Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Darkness and Dubstep

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby daggus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:36 am

ozols man wrote:THE WORLD needs ur world in order to realise itself and save its self. YEH!

daggus

Postby ozols man » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 am

daggus wrote:
ozols man wrote:THE WORLD needs ur world in order to realise itself and save its self. YEH!

lol who is this woman? before anyone says anything

NO

im not a scientologist. im DJ ALEKS ZEN.

scientology TRIED to suck me in at central london about 2 years ago, but wot those bozos didnt understand is - i am darker then they can ever be.

cos i never tried to con anyone into giving me money. people give me money and give me things when they want. actually people give me alot of shit all the time.

simply because - I. DONT. WANT. ANYTHING.

I ONLY FEEL THE WORLD HAS TO BE SAVED. THATS WHY IM RANTING LIKE THIS. BUT IF UR READING THIS AND LIKING IT -

I KNOW YOU KNOW!

BECAUSE WOT U SECRETLY KNOW IS. LIFE IS LOVE. AND LIFE IS JOY. THATS THE FREQUENCY U NEED TO FUNCTION ON. U TRIED TO CONVINCE UR SELF ITS NOT.

IN OTHER WORDS, THE MAN TRIED TO CONVINCE U ITS NOT COS HES LOST AND HE WANTS TO BE SAVED. SO IF UR VERY RICH AND READING THIS U CAN GIVE ME MONEY -

BUT. I. DONT. WANT. UR MONEY. I ONLY WANT THE WORLD TO BE SAVED. SO IF I ASK TO BE FED. ULL GIVE ME WOT I NEED AND IN RETURN ILL SHOW U WOT REAL LOVE IS. GET ME?

im doing wot im doing right here right now because i have unconditional love for everyone.

im going to be one of the hardest djs about

cos i dont do wot i do for money

I DO MY MUSIC FOR YOU TO FEEL REAL LOVE AND REAL HATE. BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH TWO SIDES TO ONE COIN. AND THAT COIN "IS".

GET ME
ozols man

Postby epithet » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:14 am

ozols man wrote:
epithet wrote:
lay off the crack son

lol!!! i dont do drugs.

well then your parents must have done a shitload :P
epithet
Permanent Vacation

Postby djshiva » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:15 am

Corpsey wrote:
prisoner wrote:can't they be both?

Not in my genrereich they can't

LOL. corpsey FTW!
djshiva

Postby djshiva » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:24 am

sully_shanks wrote:
ozols man wrote:certain people who shall not be mentioned want to experience the real darkness but are from certain sections of society which have not granted them this pleasure, they dont know how the ghetto moves but are experiencing it to an extent from the dubstep which first came about.

now they are attempting to recontextualise this darkness into their society. some people may say "faux" darkness, but it is wot it is.

thats pretty poigniant...
hebdige (big subcultural writer) said a similar thing about the beatniks in the 50s - middle class guys saw poverty, speakeasies, jazz etc and romanticised the freedom of having very little in the material sense. so they chucked it all in and lived on the road, man. its a similar dynamic...
opposites attract...

well the funniest part about this is that those who strive for the darkness of "ghetto life" and poverty and other such difficult paths but would consider it a "pleasure" or something to aspire to are some seriously misled people. :/ darkness of that sort comes from a not-so-nice place and isn't really something to hold up as a goal, yanno?

the irony is that people walking difficult paths want to get out, and those who live in privelege seem to want to get in. strange, no?
djshiva

Postby djshiva » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:36 am

prisoner wrote:no kidding....

it's always about the contrasts for me.

those tunes with haunting strings and airy vocals.

or soothing melodies with rough breaks.

i think kode's tunes are almost always like this. same with mala's.

tension. i find tension between the elements to be a very attractive aspect of music.
djshiva

Postby daggus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:43 am

sapphic_beats wrote:the irony is that people walking difficult paths want to get out, and those who live in privelege seem to want to get in. strange, no?

good point it always looks more say glamourous(not the best word) lookin in than the actual reality of living in a ghetto or being trapped in shite situation.

Think Blackdown nailed it some of the best music stimulates a whole range of feelings light, dark & indifferent. Something with real depth to it that can't easily be catgorised.
daggus

Postby ozols man » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:48 am

sapphic_beats wrote:
sully_shanks wrote:
ozols man wrote:certain people who shall not be mentioned want to experience the real darkness but are from certain sections of society which have not granted them this pleasure, they dont know how the ghetto moves but are experiencing it to an extent from the dubstep which first came about.

now they are attempting to recontextualise this darkness into their society. some people may say "faux" darkness, but it is wot it is.

hebdige (big subcultural writer) said a similar thing about the beatniks in the 50s - middle class guys saw poverty, speakeasies, jazz etc and romanticised the freedom of having very little in the material sense. so they chucked it all in and lived on the road, man. its a similar dynamic...
opposites attract...

well the funniest part about this is that those who strive for the darkness of "ghetto life" and poverty and other such difficult paths but would consider it a "pleasure" or something to aspire to are some seriously misled people. :/ darkness of that sort comes from a not-so-nice place and isn't really something to hold up as a goal, yanno?

the irony is that people walking difficult paths want to get out, and those who live in privelege seem to want to get in. strange, no?

u see me. im from a priviliged back ground and im surrounded by socially unpriviliged people. but when i speak to a person i speak on their level.

wot u must understand right now is the world is being manipualted in an extreme way. but im going to help tear down the beast. cos the truth is we r all one and on one level, and these different cultures are competing to be harder then each other, and this competition is destroying the earth.

the truth is there is no competition cos we are all in one boat and we must learn to celebrate together. the truth is u dont need to drink or do drugs to be happy, because happiness is right now inside u.

DONT WATCH TV. IGNORE ADVERTS.

wot u must do is love unconditionally, every single person. some ppl might call ppl chavs or call other ppl posh or wotever. labels on human beings r created by the media and the media is the biggest lie of them all.

the media tells u to behave a certain way if u want money. money once again being another illusion. what u must understand is if u live love people protect u. right now because ive reached enlightenment i dont desire anything. peple desire me. so someone says to me come out aleks come out man!

and im like

i got to make a tune rudeboy!

but because they want me to come out because i show them love and make feel joy they will pay my way because they have money. so maybe i will come out and have a fun night. MAYBE I WILL GET PISSED! but learn u dont need to get pissed to have fun. learn that going to another world is something not to be attached to. it just is.

when u see a chick and u want to show her LOVE. move to her and show her love

lust will make her weary cos lust is the work of the devil. once u show love to everyone things will become alot easier

remember the GOD & DEVIL is going to make something new! but dont even attach ur self to this idea. just be.

nice one
ozols man

Postby epithet » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:57 am

ozols man wrote:u see me. im from a priviliged back ground and im surrounded by socially unpriviliged people. but when i speak to a person i speak on their level.

hahaha come down my selectah
epithet
Permanent Vacation

Postby bscorpio » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:16 am

jees some people sound like they need to chill out a lil. :wink: I think if the music moves you or makes your day better in some way then it's fucking good. I don't think social background prevents someone from creating any feeling in music. I think it's about being creative with what you've got. some have a lot and never have to push themselves and their stuff sounds mediocre, some have a little and make amazing stuff with what they have. But I think it can be both ways, maybe it's got to do with awareness, creativity and some kinda talent....I dunno. Just trying to keep an open mind on this one..... peace.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://myspace.com/brontascorpiodub
bscorpio

Postby mayorquimby » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:32 am

ozols man wrote:
sapphic_beats wrote:
sully_shanks wrote:

opposites attract...

u see me. im from a priviliged back ground and im surrounded by socially unpriviliged people. but when i speak to a person i speak on their level.

wot u must understand right now is the world is being manipualted in an extreme way. but im going to help tear down the beast. cos the truth is we r all one and on one level, and these different cultures are competing to be harder then each other, and this competition is destroying the earth.

the truth is there is no competition cos we are all in one boat and we must learn to celebrate together. the truth is u dont need to drink or do drugs to be happy, because happiness is right now inside u.

wot u must do is love unconditionally, every single person. some ppl might call ppl chavs or call other ppl posh or wotever. labels on human beings r created by the media and the media is the biggest lie of them all.

the media tells u to behave a certain way if u want money. money once again being another illusion. what u must understand is if u live love people protect u. right now because ive reached enlightenment i dont desire anything. peple desire me. so someone says to me come out aleks come out man!

and im like

but because they want me to come out because i show them love and make feel joy they will pay my way because they have money. so maybe i will come out and have a fun night. MAYBE I WILL GET PISSED! but learn u dont need to get pissed to have fun. learn that going to another world is something not to be attached to. it just is.

lust will make her weary cos lust is the work of the devil. once u show love to everyone things will become alot easier

remember the GOD & DEVIL is going to make something new! but dont even attach ur self to this idea. just be.

nice one

shutup you absolute cock.

good thread btw.
I'll fight anyone who disagrees.
mayorquimby

Postby prisoner » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:50 am

sapphic_beats wrote:

I think it's more like "look in" not necessarily "get in."

pretending is easy and doesn't have very many consequences.

I mean i really like tunes like 'gangsta for life' but i do kind of feel like a HUGE poser singing along to it as if i have any idea what being "gangsta for life" is like.

i should do a cover 'cept make it about what being scranny and wearing glasses for life is like....it would at least be authentic. ;)
prisoner

Postby shonky » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am

prisoner wrote:
sapphic_beats wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F39RS3I0D0Y

Jarvis knows :wink:
Hmm....

shonky

Postby ozols man » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:29 am

MayorQuimby wrote:
ozols man wrote:
sapphic_beats wrote:
sully_shanks wrote:

opposites attract...

and im like

nice one

shutup you absolute cock.

good thread btw.

listen brov.

maybe ur good at football but understand that it wont bring u love. bcos u r love.

i know im a cock.

because...

ur a chicken, and i love chicks! but u want to fuck chicks. cos ur a chicken! good luck mate!

8)
ozols man

Postby ozols man » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:33 am

LOL GANGSTA FOR LIFE!

I LOVED COKI (NO HOMO) THE FIRST TIME I HEARD HIS FREQUENCY!

BECAUSE HE MADE ME UNDERSTAND I WAS A GANGSTA.

ONLY U SEE ME DUBSTEPFORUM...

IM A RIGHTEOUS GANGSTA.

AND IM HERE TO HELP :D:

DEEJAYS SHOUT ME FOR TUNES!

BLESS
ozols man

Postby prisoner » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:50 am

Shonky wrote:
prisoner wrote:
sapphic_beats wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F39RS3I0D0Y

Jarvis knows :wink:

ahhh, yes.

great tune.

and a prisoner reference in the begining too...
prisoner

Postby ozols man » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:05 am

prisoner wrote:
sapphic_beats wrote:

BECAUSE THOSE WITH MONEY ARE ACTUALLY IN DESPAIR. HENCE THE RECESSION.

KNOW THAT THE WORLD "ECONOMY" IS CRUMBLING RIGHT NOW.

BUT DO NOT FEAR IT, SIMPLY MOVE INTO NOW AND AVOID "WORK" AT ALL COSTS.

THE MAN WILL OFFER U ALOT OF MONEY FOR UNRIGHTEOUS TASKS BUT NO THAT HIS MONEY WILL ONLY MAKE THE "NEW MOVEMENT" - HAPPENING RIGHT NOW - RESENT U.

HOWEVER IF U WANT TO TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN - UNDERSTAND THAT THE FACT THAT U WILL RUN INTO HIDING IS GOING TO MAKE UR MONEY WORTHLESS. THIS WILL GIVE U PEACE.

SO IF U WISH TO BE ENLIGHTENED NOW. USE THIS FREQUENCY IM TRANSLATING TO U "RIGHT NOW AND HERE".

IF U WISH TO SUFFER MORE - CARRY ON WhOReKING!

:lol:
ozols man

Postby nousd » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 am

sapphic_beats wrote: tension. i find tension between the elements to be a very attractive aspect of music.

relate to this as long as it's not me feeling tense from being bored

Alecs: I reckon a true gangsta doan shout. Tension builds from the victim leaning in to hear sparse, whispered words and we sense a dark future.
nousd

Postby ekaros » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:19 am

check out the 'Spearhead' tune on my myspace...
kinda dark one :D
http://ekaros.net dungeonStyle dubstep :)
ekaros

Postby Be-1ne » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Being brave and wading in 3 pages deep and over a year late, so here goes my 2pence worth.

This is a subject that I have been thinking about for a while. It is interesting how the context or meaning of words change. This is very apparent if you go through history and with an influx of new slang appearing, seemingly by the day. The change in meaning also reflects a changing in time.

One theory behind this is that today's generation of youth, lack the vocabulary to give any form of in-depth description. I cannot pin point a specific time this occurred, but through my job have seen this change happen for myself. With the advent of multimedia platforms becoming the ever present norm during the last 10 years. One thing that could be associated with this is a lack of, or in, reading skills. The ability to verbally express emotion comes from having acquired a suitable vocabulary to do so. Yet it appears more and more that is being lost. A major reason for this could be the increased use of slang on TV and the increased amount of audio people use for reference (youtube).

Example: One of the words that I come across more and more these past couple of years is 'hype'. Through my job this is often how individuals describe a piece of music. Yet when asked to break down what they mean by this they, 9 timeS out of 10, are unable to give a coherent answer.

p.s. guided to this thread from this brostep-t108874.html

With regard to the original point of the thread, for me, one of the best examples of a dark vibe being created in a tune with out the need for harsh or distorted sounds has to be Loefah's remix of 3rd Choice by Vex'd. Such a perfect blend of atmosphere and depth that makes you feel like you could immerse yourself in the music.
.com - Facebook - Twitter - Soundcloud - Juno Chart

Out Now ARE009 Digital (super ltd vinyl featuring my remix of Compa - Security)
http://soundcloud.com/area-recordings/be-1ne-dont-start-time-line
Be-1ne

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion