Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

My mate got mugged...

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows

Postby aleks zen » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:51 pm

yeh it might of been a dubstep night but just remember dubstep had its roots in grimey origins in a sense, so i dont see why everyone is so baffled like it wasnt going to happen... NOT SAYING it should happen tho, at all
*soundcloud.com/alekszen
*soundcloud.com/neonbounty
@alekszen @neonbounty
aleks zen

Postby spooKs » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:04 pm

yeah jst found it funny cos i don't understand how the club where the night is happening is the wrong place and the time of the dubstep night going on is the wrong time. :lol:
spooKs

Postby ozols man » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 pm

spooKs wrote:yeah jst found it funny cos i don't understand how the club where the night is happening is the wrong place and the time of the dubstep night going on is the wrong time. :lol:

lol i hear wot ur saying!
nah im just saying dubstep music isnt that kind of music which originated in rosie and jim land, lets put it that way. so the fact that crime might happen at a night is due to matters out of promoters / dj's hands... IMO at least
ozols man

Postby spooKs » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:24 pm

ozols man wrote:
spooKs wrote:yeah jst found it funny cos i don't understand how the club where the night is happening is the wrong place and the time of the dubstep night going on is the wrong time. :lol:

nah im just saying dubstep music isnt that kind of music which originated in rosie and jim land, lets put it that way. so the fact that crime might happen at a night is due to matters out of promoters / dj's hands... IMO at least

very true :)
spooKs

Postby evoh_1 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:13 pm

spooKs wrote:
ozols man wrote:

very true :)

actually i find dubstep nights a better crowd then most if i'm bumping into heads not a problem where as if it was a white shirt a stella night out i would be on my toes a bit more.
an infact crime that goes on at the night is the responsibility of the promoter if they are responsible for the security, simple as search people down, if you find a draw take it cos they've been too stupid to hide it proper. You don't want knifes in a dance imagine if someone got stabbed in your club or at your night forget getting a license.
evoh_1

Postby ytee » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:28 pm

that sucks....there's always a handful of pricks everywhere you go I suppose.
ytee

Postby BaronVon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 am

That shite, no need for trouble in a Rave.

Used to be bad in the old Jungle days, i saw people get shot in Leicester back in 1998 (Starlight 2001 if anyone knows it)

Only trouble i have ever had personaly is a local at Jungle raves in Notts (back in the day) trying to mug me for 50p :lol: :lol:
He was known as Renee the Gay Junglist. The MC'S even had lyrics about him and Jailhouse business a gwan :lol: :lol:
tr0tsky wrote:InI man nuh go to nah rasclot independent ethnic butchers seen.
Selassie-I man shop in Morrisons.
BaronVon

Postby tombone » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

i am responsible for representing Exodus in Leicester

this is awful, i wish i had been told about this on the night and we could have identified who did this....all i heard on the night was positive feedback off the crowd, and off the venue.

as far as security goes, i paid for 4 security staff on the night. one on the door, one in the foyer searching bags and people (obviously not well enough), one watching the dancefloor/stage/equipment area, and one patrolling the building. in addition to this i was on the door myself all night as was one of the owners of the venue. The soundguy (of venue, not of soundsystem) was also watching the dancefloor area all night.

this could have been a lot worse and am glad that it isn't. Theres obviously areas to improve on regarding security, which i can assure everyone will be sorted for next time on 23rd may.

one thing the venue does have is an excellent camera system so if the lad who was robbed can contact me then we can go through the footage of the night and at least identify the lads that were involved.

large nights, and soundsystems do attract some nutters wherever they are, but on a whole the leicester dubstep crowds have a really friendly atmosphere and everyone has a good time. i noticed people have posted that crime happens, and wrong place wrong time but this shouldn't have happened. ill be speaking to venue to tackle it.

Tom
tombone

Postby jackquinox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear of your friend getting a knife pulled on him and robbed this is never acceptable and some of these posts seem to be very critical of many aspects of the music and youth culture (grime, Class A drugs etc being mentioned) as opposed to the fact that there will always be a bad element in all places, lets face it robbery happens everywhere.

In fairness i do feel that people under any form of intoxication place themselves into a more vulnerable situation, i was held up at gun point in amsterdam during the day by a crack head most likely because i looked like a stoned english tourist (which indeed i was) but im sure it could just as easily have happened if i was sober and looked like a sober english tourist.

The lesson to be learnt from this is that security needs to be tighter and that as mentioned by the promoter your friend should go down to the venue review the cctv and make sure these rascals dont get away with it and learn that robbery is a criminal offence which is unacceptable in our society.
Pangaea wrote:DUBSTEP SERIOUSLY HARMS YOUR BANK BALANCE
jackquinox

Postby dreamizm » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm

ozols man wrote:

Big up rosie and jim land tho.
dreamizm

Postby jonnyrebel » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Tombone wrote:i am responsible for representing Exodus in Leicester

this is awful, i wish i had been told about this on the night and we could have identified who did this....all i heard on the night was positive feedback off the crowd, and off the venue.

as far as security goes, i paid for 4 security staff on the night. one on the door, one in the foyer searching bags and people (obviously not well enough), one watching the dancefloor/stage/equipment area, and one patrolling the building. in addition to this i was on the door myself all night as was one of the owners of the venue. The soundguy (of venue, not of soundsystem) was also watching the dancefloor area all night.

this could have been a lot worse and am glad that it isn't. Theres obviously areas to improve on regarding security, which i can assure everyone will be sorted for next time on 23rd may.

one thing the venue does have is an excellent camera system so if the lad who was robbed can contact me then we can go through the footage of the night and at least identify the lads that were involved.

large nights, and soundsystems do attract some nutters wherever they are, but on a whole the leicester dubstep crowds have a really friendly atmosphere and everyone has a good time. i noticed people have posted that crime happens, and wrong place wrong time but this shouldn't have happened. ill be speaking to venue to tackle it.

Tom

Cheers tom. I only found out about it after wed left sophbeck. Obviously you cant do much about attracting wankers but I did think security was a bit lacking and also quite aggressive and unfriendly. We tried asking a bouncer what he thought of the tunes and he just told us to go smoke away from him despite the fact we werent smoking... :?

Plastician will be great im sure, but thats going to be a grimey crowd no doubt.
jonnyrebel

Postby deeps » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Shit man this is fucked up.

I was there after 3ish and didnt notice anything happening around the dancefloor.

I have to say in general the night was good, Felis's set was the most impressive as usual, Cotti had some train wreck going on and Hatcha capped the night off with sum wicked tunes!
Heard Cluekid had chickenpox, what a shame was banking on seeing him play some toadstep.

Lets move on from this and to the next event with Plastic man and OJ (hopefully crime free).

Big ups to Tombone and Felis from the forum, was good to meet yerz!
deeps

Postby .rudetone. » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:32 pm

*edit*

Can't even be bothered to make the point i was going to.

Feel for the guy who got mugged, it aint nice.

Used to happen at the Windy in Leeds all the time, don't know whats changed since but it doesnt seem to happen so much anymore.
.rudetone.

Postby tombone » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:39 pm

i just hope people will continue to support the night.

jonny get your pal to call me, ill look at the camera footage with him.

for the next one, 2 security on door, 2 watching dancefloor/soundsystem area, one on balcony by the toilets, there will also be a toilet attendant in the toilets. myslef, the owner and the soundguy will also be on hand.

As far as bouncers attitude goes, over the years ive come to realise its part of their job description to maintain order! the two on the door were friendly enough i chatted with them all night and they were really into what was going on inside. there was even a surprise council inspection on the security staff that night and they were happy with the team of bouncers, then the 3 inspectors stayed for a little dance.
tombone

Postby kins83 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:00 pm

.rudetone. wrote:*edit*

Used to happen at the Windy in Leeds all the time, don't know whats changed since but it doesnt seem to happen so much anymore.

See I've always heard things about the W.I.C. but I've never ever actually seen anything. But yeah, gutted for the muggee.
Magma wrote:SNH is a genuinely necessary part of making sure I don't murder everyone in the building whilst muttering Flow Dan lyrics.

badger wrote:The panda's problem isn't man. The panda's problem is that it's utterly shit
kins83

Postby .rudetone. » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:24 pm

kins83 wrote:
.rudetone. wrote:*edit*

See I've always heard things about the W.I.C. but I've never ever actually seen anything. But yeah, gutted for the muggee.

I seen it happen a few times...its always been in summer when there's peeps outside all the time..all seems well these days though n i ALWAYS have a good night there whatever happens....large up the W.I.C. gang!!
.rudetone.

Postby matt the hat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:02 pm

A few of us came down for this event and had a proper good night, Its harsh that shit like this went down. Was it at the venue or the afterparty? As soon as we got there I couldn't believe the lax security, they seemed to be more bothered about ID than whether or not people were safe :o The crowd seemed like a very subdued nice bunch of folk tbh, I wouldnt have expected anything to kick off. I think a few of us got off on the wrong foot with some of the regulars which I hope nobody took to heart :lol: Mind you the mc ripped us to fuck! lol.

I recon with a couple more subs and some big chiefs on the door this will be a quality night for the future.

Peace and love.
matt the hat

Postby jonnyrebel » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 pm

il give give him your number tom, cheers, and vice versa, im sure hed appreciate a call! Im well imressed with your response to this btw, big up! Goes to show everyone involved in the scene really has got a great attitude.

The afterparty had a great atmosphere, great to see loads of bods from the main gig turn up and have it out! We even managed to get the sound system working properly for once!!

Also forget to say cheers to alecs from junglist alliance for the tunes, got some sick dubs. SAFE
jonnyrebel

Postby alex deadman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Big up to everyone involved on Fri especially Tom. We really enjoyed it. First outing for the Alliance Sound System and it was big with the only drawback being the high-end feedback coming from one of the decks. Yunx sorted it by tweaking things down a bit on the EQs.

Those same manz tried to jack me too. Went in toilets so I could hear someone on my phone. Was greeted by chief of the manz sayin something along the lines of 'Yo, don't show wave that phone in my face. I'll jack it'. (The phone was pinned to my head as it always is when I use it in public)
I laughed, held on to my phone and began to saunter out again. The runt of the pack blocked my way and simply said 'Deadman' in a sneery way (I'd never met him before) and gave me a sort of gone-out look. There was a short eye to eye staring match before I decided not to push my luck any further and left. I'm pretty sure I saw one of that same crew gettig lobbed out later for robbing off the bar.

Manz congregating in the toilets and getting into that whole lets grief or rob everyone who comes in is a common and normal problem that is easily sorted by security swooping in now and again and flushing out the wastemen.
R8004 - RSD - On Deck / Accepted - Out Now
R8005- Rogue State & Twisted - Logical Regression / Infect - Out Soon
alex deadman

Postby tacospheros » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:53 pm

lukki wrote:/\

HAHA THANK YOU!

All I want to know is what a fuckin class A is!!! lol

its the same as schedule 1 here.
wub wub wub wub wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

http://lucidbackflips.wordpress.com/
@tacosphere tweet tweet, muthafucka
tacospheros

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Previous

Return to General Discussion