130 thread

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: 130 thread

Post by Muncey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 pm

RKM wrote:(sidenote: how jokes are vinyl only imprints run by people that can't play vinyl)
fixed. Most people come through as producers so I guess the vinyl only is to stop people stealing/just cause its popular rather than for DJing reasons. Its good for us buying vinyl still :h:

xtcvsmistycold
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by xtcvsmistycold » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:27 pm

nah it's ridiculous

if i didn't play vinyl i'd be a lot more angry than i am lol

lol @ "to stop ppl stealing" it's to make it seem more special and cos they think vinyl only has a cool aesthetic

User avatar
ehbes
Posts: 19109
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: 130 thread

Post by ehbes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Egyptian Avenue label relaunch is coming soon.
Including a 12" Vinyl release, and digital giveaways.

STAY FROSTY
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: 130 thread

Post by Muncey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 pm

xtcvsmistycold wrote:nah it's ridiculous

if i didn't play vinyl i'd be a lot more angry than i am lol

lol @ "to stop ppl stealing" it's to make it seem more special and cos they think vinyl only has a cool aesthetic
seen, you sound like an experienced label owner. As if guys making music who probably have jobs as well cause they don't earn a living from it are gunna shell out large amounts to pay for vinyl releases "to look cool".

"i'd be a lot more angry than I am" lol as if you'd be angry at labels releasing vinyl only. Theres basically no profit in it and if things go wrong it can be pricey along with taking ages to sort it all out, its not as easy as throwing up the tunes on iTunes which is basically a no-lose situation (half the grime scene do this now). The fact some people are willing to go the extra mile to put things out on a low return (possibly lose money), physical medium which no doubt the money comes out of their own personal accounts and they have to organise mastering, distribution, artwork ect. is commendable.. no matter what they spin.

Like I said, they're likely primarily producers not DJs so putting out music on a certain medium for them isn't 100% about what people/themselves are DJing on, its about presenting a body of work.

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: 130 thread

Post by jrkhnds » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 pm

what's worse is all the labels going LIMITED 12" EDITION OF 300 NO REPRESS when it's pretty clear they'll have a hard time shifting the units.

Local Action made a brilliant tweet regarding that issue, can't find it though.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: 130 thread

Post by Muncey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Thats just advertising in general though, loads of things say shit like "limited edition". I'd rather know theres only 300 no repress than not know though, loads of stuff that don't advertise like that and I end up sleeping on it and then find out its silly money.

Randomer - Bring
Cyrus & Distance - Titan

ect.

Nitpicking tbf.

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: 130 thread

Post by jrkhnds » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 pm

it's one thing to politely inform people there's limited availability. I appreciate that.
to go all out OMG FUCK IT'S LIMITED COP NOW OR DIE is the unneccessarily dramatic part.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

User avatar
ultraspatial
Posts: 7818
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Bromania

Re: 130 thread

Post by ultraspatial » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:56 pm

more surprised by guys being all vinyl only about some throwaway tunes you're likely to find on a random bandcamp alongside 2nd rate trap beats and ice rink bootlegs

User avatar
scherou
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Re: 130 thread

Post by scherou » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Muncey wrote: Randomer - Bring
just fyi its only the mushmeister that is inflating the price of this record, it popped up on redeye again not long ago + another repress due soon

User avatar
Doctor_Dave
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by Doctor_Dave » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 pm

More stuff forthcoming in the following months, so hyped for all of them. There's Into Stone from Strict Face forthcoming on different circles b/w a Cashmere Cat remix, and a Shriekin EP for Local Action.
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

xtcvsmistycold
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by xtcvsmistycold » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am

Muncey wrote:
xtcvsmistycold wrote:nah it's ridiculous

if i didn't play vinyl i'd be a lot more angry than i am lol

lol @ "to stop ppl stealing" it's to make it seem more special and cos they think vinyl only has a cool aesthetic
seen, you sound like an experienced label owner. As if guys making music who probably have jobs as well cause they don't earn a living from it are gunna shell out large amounts to pay for vinyl releases "to look cool".

"i'd be a lot more angry than I am" lol as if you'd be angry at labels releasing vinyl only. Theres basically no profit in it and if things go wrong it can be pricey along with taking ages to sort it all out, its not as easy as throwing up the tunes on iTunes which is basically a no-lose situation (half the grime scene do this now). The fact some people are willing to go the extra mile to put things out on a low return (possibly lose money), physical medium which no doubt the money comes out of their own personal accounts and they have to organise mastering, distribution, artwork ect. is commendable.. no matter what they spin.

Like I said, they're likely primarily producers not DJs so putting out music on a certain medium for them isn't 100% about what people/themselves are DJing on, its about presenting a body of work.
lol

User avatar
murky21
Fantasy Football King
Posts: 6541
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: London SW6 / EC2A

Re: 130 thread

Post by murky21 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:32 pm


User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: 130 thread

Post by Muncey » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:53 pm

scherou wrote:
Muncey wrote: Randomer - Bring
just fyi its only the mushmeister that is inflating the price of this record, it popped up on redeye again not long ago + another repress due soon
:Q:

Not been keeping an eye on it I keep forgetting, good news about another repress!

User avatar
Muncey
Posts: 6580
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Northants/Manchester

Re: 130 thread

Post by Muncey » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Can't wait!

Phigure
Posts: 14134
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: 130 thread

Post by Phigure » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:23 pm

scherou wrote:
Muncey wrote: Randomer - Bring
just fyi its only the mushmeister that is inflating the price of this record, it popped up on redeye again not long ago + another repress due soon
yesss that is so good to hear, kicking myself for not copping when it first came out

and mushmeister loool
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

User avatar
bennyfroobs
Posts: 4532
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 am
Location: the rainy north

Re: 130 thread

Post by bennyfroobs » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:11 pm

'jdsioahdjsnmistcold

ur a clueless idiot
Image
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

xtcvsmistycold
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by xtcvsmistycold » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:14 am

suck yr mum

why have you caught feelings who was even talking to u

User avatar
RKM
Posts: 4742
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:57 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by RKM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:43 am

edit: nvm pointless
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Doctor_Dave
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 am

Re: 130 thread

Post by Doctor_Dave » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 am

Is it true that Parris is now the A&R for Tempa now?
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

Phigure
Posts: 14134
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 5:55 am
Contact:

Re: 130 thread

Post by Phigure » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 am

that would be big news
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests