Whats happening to FWD?

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
metalboxproducts

Post by metalboxproducts » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 am

howstrange wrote:cocaine eejits in shirts
Pretty much why i haven't been for about a year. lol
magma wrote: I must fellate you instantly."?
Close The Door available here vvvvvvvv
http://www.digital-tunes.net/labels/metalbox
http://www.myspace.com/metalboxproducts
every thursday 10-12 gmt

threnody
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by threnody » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:43 am

AmitG wrote:Whats gonna be happening at plastic people on Friday's from now?!
I heard geenius had a new funky night starting on a friday....i think Miss Bradshaw wrote that somewhere.
To book for a live/DJ please email threnody@threnody.co.uk

Releases on:-
Big Dada / Slime / Red Volume / Creative Space / Urban Graffiti / Dubkraft / Rottun / Combat / UK Trends / L2S / Furioso / Yellow Machines

http://www.threnody.co.uk
http://www.uktrendsmusic.co.uk

SUB FM - Thursday Night 10pm-12am

nesslei

Post by nesslei » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:03 am

datura wrote:Metalheadz Blue Note Sessions were on a Sunday..
i'm takin this show on the road.

www.twitter.com/nesslei
http://www.youtube.com/nessleii - ya get me!

concept_

Post by concept_ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:03 am

threnody wrote:
AmitG wrote:Whats gonna be happening at plastic people on Friday's from now?!
I heard geenius had a new funky night starting on a friday....i think Miss Bradshaw wrote that somewhere.
that's at essence, not PP.
Im not sure what PP are doing on Fridays- its a very reputable place, so am sure whatever they choose will be a good and proper alternative.

ufo over easy

Post by ufo over easy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 am

lol, beaten to it.
:d:

reso

Post by reso » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am

What about co-op on a sunday? Loved the vibes there,perfect for sundays.
Maybe FWD could get some of the co-op crew down, now THAT would be a sunday line up!!

blackdown
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

Post by blackdown » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 am

Bugz played FWD>> back in the day, when there was more broken/dubstep overlap. There was a time when Zed Bias, Jay Da, Landslide and Oris were all on this tip...
Keysound Recordings, Rinse FM, http://www.blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com, sub, edge, bars, groove, swing...

boy_arena

Post by boy_arena » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:25 am

Futureproof wrote:the move to sunday is going to make it near impossible for us non-londoners to reach and get back for work on monday :(
Exactly! gay as eggs this!!!

ramadanman

Post by ramadanman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 am

skream wrote:the main reason for this move were because alot of the pricks who were goin on a friday night who didnt care about the music, just came in because they see a cue outside and nowhere else to go.
i think the move to a sunday is wicked because the people who want to hear the music will be there and the people who aint interested wont.
they really can't please everyone. people were complaining loads when it was on fridays, now some people are complaining loads when its on a sunday! just maybe drink a bit less and duck out a bit earlier, and im sure you can get up at 7.30 on monday morning feeling wicked :D

elgato

Post by elgato » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 am

it could also be really positive for the music i reckon. it'll give big producers a place to experiment more freely again

powerpill

Post by powerpill » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:26 am

ramadanman wrote:get up at 7.30 on monday morning feeling wicked :D
this is not humanly possible

batfink

Post by batfink » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:35 am

can they move it to sunday lunchtime and start offering roast dinners? that'd be top banana.
is it?

NO.

concept_

Post by concept_ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:40 am

elgato wrote:it could also be really positive for the music i reckon. it'll give big producers a place to experiment more freely again
yea I hope tbe bookings are experimental in their approach to different sounds and genres- esepcially if they are big names, as the need to make the crowd "jump up" and react shouldn't be such a big issue for a Sunday night stage..

This might just be me, as I spend all night down the front right, but I always like going to PP as I feel there is a theatrical element to the sets as (at FWD especially) all energy and focus is concentrated to that one area at the front with the red light bathing the DJ literally guiding you in an otherwise pitch black room (firescapes need not apply ;)). I really like how the DJ is the centre of attention and isn't shoehorned into a dark corner- instead places centre stage flanked by a mighty system built around the bassbins. However, there is still a personal aspect as the DJ is on the same level and you can see exactly what they are doing- for example I know plastician aint checking no emails on that laptop 8), only dropping banger after banger on serato... I've seriously digressed, absorbed in my own thoughts :? , but I guess what I am trying to say is FWD is a great "stage" to experiment and showcase new material. As dubstep grows and evolves even more, I think it is important that the genre has an established night like FWD to showcase new directions and new sounds from both existing and upcoming DJs and producers.

With this in mind, got nothing but praise for the Sunday move and the (good) consequences that will come from it.

jera

Post by jera » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:40 am

If i lived in London I'd think it would a great idea. I love going out on a sunday, a really nice end to the weekend, rather than just staying in bed all day.
I might have to book a monday off n have a long weekend in London.

dubluke
Location: anyplace that would provide good shelter during a zombie invasion

Post by dubluke » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:19 pm

sunday vibes are brilliant, just look at boom & skips weight watchers, i'd mark that as one of the best nights i've been to!
gwa wrote:apparently i fell into the fridge and shouted really loudly 'RIGHT, IM OFF TO GO FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF ME LASS NOW MUM, SHUT YER DOOR'
"ketchup sounds for ketchup people"

necta selecta

Post by necta selecta » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:19 pm

boy_arena wrote:
Futureproof wrote:the move to sunday is going to make it near impossible for us non-londoners to reach and get back for work on monday :(
Exactly! gay as eggs this!!!
ok, don't shoot the messenger here but unfortunately it's your job (or the fact that you have to be there on a monday) that's gay as eggs here, not fwd!

way better to move it to sunday than say a diffent (bigger!) venue on a friday i.m.o! (imagine the uproar!)

if you really want to be there you'll find a way - bank holidays / booking time off / sickys etc - surely if you don't live in London you weren't there every weekend anyway ?

jonrust

Post by jonrust » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Sometimes you need to prune things back in order to help them grow.

I remember FWD on Thursdays... work after that was a mission.

But Sundays are different... for a start, they finish earlier. I used to go Co-Op from time to time and it was a lovely way to end up the week.

Who knows... the sunday vibes might take the music in different directions.

kastor

Post by kastor » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:46 pm

elgato wrote: it could also be really positive for the music i reckon. it'll give big producers a place to experiment more freely again

this and some more
http://www.untitledantwerp.com
Untitled! Radio bi-weekly Monday on SubFm.com

slothrop

Post by slothrop » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Be grateful it's not like some of the places in germany that only get started at 4am on a tuesday to make sure that if you're going clubbing there you're fucking serious about it...
Last edited by slothrop on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metalboxproducts

Post by metalboxproducts » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:15 pm

I feel nothing but positivity about this. Can't wait for the first sunday session. :5:
magma wrote: I must fellate you instantly."?
Close The Door available here vvvvvvvv
http://www.digital-tunes.net/labels/metalbox
http://www.myspace.com/metalboxproducts
every thursday 10-12 gmt