Massive Philippines fundraiser raffle - huge vinyl prizes

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
pearsall

Massive Philippines fundraiser raffle - huge vinyl prizes

Post by pearsall » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

My mate runs the Vinyl Pimp record shop in Hackney and he's putting on a fundraising party/raffle to benefit the victims of the recent typhoon in the Philippines.

For the raffle prizes, he's managed to secure vinyl giveaways from a whole load of amazing bass music labels, including Deep Medi Musik (who've contributed 29 releases!), Hemlock, Swamp 81, Ninja Tune/Big Dada (12 releases, plus 20th anniversary book), Civil Music (every vinyl release in their whole catalogue!), Planet Mu (10 of their top releases from 2013), Warp, Hyperdub, and more.

The party is this Saturday at the Crate Brewery in Hackney Wick (see the full details here), with the following lineup:

Tim Exile (Live auction with audience for a jam session)
Ital Tek
Giles Smith (Secretsundaze)
Jerome Hill (Don't Recordings)
Bradley Zero Phillip (Principles)
Raj Chaudhuri (Bleep, Livin Proof)
Wotnot B2B jam (Deft, Manni Dee, Real, K15, ChessLo Junior, Alphabets Heaven)

However, you can enter the raffle without going to the party - all you have to do is buy a ticket via the Resident Advisor website.

If you want to check out more detail on the various vinyl prizes, I've collated them on my blog.

If you love vinyl and want to contribute to a good cause, this is pretty much a no-brainer. Please consider making a donation! (And going to the party if you are in London, of course)
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

the_disconekt

Re: Massive Philippines fundraiser raffle - huge vinyl prize

Post by the_disconekt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:13 pm

can people outside the UK enter this?

:Q:
https://soundcloud.com/disco-nekt
every other monday - EMP Radio 7pm EST
http://www.emp.cx

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Going to try and stop by the shop to get a few tickets. Cant make the actual party annoyingly.

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:31 pm

the_disconekt wrote:can people outside the UK enter this?

:Q:
yep! I live in Berlin and entered
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:31 am

Johnlenham wrote:Going to try and stop by the shop to get a few tickets. Cant make the actual party annoyingly.
yeah, me neither, as I left London a few months ago. looks like a wicked party :(
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

nerve

Post by nerve » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

Respect to all the labels for supporting the effort. Genuinely considerate of them. Aside from that, speculation should arise from the below quote:
sonicrampage.org/blog/2013/11/help-the-philippines-party-and-win-awesome-vinyl-goodies-at-the-same-time/ wrote:Mala + Steph just set a new bar for our Philippines Relief Fundraiser raffle. 29 pieces of the best from DEEP MEDi, from old rare classics to an EP that is not even out yet! One winner will take ALL!
"At our dance, no one's watching anyone really. They're just there in their own space having a good time... It's not like an old rave where everyone wants to come and hug you and be your friend. There's no moodiness. Not in our dance... It's just purely sound."

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:10 am

That means that one winner will take all of the Deep Medi pack - each of the packs is a separate prize.
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

nerve

Post by nerve » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 am

My focus is the unreleased EP.
"At our dance, no one's watching anyone really. They're just there in their own space having a good time... It's not like an old rave where everyone wants to come and hug you and be your friend. There's no moodiness. Not in our dance... It's just purely sound."

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 am

Ah! Well, I don't know what that is - I'll ask and see if it can be revealed.
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:57 pm

EMANCE wrote:My focus is the unreleased EP.
OK, apparently it's the Roni Size remix of 'Running Cold' by Swindle, which actually has just been released.
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

nerve

Post by nerve » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 pm

pearsall wrote:OK, apparently it's the Roni Size remix of 'Running Cold' by Swindle, which actually has just been released.
Not much of an EP if you ask me. No matter, those prizes are well worth the entry fee. Good luck everyone!