dubstep evolution now relies on West Country

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
nousd
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:22 am
Location: approaching the flux pavillion

dubstep evolution now relies on West Country

Post by nousd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:49 pm

in another place, I asked:
Which of them is most likely to produce the most original, influential tunnage?

Joohosh said Zhou & Locust Tree. Gareth said Vessel or Jabu. Both acknowledged that Kahn is currently the most high-profile.

Having read the September Wire article, I'm wondering if it gives a fair picture of the individuals and the way their collectives are portrayed.
Last edited by nousd on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
{*}

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by m8son666 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:33 pm

i dunno it's so hard to keep track of whose who lol i didn't realise ishan sound was zhou until the other day
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by jrkhnds » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:03 am

m8son wrote:i dunno it's so hard to keep track of whose who lol i didn't realise ishan sound was zhou until the other day
what

zhou is ishan sound

the fuck



they should just name themselves "Young Echo 1", "Young Echo 2" ...
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 am

TRILLA JERMAINE TRILLOSKI
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by m8son666 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:09 am

Jurkhands wrote: what

zhou is ishan sound

the fuck



they should just name themselves "Young Echo 1", "Young Echo 2" ...
yh lol heres a list of them on their website, not that it makes anything less confusing lol
JABU (killing sound, zhou)
EL KID (sam kidel)
KAHN (gorgon sound, baba yaga)
VESSEL (flexible ape, rei, baba yaga, killing sound, panther modern)
ISHAN SOUND (zhou)
ZHOU (ishan sound, jabu)
MANONMARS
NEEK (gorgon sound)
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
wilson
Posts: 3471
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: East London/Essex

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by wilson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:45 pm

sd5 wrote:Having read the September Wire article, I'm wondering if it gives a fair picture of the individuals and the way their collectives are portrayed.
Could I get a link to that article?

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by garethom » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Nevalo wrote:TRILLA JERMAINE TRILLOSKI
:a:

Not from Bristol.

Will knock you out if you say that again.
m8son wrote:
Jurkhands wrote: what

zhou is ishan sound

the fuck



they should just name themselves "Young Echo 1", "Young Echo 2" ...
yh lol heres a list of them on their website, not that it makes anything less confusing lol
JABU (killing sound, zhou)
EL KID (sam kidel)
KAHN (gorgon sound, baba yaga)
VESSEL (flexible ape, rei, baba yaga, killing sound, panther modern)
ISHAN SOUND (zhou)
ZHOU (ishan sound, jabu)
MANONMARS
NEEK (gorgon sound)
Here's how I think it is:

JABU is Amos Childs (production) and Alex Rendall (vocals). Zhou is Ishan Sound and Amos Childs, I think. Killing Sound is Amos Childs, Alex Rendall, Vessel and El Kid. Rest are fairly self explanatory.

User avatar
ultraspatial
Posts: 7818
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Bromania

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by ultraspatial » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:36 pm

speaking of the bristol scene, is immerse still active? had loads of good releases from el-kid, asusu, hodge, outboxx, arkist, among others

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:28 pm

garethom wrote:
Nevalo wrote:TRILLA JERMAINE TRILLOSKI
:a:

Not from Bristol.

Will knock you out if you say that again.
trilla :6:


agh, hes from round those ways so who cares.
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

User avatar
forbidden
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 pm
Location: whales vagina
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by forbidden » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:50 pm

ultraspatial wrote:speaking of the bristol scene, is immerse still active? had loads of good releases from el-kid, asusu, hodge, outboxx, arkist, among others
miss this label. last release was 2011 i think..really loved the forsaken release and the late release. if anyone knows late's soundcloud or fb i would greatly appreciate a link.

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by garethom » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Nevalo wrote:
garethom wrote:
Nevalo wrote:TRILLA JERMAINE TRILLOSKI
:a:

Not from Bristol.

Will knock you out if you say that again.
trilla :6:


agh, hes from round those ways so who cares.
Yeah, only 90 miles, just round the corner.

Begone
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 pm
Location: 81 nautical miles now from Columbia

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by Begone » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

difference wrote:if anyone knows late's soundcloud or fb i would greatly appreciate a link.
https://soundcloud.com/llatesounds

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by m8son666 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:22 am

nevalo ur gonna get a slap if u eva come brum
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
orangeluva56
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Atlantastan

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by orangeluva56 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:31 am

kahns crew is pretty good. even though they are kinda doing the old school grime ting
proud owner of Lurka's only big up
DiegoSapiens wrote:your sig makes me angry ffs^

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 am

m8son wrote:nevalo ur gonna get a slap if u eva come brum
why would i go to brum lol
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

User avatar
mIrReN
Posts: 5611
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Belgium, Bruges

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by mIrReN » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:29 am

to get slapped u pussy
"If your chest ain't rattlin it ain't happenin'" - DJ Pinch
"Move pples bodies and stimulate their minds"
we just ride the wave
Life sucks; Get used² it.

big up your mum

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:39 am

wut?
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

nousd
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:22 am
Location: approaching the flux pavillion

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by nousd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 am

so, here's the thing
tha best ds I've heard in the last few weeks
(thanks to Garage Pressure)
is Jubei & Consequence's Ungrounded )Metalheadz(

Now, even allowing for Cons' stripping the dnb panic as did Jackenzo
this constitutes a challenge to the Bristol crew
becos, lately,imo I haven't heard the depth & sustained rediscoverability of Appleblinm's Allstar mix
from the coops yet,
with Emptyset seeming more substantial &,
notwithstanding Pev's foundation influence,
IS and Zhou best repping bassweight.

Yes, I admit this is a challenge to the Bristol crews to give us an inspirational reworking.
Forget the post dubstep/bass music admission of idealessness
and deliver unto us, the steppa horde, some mind altering dubstep fellas.

I suspect samples, a la breakstep, will be the route
but wtf would I know, apart from what we like.
{*}

nousd
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:22 am
Location: approaching the flux pavillion

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by nousd » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:10 am

and I still wanna know
are you guys happy to be represented by that article?
inevitably, some of yu sounded like wankers
and others under-understood
which is what journalism does.

Any clarifications or rejections forthcoming?
{*}

User avatar
garethom
Posts: 13426
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Location: Birmz
Contact:

Re: influence of emerging Bristol crews

Post by garethom » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Nevalo wrote:
m8son wrote:nevalo ur gonna get a slap if u eva come brum
why would i go to brum lol
To visit trilla you utter mormon!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 83 guests