough to order it for that amount, who cares. there are obviously multiple shops still having it in stock, so stop bitching!
:lol:

User avatar
Cornbreadddd
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by Cornbreadddd » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 pm

jsml wrote:
baddis98 wrote:how long you wanna keep wetting your pants over ppl selling this for stupid prices on discogs/ebay? i mean you dont have to buy it. and if somebody is foolish enough to order it for that amount, who cares. there are obviously multiple shops still having it in stock, so stop bitching!
Because it isn't gonna be in stock for long (its clearly quite limited) and there will be people that dont realise this has been released til maybe next week (lets imagine they've been on holiday for a week or something). Now this person could be a huge Mala fan that absolutely loves this tune but now they wont be able to get one because of wankers like this that have bought 2 copies so they can sell one at a ridiculous price. But, as you say, you'd have to be stupid to pay that for it so it'll just sit for sale on discogs forever, never getting played, when it could have gone to that head that missed it by a couple of days who would play it all the time because he loves the tune.

That's the problem.
good point.

User avatar
prisoner
Posts: 1905
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: MPLS

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by prisoner » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

maybe if people didn't get so fucking hype and have to post about it everywhere there wouldn't be such a crazy rush for people to buy them up right away.

when i see that something that's limited is in stock i dont go telling all my friends, because i wanna buy it and dont want someone else to get it.

so maybe stfu next time?

:4:

User avatar
TooMuch
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Hud
Contact:

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by TooMuch » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Cornbreadddd wrote:
jsml wrote:
baddis98 wrote:how long you wanna keep wetting your pants over ppl selling this for stupid prices on discogs/ebay? i mean you dont have to buy it. and if somebody is foolish enough to order it for that amount, who cares. there are obviously multiple shops still having it in stock, so stop bitching!
Because it isn't gonna be in stock for long (its clearly quite limited) and there will be people that dont realise this has been released til maybe next week (lets imagine they've been on holiday for a week or something). Now this person could be a huge Mala fan that absolutely loves this tune but now they wont be able to get one because of wankers like this that have bought 2 copies so they can sell one at a ridiculous price. But, as you say, you'd have to be stupid to pay that for it so it'll just sit for sale on discogs forever, never getting played, when it could have gone to that head that missed it by a couple of days who would play it all the time because he loves the tune.

That's the problem.
good point.
In all fairness its fucking horrible that people put items on ebay/discogs for way more than they paid for but at the same time they have the right to. Like Baddis mentioned if people are that desperate for it they will pay. I've recently paid probably over-the-odds for a couple of dmz plates but im fucking well happy I have them. Yes the person who is willing to shell out £90 for a tune will be a bit miffed that they missed the opportunity to buy for what £8? People know they can get a silly price and so they sell. Ideally that is what every business in the world wants to achieve. A profit. The greatest businessmen and women are probably soul-less and thats what these 'pricks' flogging new tracks for silly prices are too.

All about demand for the item. Same with tickets to gigs. Different genre completely but i got hold of Stone Roses tickets in Manchester for the summer. They were going for around £600 the day after because people just want. Different ends of the scale but you get the idea.
Image

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by garethom » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 pm


User avatar
skitz_0
Posts: 1251
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: allston, ma

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by skitz_0 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 pm

I'd like to publicly say that the customer service at Surus is top notch!

There was a bit of a mixup with my PayPal when I ordered my copy Friday morning. When I emailed them Sunday, their rep. told me that they had sold out of their initial stock. Still, he was super helpful and said he'd try to grab me one of the cancelled/backlogged ones. Yesterday, he gets back to me, sorted the PayPal issue, and got me found me a copy and I just got delivery confirmation this morning :h:

Everything went better than expected.
charliefoy wrote: NO MIDS FOR THE KIDS
daninallston.tumblr.com
new!!- BeantownBoogiedown Podcast 48
Soundcloud

User avatar
Jake Daniel
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by Jake Daniel » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:01 pm

got mine through the post earlier, baddabaddaboom!

though i only had a quick look to see if everything looked ok then put it away for christmas day :)

User avatar
dj seizure
Posts: 1616
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am
Location: Buckinghamshire Massive
Contact:

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by dj seizure » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Got mine. But not really feeling it. Prefer the original.

dusty_head
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by dusty_head » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:33 pm

got mine today



loving it
http://www.subcity.org/shows/digitaldust/ (live every week friday night 8pm - 10pm listen live http://www.subcity.org)

Soundcloud

User avatar
VoteYes
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by VoteYes » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:47 pm

dusty head wrote:got mine today



loving it
:t: :t: :Q: :Q: :Q: :corndance: :corndance: :corndance:

User avatar
mVI
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by mVI » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

dj seizure wrote:Got mine. But not really feeling it. Prefer the original.
I prefer the original too.

The VIP is a VIP in the truest sense. A little variation just to smash up the dance.

hendramarshall
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Allston, MA

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by hendramarshall » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:56 pm

got delivery confirmation on mine this morning but i wont see it until mid january since ill be out of town til then :(
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
Soundcloud
twitter: @lindaledj

Eplo
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by Eplo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 pm

garethom wrote:Heads up. Out on Juno now.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/eyez-vip/443763-01/
THANK YOU

User avatar
mikey_g
Posts: 2031
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: glasgow

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by mikey_g » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:38 pm

No gonna buy this, so many peeps will be dropping the vip that playing the og will seem like a vip :corndance:
Recently reborn and relocated to glasgow

http://soundcloud.com/mikey-g-3

User avatar
rorz9992
Posts: 1251
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: EYEZ V.I.P Out Now

Post by rorz9992 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:39 pm

In the post! :w:

P.S. Juno have bumped their price up by £2 since last time I looked haha

P.P.S Anyone that has already received this, what does it look like? Blank white label or does it have writing on it etc?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests