Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
User avatar
4ndY
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by 4ndY » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:59 am

dubunked wrote:I think there should be signatures on mobile
There are two main issues with signatures on mobile:
1) most people have Flash in signature and most smartphones don't support it so it's useless
2) on small screens primary content (posts) has a priority over unneeded one (signatures), and everybody grumble how mobile version of forum is unusable because of too much everything on it, so reduction of unneeded content is the solution :-)

Maybe we'll put some option in User control panel so you could turn it back on...
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'

Blingley
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Blingley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 pm

How in nine bloody hells of Baator does one actually use the [bandcamp] tag? Here's a few examples of ways that do not work.

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]3347047836[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp=3347047836]http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp=http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets]3347047836[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp:album]3347047836[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp:album]http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3347047836/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/notracklist=true/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets">I just like Magnets by Adi "Blingley" Saikkonen</a></iframe>[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

[HTML]<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3347047836/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/notracklist=true/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-just-like-magnets">I just like Magnets by Adi "Blingley" Saikkonen</a></iframe>[/HTML]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=3347047836 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 notracklist=true]

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]width=350 height=470 album=3347047836 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 notracklist=true[/bandcamp]
Image

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by didi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 pm

[bandcamp]424567755[/bandcamp]

it's pretty EZ swamp m81
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

Blingley
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Blingley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:56 pm

dididub wrote:[bandcamp]424567755[/bandcamp]

it's pretty EZ swamp m81
When I try that, I just get:

[bandcamp]3347047836[/bandcamp]

Code: Select all

LOG:
External calls not allowed.  Disabling.
setting bgcolors to 16777215(FFFFFF)
load_data error for url: http://bandcamp.com/playerdata?track=3347047836
  event: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]
As you can see, it automatically assumes the targeted ID is a track, rather than an album. Album tracks, from what I gather, do not get a track ID assigned to them, and as such it's impossible to link to a single track within an album. At least when I try to get the embed code from bandcamp on any of the specific tracks of mine, it only gives me the embed through reference to the album ID. And indeed, it doesn't seem possible to link to the album itself either, since it doesn't seem that the implemented BBCode solution supports that. Or if it does, I do not know what the syntax is. Compare:
Bandcamp wrote:<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/[b][ ... =424567755[/u][/b]/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/notracklist=true/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://hi5ghost.bandcamp.com/track/my-t ... rience">My Tram Experience by Hi5ghost</a></iframe>
Bandcamp wrote:<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/[b][ ... 3347047836[/u][/b]/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/notracklist=true/t=7/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://blingley.bandcamp.com/album/i-ju ... magnets">I just like Magnets by Adi "Blingley" Saikkonen</a></iframe>
Image

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by didi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm

i think ur right actually

4ndy what u saying bout this?
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

Blingley
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Blingley » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 pm

If people spamming their albums everywhere is the reason for this, perhaps allow it only in the "Music (Tunes and Releases)"-forum.
Image

User avatar
4ndY
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by 4ndY » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:18 pm

As I can see, current setup of bandcamp tag supports only tracks.

To be exact, phpBB replace this:

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]{NUMBER}[/bandcamp]
with this:

Code: Select all

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="100" ><param name="movie" value="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track={NUMBER}/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><embed src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track={NUMBER}/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" width="400" height="100" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" quality=high allowScriptAccess=never allowNetworking=always wmode=transparent bgcolor=#FFFFFF></embed></object>
I would like to keep this setting in sake of backward compatibility (if I change it all posts that use old bandcamp tags would be ruined). So to enable you to put albums, I could create a new tag ([bandcamp-album] maybe?) if you agree? Or do you have a better idea? :roll:
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'

Blingley
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Blingley » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:01 am

4ndY wrote:As I can see, current setup of bandcamp tag supports only tracks.

To be exact, phpBB replace this:

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]{NUMBER}[/bandcamp]
with this:

Code: Select all

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="400" height="100" ><param name="movie" value="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track={NUMBER}/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><embed src="http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer.swf/track={NUMBER}/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/" width="400" height="100" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" quality=high allowScriptAccess=never allowNetworking=always wmode=transparent bgcolor=#FFFFFF></embed></object>
I would like to keep this setting in sake of backward compatibility (if I change it all posts that use old bandcamp tags would be ruined). So to enable you to put albums, I could create a new tag ([bandcamp-album] maybe?) if you agree? Or do you have a better idea? :roll:
[bandcamp:album] or [bandcamp-album] should work. I thought about allowing people to use HTML, but then I came up with a handful of reasons why it was an awful idea.

Or:

Code: Select all

[bandcamp]album=1552352324[/bandcamp]
[bandcamp]track=1552352324[/bandcamp]
And having it default to track if no string= is present.
Image

User avatar
4ndY
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by 4ndY » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 am

I've made following changes to a bandcamp tag:
1) I've switched old embedded code to Flash-free version so people on smartphones and tablets can use the embedded player.
2) I've introduced a new tag [bandcamp=album] with which you can link an album with the similar syntax:

Code: Select all

[bandcamp=album]AlbumID[/bandcamp]
There exists this option of course:

Code: Select all

[bandcamp=track]TrackID[/bandcamp]
which gives the same results as the old one.

:e: 8)
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'

didi
Posts: 3788
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dvT8dttyQ
Contact:

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by didi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 am

:Q:
[+]
bennyfroobs wrote:cool it vip is one of the best funky tracks of all time, hands down
[+]
Agent 47 wrote:photek? who is photek

photek is my mate whos a house dj from london lol
[+]
wolf89 wrote:Me and my mates play a game where we remember the worst or most obscure nu metal bands we can and listen to them when drunk

User avatar
Terpit
Posts: 11097
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:06 am

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Terpit » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 am

Everything looks really fucky today
Soundcloud
♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special Proper HQ Recording by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*

User avatar
SunkLo
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Canadaland

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by SunkLo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 am

Blaze it -4.20dB
nowaysj wrote:Raising a girl in this jizz filled world is not the easiest thing.
Phigure wrote:I haven't heard such a beautiful thing since that time Jesus sang Untrue
If I ever get banned I'll come back as SpunkLo, just you mark my words.

User avatar
4ndY
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by 4ndY » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 am

Wou, I didn't see that phpBB3 update f* up prosilver skin. :o I'll fix it...
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'

User avatar
SunkLo
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Canadaland

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by SunkLo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:35 am

4ndY wrote:Wou, I didn't see that phpBB3 update f* up prosilver skin. :o I'll fix it...
:Q:
BUps button is still getting clipped on the right side on some posts.
Blaze it -4.20dB
nowaysj wrote:Raising a girl in this jizz filled world is not the easiest thing.
Phigure wrote:I haven't heard such a beautiful thing since that time Jesus sang Untrue
If I ever get banned I'll come back as SpunkLo, just you mark my words.

User avatar
4ndY
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:59 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by 4ndY » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 pm

SunkLo wrote: :Q:
BUps button is still getting clipped on the right side on some posts.
Fixed + added anti-spam features.
A neutron walks into a bar; he asks the bartender, 'How much for a beer?' The bartender looks at him, and says 'For you, no charge.'

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by m8son666 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:25 pm

why is it a thanks button now?
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:33 pm

yes, little downs to the thanks button.
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

User avatar
SunkLo
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 am
Location: Canadaland

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by SunkLo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Nevalo wrote:yes, little downs to the thanks button.
Came here to say exactly this.

Also the button's still clipped for me. Might be aliens...
Blaze it -4.20dB
nowaysj wrote:Raising a girl in this jizz filled world is not the easiest thing.
Phigure wrote:I haven't heard such a beautiful thing since that time Jesus sang Untrue
If I ever get banned I'll come back as SpunkLo, just you mark my words.

titchbit
Posts: 3536
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: levitating on bass weight

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by titchbit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:47 pm

SunkLo wrote:
Nevalo wrote:yes, little downs to the thanks button.
Came here to say exactly this.

Also the button's still clipped for me. Might be aliens...
most likely aliens.

User avatar
syrup
Reigning Mini-Mix King
Posts: 8343
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: down in my heart
Contact:

Re: Site Update Feedback Thread - comments/queries/wishlist

Post by syrup » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Thuck Fanks
Soundcloud
dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 37 guests