World Cup Thread

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
boomnoise

Post by boomnoise » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:51 pm

ifp wrote:at least now weve got rid of sven, hopefully mclaren wont be such a total fuck up...
can england play any more like boro?

Jubz

Post by Jubz » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:02 pm

threnody wrote:
Distinction wrote:Whist been quite drunk, overly excited and wrapped up in the whole thing I flung a fist up in the air to portray my anger and accidently thumped this pretty young lady who was in front of me. She turned around holding her head and using my quick wit and precision I casually pointed at the guy stood next to me who got an absolute ear full and a few full palms across his face.

:D

I doubt she will be reading this somehow but Im sorry lady it was an accident!!!
ha ha ha...we've all been there. I jumped up at the penalty and accidently knocked my chair over right into the path of a bruiser returning from the bar with 3 pints! Que him on the floor with 3 pints soaking him...only a huge apology and a generous round from me avoided a kicking!

Needless to say i left pretty promptly.
LOL. My mate sat on the fire extinguisher during the footy, luckily it was only a water one and did a good job of cooling a few peoples legs down!

boomnoise

Post by boomnoise » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Beckham's resigned as captain, thank fuck.

sybian

Post by sybian » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:35 pm

JAGGI wrote:Forza Italia!
(big up italy)
u can't say that anymore my friend...is a name of a half-izan italian party
:evil:

the bastard stolen us even the sporty thing that could join allmost everyone here....

six_foot_dooze

Post by six_foot_dooze » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:00 am

im sorry my italian friend, but not only is italy gonna be defeated, they will outplayed in every sense of the word football, not only has italy shown more up's and dwn's than my old yoyo, but they have proved they are no longer a dominant force within world football as recent viewings have proved. Brazil have all the fame, but where did it go? in my eyes the teams in the semi's should be: Germany- who've played brilliant since game 1 and showed gr8 comebk skills against argentina, Argentina- who've also played very well, Spain- who derserve to be there due to thier performances and up and coming side and who could forget the orange crew...aka Holland- who've shown they've come a million miles since 1998 who a youthful and attacking squad....

England- well we all understand dissapointment i guess, but played very well this world cup

France- maybe be lucky to have been in the semi's? but credit to them cause they tore brazil apart! com'on Zi Zi! they've peaked at the right time.

Portugal- never liked them, a bunch of divin' beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppp.

they have been so many underdog teams who have countless chances against these big teams but unfortunatly the side with the better rep has always managed to score and win...Ghana, Ivory Coast, Austrialia....unlucky....nice italian divin made them go out.

Okay im sound like a footie pundit...lol

See every1 at DMZ :D

ifp

Post by ifp » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 am

six_foot_dooze wrote:England- well we all understand dissapointment i guess, but played very well this world cup
were you watchin the same england i was?

and france were awful in the group stages but they tore up spain... i reckon theyll win it, france germany final, 2-1

paulie

Post by paulie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:42 am

six_foot_dooze wrote:England- well we all understand dissapointment i guess, but played very well this world cup
Um... no.

six_foot_dooze

Post by six_foot_dooze » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:34 pm

wot i meant to say wasss....in terms of england playin well, although they didnt look like the england of wc1998 or wc2002, they still managed to get 7 points in da groups stages, would have been 9 but for some lack luster defending it messed it up. to have 10 men for like an hr and lose on pen is a good thing cos it shows england can still play and sometimes outplay the other teams easily, there was no real major sparkle for any member of the english squad, maybe that could have let the side dwn....it was owen in wc1998, rio played excellent in 2002, but no1 shined this yr..... lamps completely screwed it dis yr, most chances in da wc , 0 goals....

jaggi

Post by jaggi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:03 pm

Sybian wrote:
JAGGI wrote:Forza Italia!
(big up italy)
u can't say that anymore my friend...is a name of a half-izan italian party
:evil:

the bastard stolen us even the sporty thing that could join allmost everyone here....
I guess I'll just stick with cheering the 'Azzurri' then.
:v:
six_foot_dooze wrote:
im sorry my italian friend, but not only is italy gonna be defeated, they will outplayed in every sense of the word football, not only has italy shown more up's and dwn's than my old yoyo, but they have proved they are no longer a dominant force within world football as recent viewings have proved.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/h ... GER&cl=all

Yeah this World Cup has been extremely unpredictable, but if history gives any indication of today's game... then I wouldn't be putting my money on the Germans.

dnmk

Post by dnmk » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Oh my god.
All these history bla bla and Mussolini and and and...it sucks!

The british mass media is a shame. when I read articles 'bout germany in the british press, I never know if I should cry or laugh. Yeah, keep the bad vibes alive. This is very important and we have no other problems in Europe.
Over here in Germany there are a lot of people which were with England during their last game.
The Cup is in our country!!! Got me.

Forza Italia - sure! Forza boring football.

One of the most stupid comments over here:

<Yeah this World Cup has been extremely unpredictable, but if history gives any indication of today's game... then I wouldn't be putting my money on the Germans. >
Music is one of the two most important reasons to keep the human being alive!

paulie

Post by paulie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:38 pm

Germany vs France in the final, Germany to win on pens.

dubweiser

Post by dubweiser » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:40 pm

six_foot_dooze wrote:im sorry my italian friend, but not only is italy gonna be defeated, they will outplayed in every sense of the word football, not only has italy shown more up's and dwn's than my old yoyo, but they have proved they are no longer a dominant force within world football as recent viewings have proved. Brazil have all the fame, but where did it go? in my eyes the teams in the semi's should be: Germany- who've played brilliant since game 1 and showed gr8 comebk skills against argentina, Argentina- who've also played very well, Spain- who derserve to be there due to thier performances and up and coming side and who could forget the orange crew...aka Holland- who've shown they've come a million miles since 1998 who a youthful and attacking squad....

England- well we all understand dissapointment i guess, but played very well this world cup

France- maybe be lucky to have been in the semi's? but credit to them cause they tore brazil apart! com'on Zi Zi! they've peaked at the right time.

Portugal- never liked them, a bunch of divin' beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppp.

they have been so many underdog teams who have countless chances against these big teams but unfortunatly the side with the better rep has always managed to score and win...Ghana, Ivory Coast, Austrialia....unlucky....nice italian divin made them go out.

Okay im sound like a footie pundit...lol

See every1 at DMZ :D
Italy is more about having a good defense and making results, it's irrelevant if they play well or not.
Maybe you'll have a surprise. :wink:

m9918868

Post by m9918868 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:05 pm

I'm quite fed up with reading the bad press on Italy. Esp. the german press (Der Spiegel) was plain childish. Accusing the Italians of having put pressure on the Fifa to expell Frings was quite ignorant as well. Like if Italy would still have the power to exert pressure after the scandals tearing up their premier league.

Seems like Germany is yet seeking excuses for a potential loss tonight. Shame, because they're displaying the most innovative football Germany showed in years. Don't know if that will do though.

marsyas

Post by marsyas » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:45 pm

france v italy

jaggi

Post by jaggi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:23 pm

dnmk wrote:Oh my god.
All these history bla bla and Mussolini and and and...it sucks!

obiwan

Glad

Post by obiwan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:30 pm

I'm glad England lost. For three very important reasons

a) They were shit.

b)Blair would have cashed in on the feel good factor and would have been able to send more troops to Iraq from under our very noses.

c)The other European fans have a neo-izan hooligan contingent now, but we pioneered that combination. People overheard England fans singing "I'd rather be a paki than a black". Polish and Russian hooligans actually admire the British for being the first, even though they'd kick the absolute shit out of us these days!
Last edited by obiwan on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 New Tunes Up On The Top Myspace Address!!!

> http://www.myspace.com/dubfarma <
http://www.myspace.com/bigbenlondon

sonofrave

Post by sonofrave » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:45 pm

:o Rah that really was some rant!!! Hope you feel better now you have got that offyour chest, now go and roll yourself a spliff and chill- remember its only a game! :roll:
Also you can't really group all the Polish people as one. During the second world war many Polish soldiers fought along side British soldiers and there was a huge resistance movement that fought against the izan's and Hitler slaughtered thousand of innocent Poles.

paulie

Post by paulie » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:46 pm

^ :D

spaceboy

Re: Glad

Post by spaceboy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:03 pm

obIwan wrote:Firstly I would just like to say respect to Portugal for their left-wing government, their legalisation of five grams of hash and their wicked bacalao. but if that cheeky little, arrogant, greasy haired, red cheeked like he's just had a wank, rapist, diving little prick C Ronaldo tries to come back to Man Utd I will personally bottle him. The combination of his schoolboy error in protesting to the ref about Rooney "Miss! Sir! give him a red, he trod on my friends balls" and his stupid face just after he scored the penalty, still haunts my dreams and will for years to come, on the other hand...

I'm glad England lost. For three very important reasons

a) We were shit.

b)Blair would have cashed in on the feel good factor and would have been able to send more troops to Iraq from under our very noses.

c)The other European fans have a neo-izan hooligan contingent now, but we pioneered that combination. People overheard England fans singing "I'd rather be a paki than a black". Polish and Russian hooligans actually admire the British for being the first, even though they'd kick the absolute shit out of us these days!

Which reminds me, why are there so many Polish in this country now, just because they're in the EU. Caribbeans and people from the Indian sub-continent have a real job (no pun) trying to get into/find work in Britain, and they did more for this country than the Polish ever did/will, not to mention were part of our non-compensated bloody evil empire, and fought in both world wars on our side! The Polish also have neo sizan in their government so you can't tell me that some of the economic migrants coming here won't have izan views. Fuck worrying about fundamental muslims, its Polish sizan I can't stand, what a stupid idea, they were invaded by the sizan! Blair is a fucking traitor. All the Poles will do, at the least, is make money from this country and leach it out. Caribbeans and Asians at least stick around, and we fucking owe them for slavery/colonialism/backing us up against Germany/Italy/Japan anyway!!!

Backing u up you know...as if we had a choice in the matter or any matter you bring up so fervently. How bout u get off your lazy whiteboy arse and work as hard as us "immigrants" you may get somewhere in life.

U chat bare shit mate.
The World is YOURZ

ozeb

Post by ozeb » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:08 pm

I thought I clicked on a football thread?