EXODUS: Bass To make your Belly Bruk!

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
skunkrock

Post by skunkrock » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:45 pm

jesus people love ranting

they couldn't let everyone in straight away as the main room wasn't open, so they let ticket holders into 2nd room first.

a rave becoming super popular is not the promoters or securitys fault, tickets are essential at busy raves, have one or lose out

datura

Post by datura » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:50 pm

boomphat wrote:hullo mr datura, secret ninjas inside.
not lurking though, strictly on skanking duty.
"At the workplace, you shouldn’t look at problems in a traditional way. There might be better solutions. Dare to be creative," is Wang’ archlord power leveling s advice."

Jubz

Post by Jubz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Turned up 10.30, queue was easily 200 deep and not moving so fucked off back to my mates house.

cogi

Post by cogi » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Anyone knows the bouncers there can be pricks, you just have to put up with them.

I think maybe the reason it gets less forum responses than a big london DMZ is because bare people reach exodus/subdub from leeds who aren't dubstep forum heads.

Wish I was at home for this, bet it was sick
70% Of People On Forums Are Donuts I Swear. Constantly Contradicting Themselves And Acting Like Sheep.

shook1

Post by shook1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Out to the picture of the back of my birds head.Haha.

It was top amazing, had to duck out at the end of N-Types set, would of loved to see the rest like.

At end of the day, getting in may of been a blag, but if you did get in, once your were in there, it was fucking vibes, always is!

Also big up the mc's on youngsta's set, you two were big. Youngstas set was to much aswell!

.rudetone.

Post by .rudetone. » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Absolutely wicked night as per usual...Same old same old thing of hench guys shoulder bargin your face off on the way past but a little brock out sorts it out and gives u room to move...Youngsta set the place totally on fire and the energy in that main room was unbelievable from then on...

Silkie rounded a brilliant night off perfectly with his selection...absolutely smashed it...and big up the lights on skankin massive once again.. :lol:

I can't believe i have only just got home....I need food and bed.

Maree-Jaine

Post by Maree-Jaine » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:02 am

Queued for 4...yes FOUR!...hours to get in. From 9.30pm until 1.30am.
I have never seen a queue like that at the West Indian Centre in 3 years! Proper sly people sneaking their way through from the back and being crushed against a barrier in the freezing cold while needing the toilet is NOT fun.

Missed Youngsta, Pinch and Cotti and Cluekid.

:(

Goth-Trad was amazing. The beautiful ambient noises that guy was making, alongside the massively huge bass was something worth waiting 4 hours for. He made the night worthwhile. :D Massive respect to that guy for bringing something new and well interesting and inspiring to Exodus. I actually pretty much raved for this set.

Silkie at the end was also amazing, some proper rolling tunes there. Didn't stop dancing.

Big night. Well well WELL too busy though.

(Queued for another 40 minutes at the end to get my bag out the cloakroom too.)

tappy tippon

Post by tappy tippon » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:18 am

wikid dance, system was soundin/feelin immense! my word........

nicemarmot

How things have changed...

Post by nicemarmot » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:26 am

Been out the loop for too long here in Wales to appreciate how much dubstep has grown.

First saw the mystikz back in 2005 in Jacks when I was one of about 5 people in the room. Caught them again in 2006 in Carmarthen - 100+ good crowd, room to skank.

Was up in Leeds at the weekend, spotted Exodus was on and decided to go with a few friends new to the scene. Got there at 11:30, figuring it went on to 5:00am so no need to get down early. What a queue. Taxis flying in from all over, maybe 400 people waiting outside. We gave up pretty quick soon realising it was going to be a long wait if we got in at all after chatting to some people with tickets who had been waiting a while.

Dissapointing, but hey we weren't prepared. Just didn't realise how massive the scene is right now. Luckily we jumped into a taxi to another dubstep night some mates had put in, so got some skanking in.

Phenomenal growth, big up all involved. But the only question is - what next? Can it grow to bigger clubs? It'd be shame to move away from venues like the WIC - perhaps ticket only events or maybe more regular nights that'll thin the crowd out?

dubagonal

Post by dubagonal » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:54 am

Absolutely HUGE night. Had to wait for 2 hours even though was on guestlist but totally worth it. Boucer at front gave me joke. You could tell he wasnt that serious, Good laugh. Great people. BIG boy tunes all night. Best Exodus yet.....just next time i'll make sure to order a ticket in advance and then wont have to spend so long standing in the cold...propa funny blazing zoots with bare people cushing you. Some sick jungle coming from the other room as well. N types set killed it and hearing Filth on that rig blew my head open. Ears still ringing today.

paolo

Post by paolo » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:02 pm

I left my house at half three on the Saturday, queued for about three hours to get in and spent about six hours hanging around in the station afterwards - and it was well worth it!! Best night out of my life so far no question, first time I've been dubsteppin in England and I'll defo be returning. All the DJs I saw were outfuckinstanding but Mala had to be the highlight, never seen him play before. That soundsystem was almost too loud I thought, amazed at how many folk weren't wearing earplugs. Pissed off tho that had to queue so long even though I was on the guestlist but Pinch is playing Glasgow in a couple of weeks so not too disappointed that I missed him
lowflyingowl wrote: Anyone know the running order?
Cotti and Cluekid
Pinch
Youngsta
Digital Mystikz
N-Type
Goth-Trad
Anti-Social
http://www.thehungersite.com
ckzdub wrote:no 1 fucking cares about ur oppinion go back to listening to ur soft ass homophobe. garage 2step medatative bullshit

dj heny.g
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by dj heny.g » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:01 pm

DMZ leeds is a dance and a half!

The best rave out there for our sound

And the best fucking system aswell

I must say, every dj killed it

and trads outta dis world wid dat live shit..

But i dont care if he's in my camp but ima still big im up,big up silkie coz man sum big people's music in dat place!

Respects going out 2 mark iration and simon subdub!
DJ Heny.G ''Arena 1'' & ''Retro Love'' Gangsta Boogie Music(GBM001) Out Now
DJ Heny.G ''Soul Is Born Through Pain'' , ''Colours'' & ''Charger'' 3.5 Records(henry007) Out Now
J:Kenzo ''Conqueror(DJ Heny.G Soul Remix)'' & ''Hardo Bread'' Soul Shakerz (SHKZ007)
AIM: djhenyg
Http://www.soundcloud.com/djhenyg

ramadanman

Post by ramadanman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:20 pm

mala and pinch's set! completely uncompromising and pure vibes!

wicked wicked night, iration system was sounding much better than normal i thought

thomas e. griffin

Post by thomas e. griffin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:26 pm

ramadanman wrote:mala and pinch's set! completely uncompromising and pure vibes!
True dat. And Youngsta's set was a lesson to anyone who thinks they can deejay. His mixing is flawless.
wicked wicked night, iration system was sounding much better than normal i thought
Depending on your location in the dance. It sounded mint down at the front left (especially with a little high end leak from the booth monitors) but it sounded really muddy and distorted nearer the bar.

pangaea

Post by pangaea » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:36 pm

i thought mala and silkie killed it. i hadn't seen an anti-social set before but some sick stuff was getting played, GREAT choice for last set

couldn't believe the queue when i rolled up at 10pm. i guess it can be a bit hit-and-miss as to who gets let in and when (tickets vs guestlists vs non-tickets) but i think your chances improve with a ticket in-hand! glad there was still some room in there too, kinda thought we'd all be like sardines come 'peak time', but i still found some space to move which was nice. smoking area was a bit rammo though!

big night, out to si scott and iration

ashley
Permanent Vacation

Re: EXODUS: Bass To make your Belly Bruk!

Post by ashley » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:41 pm

*Grand* wrote:fucking shame if you missed it... real shame.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Could have easily won guest pass on Youngstas show...

"which djs played before and after youngsta at the DMZ he last played at"

*flicks to getdarker gallery*

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ruckspin

Re: EXODUS: Bass To make your Belly Bruk!

Post by ruckspin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:54 pm

*Grand* wrote: Seriously there isn't no dance that is better than DMZ leeds. Not even DMZ in london.....
WORD

datura

Post by datura » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

thomas e. griffin wrote: Depending on your location in the dance. It sounded mint down at the front left (especially with a little high end leak from the booth monitors)
yeah, that's where i was most of the night
"At the workplace, you shouldn’t look at problems in a traditional way. There might be better solutions. Dare to be creative," is Wang’ archlord power leveling s advice."

ruckspin

Post by ruckspin » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

Toni wrote:Proper sly people sneaking their way through from the back
yeah it wasn't too busy it was just people being able to sneak in well easy and bouncers not doing their job properly (saw 5 girls pay bouncer backhanders to get them in... sly as fuck!)

apeks

Post by apeks » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:05 pm

[quote="Toni"]

Big night. Well well WELL too busy though.
quote]

Hmmm, see I'm really really looking forward to DMZ at mass on 1 march but I think its gonna be the same thing, SO many ppl are going, they might well have to use the main room i think. I'm sure getting in will be better organised though, windy centre is always a nightmare if there's a queue and yeah the bouncers are always on a proper power trip.