debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
- Posts: 715
- Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:30 pm
- Location: Olomouc (CZE)
The question's quite simple. So ... which do you prefer?
I'm leaving the topic wide open as there is lots of ways of looking at this matter.
I'd personally go for snares in general but of course there are tunes which are better off with claps.
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:19 pm
- Location: The Neverland Ranch
- Posts: 634
- Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:44 pm
a snare and a few claps are nice
two oh one
- Posts: 2786
- Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:30 am
- Location: Croydon ---> Los Angeles
I personally like tracks with 3 claps, 2 snares, then five more claps.
Ahier wrote: I like to push lego up cat bums
- Posts: 1726
- Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:32 pm
- Location: los angeles, ca
intro w/ claps then some snares... breakdown w/ claps. finish w/ snares
"Sometimes I do see people saggin, with dirty underwear, and it is indeed a sad thing."
- Posts: 11311
- Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:26 am
- Location: ATX
i like to slap the snare with my hand
- Posts: 796
- Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:02 pm
- Location: Chicago!
A nice snare and then applause all around.
- Posts: 314
- Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:11 am
- Posts: 5857
- Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:41 pm
- Location: Bristol & West Wales
- Posts: 2856
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:09 pm
- Location: syntax
i dont think i've ever used a clap in any tune...ever.
i sort of just dont like the sound of them really. they dont hold enough wait to them...
and alot of them don't sound like actual claps . imagine perfoming live and having someone clap..doesnt seem right. :/
i think i started disliking claps a few years ago when every other grime tune had the same beat.
"kick clap clap cla clap clap kick clap clap cla clap clap"
give me a dirty crunchy snare anytime.
- Posts: 1731
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:38 pm
- Location: London
Sorry but i think this thread is funny... Shank or a Nine, wank or shag, snout or zoot,think im gonna go for the zoot, then zone out to some riddims.
ps claps are a bit swag
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:30 pm
- Location: Bristol
I choose white noise through an envelope with short decay and release, smothered in cavernous reverb
- Posts: 5739
- Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:51 am
- Location: 13 Years 1 Love
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:02 pm
- Location: london
gunshots or nothing
Corpsey wrote:It's cos everything has to be 'filthy' and 'sickening' nowadays.
Back in the dayz we used to sit cross legged in a circle at DMZ and signal the DJ with joss sticks.
- Posts: 4314
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:03 am
- Location: I found my way out of the mine
a snare tht sounds like a clap
- Posts: 712
- Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 am
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 11:52 pm
the sound of slapping a lovely ladies bare behind
- Posts: 479
- Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:23 pm
- Location: London - British Empire
- Posts: 7132
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 9:46 pm
- Location: Lower Clapton Rd, Hackney
snare layered with a nice crisp clap.
Fuck this thread is dumb. wtf.
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:06 pm
- Location: CARMARTHEN, WALES
---- this thread is dumb. wtf.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests