Outlook 2010 vs Outlook 2011, and thoughts on 2012

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Friendly Editing

Re: Outlook 2010 vs Outlook 2011, and thoughts on 2012

Post by Friendly Editing » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I loved outlook 2009 because of the location. It was small and intimate. dubstep belongs in a club. therefore I didnt like 2010 because of the big stages...
:z:

My thoughts exactly. The fort is a great location and when I arrived I was overwhelmed by the atmosphere and the effort the outlook people have put into organizing this. But in the end I enjoyed 2009 much more - friendly and intimate club vibes, less dickheads than in 2010 (yep, they were already there) but I guess I just don't like big festivals at all...

kay

Post by kay » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Dunno, didn't enjoy the club as much. Also it was horribly expensive. Until you worked out that the cocktails were very good value for money! Being in a club also probably detracted slightly from it being a festival in the sun.

cpt.pollution

Post by cpt.pollution » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 pm

kay wrote:
cpt.pollution wrote:I like the fact you have a good chance of running into a lot of DJ's at the festival. Not like some massive thing like glastonbury or whatever where you have 0 chance of it unless you are backstage.

Last year caught N-type on his way down to dock stage just him and his dubplates. Caught kromey near the restaurant, lost front and centre at the start of DMZ night. Ran into G-double, thats just off the top of my head. Goth-trad at the bar on DMZ night aswell. I think the sunshine also makes everyone so much more approchable (even though they are all very approchable and top blokes in the first place).

Just don't walk around with Grand for any more than 5 minutes, because he fucking knows EVERYONE!
It's like that on most good dubstep nights. In London anyway. And probably Bristol and Leeds at the very least.
Some places dude, DMZ and the likes. But a lot of clubs that shit doesn't happen either like Fabric.
zomby wrote: I think it would hav been better if the first 8 bars as an intro led to the next 8 bars being the outro

icanicant

Post by icanicant » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:25 pm

2010 was definitely better than 2011. All the reasons have been pretty much given already. Dimensions sounds like a decent bet for 2010-esque vibes. Wish my mates were more up for it.
Ludacris- Area Codes Remix
Soundcloud

kay

Post by kay » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:54 pm

cpt.pollution wrote:
kay wrote:
cpt.pollution wrote:I like the fact you have a good chance of running into a lot of DJ's at the festival. Not like some massive thing like glastonbury or whatever where you have 0 chance of it unless you are backstage.

Last year caught N-type on his way down to dock stage just him and his dubplates. Caught kromey near the restaurant, lost front and centre at the start of DMZ night. Ran into G-double, thats just off the top of my head. Goth-trad at the bar on DMZ night aswell. I think the sunshine also makes everyone so much more approchable (even though they are all very approchable and top blokes in the first place).

Just don't walk around with Grand for any more than 5 minutes, because he fucking knows EVERYONE!
It's like that on most good dubstep nights. In London anyway. And probably Bristol and Leeds at the very least.
Some places dude, DMZ and the likes. But a lot of clubs that shit doesn't happen either like Fabric.
Yeah that's why I said "good dubstep nights" :P

wolf89

Post by wolf89 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 am

kay wrote:Amazingly, the disaster that was the Italian Transport Strike actually turned out quite well and we had a relatively good time just trying to get home!
Haha yeah, it was actually alright in between the stress of not knowing what was going on (the steak and air conditioned room were amazing after outlook and the chaos over the strike haha)

I didn't go before 2010, but honestly I really can't imagine outlook indoors. I mean I love being out in the sun shine and by the beach just as much as the music. Honestly I could spend a long time out in that area of Croatia just going to beaches, restaurants and going to bars and shit without the festival, the fact that you have one of the most interesting festival venues and one of the best line ups for a festival there is at the moment just all makes it fucking awesome.
http://twitter.com/Wolfthedj
sofa_king wrote:wolf89 has a massive cock.

kay

Post by kay » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 am

wolf89 wrote:
kay wrote:Amazingly, the disaster that was the Italian Transport Strike actually turned out quite well and we had a relatively good time just trying to get home!
Haha yeah, it was actually alright in between the stress of not knowing what was going on (the steak and air conditioned room were amazing after outlook and the chaos over the strike haha)

I didn't go before 2010, but honestly I really can't imagine outlook indoors. I mean I love being out in the sun shine and by the beach just as much as the music. Honestly I could spend a long time out in that area of Croatia just going to beaches, restaurants and going to bars and shit without the festival, the fact that you have one of the most interesting festival venues and one of the best line ups for a festival there is at the moment just all makes it fucking awesome.
The club was next to a beach (but you couldn't really hear the sound that well from the beach) and there was a small pool area and another outdoor section. The pool had its own set of speakers and booth but at night they just piped out what was playing in the club. The other outdoor section was only used at night and was where the live stuff went on. The main club itself had massive doors that were open pretty much the whole time. The soundsystem they brought in for the club was really good though, I remember being outside during the soundcheck and everyone just going WOOOOAAAHHHH!!!!

The festival atmosphere was definitely lacking compared to the Fort though. It was more like a clubbing holiday.

scattybeanhead

Post by scattybeanhead » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am

really cant imagine it being as good inside. alright if the vibes are better but just doesn't sound like as much of a festival. i'd still prefer it if everything was in the fort though, just the best music arena's i've ever seen
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

kay

Post by kay » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 am

scattybeanhead wrote:really cant imagine it being as good inside. alright if the vibes are better but just doesn't sound like as much of a festival. i'd still prefer it if everything was in the fort though, just the best music arena's i've ever seen
Yeah it was just going to a club that was kinda next to a beach. Kinda defeats the purpose. The fort wins, no contest. Heck, just the beach bar alone won it for me.

A bit like this year's Bloc, - beach, + being in London :( WHHYYYYY???!!!????