Outlook 2013 Crew

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Johoosh

Outlook 2013 Crew

Post by Johoosh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Ball. Rolling.

Who's on the early-birds Wednesday 31st?
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

Johnlenham

Re: Outlook 2013 Crew

Post by Johnlenham » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Pretty much want to do both this and Dimension, not worried about it selling out but getting dates for both would be good for cheap flights and accom :4:

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Johnlenham wrote:Pretty much want to do both this and Dimension, not worried about it selling out but getting dates for both would be good for cheap flights and accom :4:
Got this from Outlook in my email if it helps
Here are the details for Outlook Festival 2013

Outlook 2013: Thursday 29th - Sunday 1st September

We will release a limited amount of cheaper priced tickets on Wednesday 31st October from our website
Super Early bird: £115
Early bird: £125
Early bird Joint ticket (Outlook and Dimensions): £230

WEBSITE TO BE UPDATED WITH NEW INFO INCLUDING TRAVEL AND ACCOM LATE DECEMBER 2012
FIRST BIG LINE-UP RELEASED IN EARLY 2013
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

chekov

Post by chekov » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:09 pm

proper tempted to reach next year

anyone have any idea how much it'll cost in total with flights and shit?

i know some people who paid a grand in total this year, can't really stretch to that
alex bk-bk wrote:some of you lot chat bare shit

exfox

Post by exfox » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 pm

same here... tempted to go but i'm not sure i can afford it :|

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:33 pm

chekov wrote:proper tempted to reach next year

anyone have any idea how much it'll cost in total with flights and shit?

i know some people who paid a grand in total this year, can't really stretch to that
Our flights were just over £100 each (booked reasonably far in advance, some of my mates had to pay £200+ so dont leave it late), was about £40 for a return transfer coach (to and from Venice Marco Polo), then camping came to about £30, obviously accomodation is more ££ & more varied. Bear in mind they might bump these prices up this year too.

Then you have your spending money. Fairly cheap in the festival (compared to UK fests) but the token system was fucking annoying.
Soundcloud

chekov

Post by chekov » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Johoosh wrote:Our flights were just over £100 each (booked reasonably far in advance, some of my mates had to pay £200+ so dont leave it late), was about £40 for a return transfer coach (to and from Venice Marco Polo), then camping came to about £30, obviously accomodation is more ££ & more varied. Bear in mind they might bump these prices up this year too.

Then you have your spending money. Fairly cheap in the festival (compared to UK fests) but the token system was fucking annoying.
one of my friends has an aunt who lives half an hour away from the fort so i'm hoping me and my mates will be able to crash there and save on paying for a hostel or sumat
how much spending money would you recommend taking? and what's the token system?

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:53 pm

I've put it off because of money and lack of organisation for the past 3 years.. I was certain I'd be going last year but decided to buy some 1210s and some vinyl instead. This year will be the year!

Did anybody do both last year?

GoRiLLa_FiNGaH

Post by GoRiLLa_FiNGaH » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Definitely trying to reach from the US this year, I know it's gonna be expensive but I can imagine it all being worth it in the end.
"Dying Is Easy, Living is What Scares Me."

http://www.mixcloud.com/GoRiLLa_FiNGaH/lost-in-the-dungeon/

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:16 pm

chekov wrote: how much spending money would you recommend taking? and what's the token system?
The token system:

Basically, most of the stalls/bars/shops in the arena & immediate area round the fort only accepted 'Outlook' tokens. You cashed in your Kuna (ONLY Kuna) at on-site token exchanges and got your money back in tokens mixed of denominations: 30k,20k,15k,5k. All prices in the arena were adjusted to be multiples of these numbers (e.g pint was 30k, water 15k, burger 45k). However a few stalls only accepted cash, most only accepted tokens, and some accepted a mixture so it was a bit confusing. Plus I found I had to keep queuing for tokens to avoid carrying around large amounts, not too bad the queues tho.

Spending money: Mostly cheaper than a UK festival (2 litres of beer from supermarket for 30k) but depends how stringent you are with yourself, how much you spend on drugs, beer (in the arena) food, dinghys, fucking Outlook towels etc. But it is possible to do it on a budget.

Bear in mind if you're living 30 mins from the Fort you're either going to have to schlep it on foot there and back every day & night or get a taxi each day which can be expensive.
Soundcloud

chekov

Post by chekov » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

makes sense i guess...

thanks for the info!

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Muncey wrote:I've put it off because of money and lack of organisation for the past 3 years.. I was certain I'd be going last year but decided to buy some 1210s and some vinyl instead. This year will be the year!

Did anybody do both last year?
Riddles did both and I met him out there for Dimensions. Thank god he let me crash at his apartment because one night of camping was enough for me :lol:

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 am

I did both last year, was good but i was destroyed after. think i might stick to one this time round
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Riddles wrote:I did both last year, was good but i was destroyed after. think i might stick to one this time round
Thats what I was going to ask lol.. was it a bit too much come the end of it.. I don't think my wallet could handle both let alone my body. I'll probably stick to one this year then do both next year after I graduate.

ASMATIK

Post by ASMATIK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:37 am

Definitely going back for the 4th time! There's no way I could handle Dimensions as well tho, I Was fucked after just Outlook alone this year. Its all about getting an apartment, I'll never camp in that place.

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am

Muncey wrote:
Riddles wrote:I did both last year, was good but i was destroyed after. think i might stick to one this time round
Thats what I was going to ask lol.. was it a bit too much come the end of it.. I don't think my wallet could handle both let alone my body. I'll probably stick to one this year then do both next year after I graduate.
it was more the wallet issues, if you plan it better than i did it would be cheaper but doing both festivals was a lot of money, no way i can afford both this year i reckon
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 pm

I think if you could get an apartment up the road from it, get a cheap flight to croatia (pula area) and get some good food supplies in it could be done for loads cheaper.
Most of my money went on getting to it as I sorted everything in like late July/early August.

scattybeanhead

Post by scattybeanhead » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm

had a fucking sick time, gonna try and go again next year but not sure it's gonna happen...

FYI i got flights for just over £100 in march and even though we booked our apartment in like july it was still SICK and £80 for the week. also if you buy all your stuff at lidl it's super cheap. think i spent about £500 in total, not bad for probably the best holiday of your life. oh shit i've definitely got to get a group together for next year!
http://www.mixcloud.com/yesjme/winter-warmers-dubstep-vinyl-mix/

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 pm

Tickets on sale now.
Soundcloud

sayno

Post by sayno » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

What's the best time to book flights? Looking at prices now there's a non-stop return flight to Pula for £188, not sure about economy class though. Everything else seems way expensive.

Also, what apartments are close to the festival?
bagelator wrote:nah, no groove in that. it just sounds like robots bumming eachother.