Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
bela
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by bela » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

the people behind outlook have just announced the first release of the lineup for dimensions festival, also taking place at fort punta christo, but with a "deeper end" music focus.

acts confirmed thus far:

Iration Steppas
Loefah
Mungo's Hi-Fi
Moodymann
Dyed Soundorom
Marcel Dettmann
Ben Klock
Scuba
Shackleton
Joy Orbison
Levon Vincent
Kassem Mosse
Gold Panda
Theo Parrish
Pangaea
Boddika
Midland
Floating Points
Surgeon
Kyle Hall
2562
Benji B
Andrew Weatherall
Motor City Drum Ensemble
Mala
Pearson Sound
Ben UFO
Blawan
Sigha
Locked Groove
Space Dimension Controller
Pariah
Untold
Alexander Nut
Funkineven
Fatima (live)
Author
Pinch
Deadbeat
Anstam
dBridge
Dub Phizix
Consequence
SP:MC
Synkro
Paul Spymania


i think i know which festival will get my money this year :4: :h: :corndance: :i: :U:

wub
Posts: 34156
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by wub » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

That is pretty freaking awesome.

User avatar
DiegoSapiens
Posts: 8552
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 pm
Location: My Body

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by DiegoSapiens » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

why they are dubstep festivals all around europe exept in spain?
Image
incnic wrote: daddy why u dead and lying in a puddle :(
son i make techno dadydy on drugs
hubb wrote:its what ive been saying for a while

foxes are the mulattos of the cat/dog world

User avatar
soulkids
Posts: 2344
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: switzalaaaan'

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by soulkids » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm

line up is massive but still a bit of a shame.... I thought Outlook was so exciting because there was a huge range of genres. rap (jehst, phi life... :U:), reggae, dubstep, techno, grime etc.


so is this the response to too many twats at outlook last summer? less twats equals a lesser range of musical spectrum?

User avatar
AJP UK
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: OX16

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by AJP UK » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 pm

i think more people > more dickheads was outlook's problem last year, but it's standard popularity gain which is fine.
gotta say big up to the organisers for this much needed separation. more vibes im hoping.
AIM: AJPukYT
Email: ajp_@live.co.uk
-------------------
Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar
kay
Posts: 7343
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by kay » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 pm

So...that's basically the people I went to see play at last year's Outlook (and more or less the previous 3 years). I said I wasn't going again, but this is a different festival in theory! :corndance:

hendramarshall
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Allston, MA

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by hendramarshall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 pm

DiegoSapiens wrote:why they are dubstep festivals all around europe exept in spain?
Sonar in barca?? not all dubstep but always tons of great 'bass music'
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
Soundcloud
twitter: @lindaledj

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by Muncey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Wow that lineup is incredible, will wait til Outlook announce their lineup to decide which i go to.

User avatar
apmje
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: North, UK

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by apmje » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:21 pm

kay wrote:So...that's basically the people I went to see play at last year's Outlook (and more or less the previous 3 years). I said I wasn't going again, but this is a different festival in theory! :corndance:
I said I wasn't going again too...I do fancy Dimensions but honestly, a day or 2 after Outlook? Campsite is gunna be trash.

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by Muncey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Any crazy tnuc gunna do both?!

User avatar
kay
Posts: 7343
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by kay » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm

apmje wrote:
kay wrote:So...that's basically the people I went to see play at last year's Outlook (and more or less the previous 3 years). I said I wasn't going again, but this is a different festival in theory! :corndance:
I said I wasn't going again too...I do fancy Dimensions but honestly, a day or 2 after Outlook? Campsite is gunna be trash.
:a: No camping for me! :a:

User avatar
scattybeanhead
Posts: 2610
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: SW London

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by scattybeanhead » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 am

Muncey wrote:Any crazy tnuc gunna do both?!
really considering it. don't know if my mates would be able to do both, just hope that some of those artists will be at outlook too... kinda worried though that if they're separating this from outlook and making it the 'deeper side' could the regular outlook just turn into a douche-fest. sure hope not...
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

User avatar
meanmrcustard
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by meanmrcustard » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:20 am

Oh wow. this changes everything.

Was ready to buy my Outlook ticket on Sunday, but now I don't know what the fuck to do!

If all this stuff is at Dimensions, what's gonna be at Outlook?
New Mix (Oct 2013)
Soundcloud

User avatar
scattybeanhead
Posts: 2610
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
Location: SW London

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by scattybeanhead » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

meanmrcustard wrote:Oh wow. this changes everything.

Was ready to buy my Outlook ticket on Sunday, but now I don't know what the fuck to do!

If all this stuff is at Dimensions, what's gonna be at Outlook?
yeah my thoughts exactly
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

jack sparrow1
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am
Location: waterworld

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by jack sparrow1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:00 am

yo,

people wanting to do both festivals will have an option.

all the info will be coming shortly from Outlook HQ.

Outlook festival is not to be missed line up is nuttier than squirrel poops.

look after the site and it will look after you!

:Q:
Tectonic/Deep Medi/Black Box
Author/Jack Sparrow
bookings - helen@authoruk.com
http://soundcloud.com/j-sparrow
twitter.com/_jackSparrow_
http://www.outlookfestival.com/

Riddles
Posts: 4819
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 am
Location: Brighton

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by Riddles » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 pm

leeds tickets say 230 for a combined ticket. imma do both.
Image
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

User avatar
apmje
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:35 pm
Location: North, UK

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by apmje » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 pm

kay wrote:
apmje wrote:
kay wrote:So...that's basically the people I went to see play at last year's Outlook (and more or less the previous 3 years). I said I wasn't going again, but this is a different festival in theory! :corndance:
I said I wasn't going again too...I do fancy Dimensions but honestly, a day or 2 after Outlook? Campsite is gunna be trash.
:a: No camping for me! :a:
No festival for me. :lol: Might try Bloc...not sure though.

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by Muncey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm

scattybeanhead wrote:
Muncey wrote:Any crazy tnuc gunna do both?!
really considering it. don't know if my mates would be able to do both, just hope that some of those artists will be at outlook too... kinda worried though that if they're separating this from outlook and making it the 'deeper side' could the regular outlook just turn into a douche-fest. sure hope not...
I'm debating it as it's only a few days apart from each other... assuming Outlooks lineup isn't massively effected by this, which i'm sure it won't be.

leokretzmer
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by leokretzmer » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:51 pm



CANT WAIT!!!!!


WHAT IS THE FIRST SONG?????? DID THEY PLAY LAST YEAR?

User avatar
Capture pt
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 am
Location: Southampton

Re: Dimensions Festival - Pula, Croatia - 6-9 September 2012

Post by Capture pt » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

im sure they are paying the DJ's a bomb to perform both festivals. cant see them not having big names at outlook.....

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests