who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
djet710
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 pm

who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by djet710 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:07 pm

really love this tune and would like to know the key so i can know which tunes it best mixes with and so that i can have possibility to try to remix it


jack sparrow1
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am
Location: waterworld

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by jack sparrow1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 pm

if you remix it ( i cant stop this from happening) please contact the label or artist before you upload.

it is still our property even when in the public domain.

big up
Tectonic/Deep Medi/Black Box
Author/Jack Sparrow
bookings - helen@authoruk.com
http://soundcloud.com/j-sparrow
twitter.com/_jackSparrow_
http://www.outlookfestival.com/

User avatar
Dustwyrm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am
Location: Murrieta, Ca
Contact:

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by Dustwyrm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I could be wrong but unless he's selling it for some type of monetary gain, I feel it's a bit tedious and needless effort asking the original artist just to simply upload some random remix he did using another person's song.

Personally I believe it should be an honor for people to remix another person's work, and unless he's adding it to his album release or selling it on beatport, it's simply an unecessary waiting period; a question/message that most bigger name artists wouldn't even take the time to respond to or even open the message.

In conclusion I do agree it's respectful to ask, but it's just a thought.
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm

jack sparrow1
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am
Location: waterworld

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by jack sparrow1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Dustwyrm wrote:I could be wrong but unless he's selling it for some type of monetary gain, I feel it's a bit tedious and needless effort asking the original artist just to simply upload some random remix he did using another person's song.

Personally I believe it should be an honor for people to remix another person's work, and unless he's adding it to his album release or selling it on beatport, it's simply an unecessary waiting period; a question/message that most bigger name artists wouldn't even take the time to respond to or even open the message.

In conclusion I do agree it's respectful to ask, but it's just a thought.

well he/she can contact me here direct and i will respond.
Tectonic/Deep Medi/Black Box
Author/Jack Sparrow
bookings - helen@authoruk.com
http://soundcloud.com/j-sparrow
twitter.com/_jackSparrow_
http://www.outlookfestival.com/

User avatar
Dustwyrm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am
Location: Murrieta, Ca
Contact:

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by Dustwyrm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:28 pm

For sure - props if you can help the fella by responding. I guess I was speaking in more general terms of when producers remix big name artists and there's no chance in hell he/she would ever even eyeball the message/request simply because I'm sure they're bombarded by fan mail all day long.

Much respect if you take the time to respond to a fan, that's what it's about for sure.
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm

press
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:20 am
Location: Seattle

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by press » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Dustwyrm wrote:For sure - props if you can help the fella by responding. I guess I was speaking in more general terms of when producers remix big name artists and there's no chance in hell he/she would ever even eyeball the message/request simply because I'm sure they're bombarded by fan mail all day long.

Much respect if you take the time to respond to a fan, that's what it's about for sure.

imho if you cant get ahold of them then you shouldnt do it.

the excpetion beying if you do it oldschool imho . Make up a fake name that wont have any other releases or is just booties, and label it as such then save it as a personal vip, dub in your circle of friends or perhaps for free.

Author - Turn (Rit3rs Bl0ck bootleg remix) is alot better than Author - Turn (Press rmx). Because the first implies no permisssion was given and you are not trying to take credit for remixing it officially. by labeling it as a standard remix it looks like you got permission and now your status is raised off the name/work of another artist, when truth is if you dont have the stems you simpley chopped up their work and maybe added some shit on top.

imo bootlegging has always been an edm thing and at the very least a dubplate culture thing, but in the day booties were hardly ever directly credited to the real remixer and if it was it was kind of a fuck you ill deal with the consequences thing, not some high honor the original artist is supposed to be down with. But i see alot of people getting heat for trying to do unofficial remixes and not having any clue why someone would be mad about it.

*sooo tempted to make that pm and see about doing a remix lol....what a fucking tune. Something tells me that would be a "thanks for being a fan but we cannot let you do a remix" though. lol. Author FTW.
Shift./Onset/Requiem/Gamma/Paradise Lost/Sub Pressure/Gradient/WattHZ/2012/Rottun/Kursed/Betamorph
Soundcloud

User avatar
Dustwyrm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am
Location: Murrieta, Ca
Contact:

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by Dustwyrm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

@Press - Good point. Labeling it properly is a great idea to keep it real with the original creator of the tune. But what's wrong with Turn (Press bootleg remix). I don't see a big deal in using your own name as long as you're making it clear that it is not your original work and you just mashed it up for fun. I've actually never remixed a tune myself so I'm in no way defending either side of the argument to the death. Just simply talking for the sake of ignoring the obligations in my workplace.
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm

press
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:20 am
Location: Seattle

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by press » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Dustwyrm wrote:@Press - Good point. Labeling it properly is a great idea to keep it real with the original creator of the tune. But what's wrong with Turn (Press bootleg remix). I don't see a big deal in using your own name as long as you're making it clear that it is not your original work and you just mashed it up for fun. I've actually never remixed a tune myself so I'm in no way defending either side of the argument to the death. Just simply talking for the sake of ignoring the obligations in my workplace.


@Dustwyrm

i to am ignroing work shit lol. And yes i think your right what your saying is better, but imo the best way to not get your booty taken down and not look as though your trying to gain rep off someone elses name is seperate yourself from it as much as possible and make it obvious no permission was given. As the name implies...bootleg..its supposed to be on the DL. If its good it will add ammo to your dj sets that should be enough, we shouldnt need the credit for something unofficial. but yes i think addign bootleg is the most improtant part and will at least help keep the og artist from being tooooo pissed off about it, if you dont get permission. I would care less if it was somethign non edm as well... like remixing a pop group....fuck them...but then if they do care and they do see it they will have it taken down.
:4: :W:
Shift./Onset/Requiem/Gamma/Paradise Lost/Sub Pressure/Gradient/WattHZ/2012/Rottun/Kursed/Betamorph
Soundcloud

User avatar
Dustwyrm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:22 am
Location: Murrieta, Ca
Contact:

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by Dustwyrm » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm

@ Press

I basically agree for the most part. Personally what I think would/should piss an artist off is if someone blatantly rips off a melody, or some type of specific rhythm-based part of song and slightly/barely changes it, then puts in their own 'original' song. If you're clearly playing another guy's song and giving him the proper credit for it, I think that's fine; However I do understand that it's just my personal opinion and everyone's entitled to their own view on the subject. It's the straight up blatant robbery that some people do that should really make one angry.

That said, all your points are valid, and maybe I just haven't been around production long enough to know how it feels for someone to rip off your song.
︻╦╤─ Dus†wyrm ─╤╦︻

Soundcloud

"The wobble is there more as a reminder that we are still in Dubstep territory, but right now we are chilling... " - Emm

press
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:20 am
Location: Seattle

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by press » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Dustwyrm wrote: However I do understand that it's just my personal opinion and everyone's entitled to their own view on the subject.
agreed. im just some schlub what the fuck do i know. :4:
Shift./Onset/Requiem/Gamma/Paradise Lost/Sub Pressure/Gradient/WattHZ/2012/Rottun/Kursed/Betamorph
Soundcloud

User avatar
ruckspin
Posts: 1254
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: London/Leeds
Contact:

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by ruckspin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't understand why you would want to bootleg a tune in the same genre...
That's like doing a dubstep bootleg of 'anti war dub'...

oh wait...

TopManLurka
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 am

Re: who knows what key "turn" by author isin?

Post by TopManLurka » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 pm

ruckspin wrote:I don't understand why you would want to bootleg a tune in the same genre...
That's like doing a dubstep bootleg of 'anti war dub'...

oh wait...
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests