DMZ releases...getting hold of them

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
torch
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 am

DMZ releases...getting hold of them

Post by torch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:00 pm

due to being skint at various times i missed 005 and 007 (5 is probably my fave aswell). neverland gives me pure flashbacks of last summer.
please help a man complete his collection so that he can feel well again!

anyone know where i could track em down or are they completely long gone? if so, any plans to repress? saaafe

User avatar
thinking
Posts: 4753
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Bristal
Contact:

Post by thinking » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:04 pm

I guesss keep an eye on ebay, gemm, places like that. I very much doubt many peeps will have bought doubles with the intention of selling their spares tbh.

I might from now on tho, jesus people sleep on these sometimes. :D
BLACK BOX & BOX CLEVER

Image
paulie wrote:Thinking >>>> everyone else on this forum.

aemaeth
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:05 am
Location: Reading, Berkshire

Re: DMZ releases...getting hold of them

Post by aemaeth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:28 pm

torch wrote:due to being skint at various times i missed 005 and 007 (5 is probably my fave aswell). neverland gives me pure flashbacks of last summer.
please help a man complete his collection so that he can feel well again!

anyone know where i could track em down or are they completely long gone? if so, any plans to repress? saaafe
I'm in the same boat mate, if you do find anywhere please let me know. I will keep looking as well.

User avatar
joseph-j
Posts: 969
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:40 pm
Location: LDN E17

Post by joseph-j » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:34 pm

I reckon DMZ could make a killing out of represses..... c'mon!

deapoh
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:17 pm
Contact:

Post by deapoh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:50 pm

I need 001, 003 and 004.

I also need the big apple releases.
Image

User avatar
thinking
Posts: 4753
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Bristal
Contact:

Post by thinking » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:52 pm

man independance have had the BAM stuff in for time, or at least they did a lil while back.

I don't own DMZ004, cos I'm not actually that into it personally. Bit of a crapper having a gap in the collection tho. :(
BLACK BOX & BOX CLEVER

Image
paulie wrote:Thinking >>>> everyone else on this forum.

torch
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 am

Post by torch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:13 pm

yeah independance had the big apple last time i was in..no such luck with these 2 though.
@ thinking, hehe true...i love officer myself, wasn't so into ancient memories but i bought it still, it's just gotta be done! dmz is one of those rare labels where i will buy each one on sight (if i have the money :( ). i'd compare it to the 4 hero tom n jerry series from years back for those who remember. every release innovative,high quality and stupidly heavy! just buy and don't fuck about!

User avatar
DeepThought
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Amsterdam via UK Deep South West
Contact:

Post by DeepThought » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:15 pm

got all of em.. (and the big apples too) :P
torch wrote:due to being skint at various times i missed 005 and 007
looks like they got 007 here
http://www.switchrec.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1891

and rough trade say theyve got it too
http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_det ... sku=269425

User avatar
DeepThought
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Amsterdam via UK Deep South West
Contact:

Post by DeepThought » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:17 pm

and they might have 004, 005 and 007 here still..
http://www.showponymusic.com.au/spm/sea ... iteria=dmz
Last edited by DeepThought on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DeepThought
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Amsterdam via UK Deep South West
Contact:

Post by DeepThought » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:18 pm

but maybe ask em first before you buy!

User avatar
skrapes
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: W4 La La Land

Post by skrapes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:18 pm

DeepThought wrote:got all of em.. (and the big apples too) :P
torch wrote:due to being skint at various times i missed 005 and 007
looks like they got 007 here
http://www.switchrec.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1891

and rough trade say theyve got it too
http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_det ... sku=269425
Rough Trade list loads of records they don't have in stock.
When The Drum Beats Go Like This.....
http://www.myspace.com/skrapes

smurf
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by smurf » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:19 pm

torch wrote:yeah independance had the big apple last time i was in..no such luck with these 2 though.
@ thinking, hehe true...i love officer myself, wasn't so into ancient memories but i bought it still, it's just gotta be done! dmz is one of those rare labels where i will buy each one on sight (if i have the money :( ). i'd compare it to the 4 hero tom n jerry series from years back for those who remember. every release innovative,high quality and stupidly heavy! just buy and don't fuck about!
bo! you know this about tom and jerry, wicked releases, everyone of them. im still trying to track them all down, but i think i have 6 or 7 now (there were 12 all together). you oldskool then? were you back in 93/94?

aint missioned it down to independence yet, is it worth going? do they stock loads of rare shit thats hard to get hold of online? i hear its the shrine of dubstep.

User avatar
DeepThought
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Amsterdam via UK Deep South West
Contact:

Post by DeepThought » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:19 pm

Skrapes wrote:Rough Trade list loads of records they don't have in stock.
yeah had a feelin they did, but yr never know..

User avatar
gravious
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:15 pm
Location: The Side of The Clyde
Contact:

Post by gravious » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:27 pm

I got doubles of DMZ004 by accident, so if anyone is desparate for it drop me a PM...

EDIT: Sorry, gone now!
Last edited by gravious on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deapoh
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:17 pm
Contact:

Post by deapoh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:32 pm

Anywhere to get 002 and 003? Thats what I'm missing soz!
Image

torch
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 am

Post by torch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Smurf wrote:
bo! you know this about tom and jerry, wicked releases, everyone of them. im still trying to track them all down, but i think i have 6 or 7 now (there were 12 all together). you oldskool then? were you back in 93/94?

aint missioned it down to independence yet, is it worth going? do they stock loads of rare shit thats hard to get hold of online? i hear its the shrine of dubstep.
yes sir! i have all the tom n jerry's, took me a while to get the odd missing ones but i managed to a few years ago! 4 hero made music like nobody else back then, so much soul and vibes. summer 93 was when i got led astray :lol: ,how bout you?
independance is heavy, i used to live 10 mins walk away and go regularly but since i moved it's mostly their site i use. one of those shops you go in wanting to spewnd a tenner and come out with 2 bags full!

User avatar
skrapes
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: W4 La La Land

Post by skrapes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Deapoh wrote:Anywhere to get 002 and 003? Thats what I'm missing soz!
I need 001-003, and I can't find them anywhere. It gonna be a second-hand job for sure. Ebay is the only place I've seen them, and they go for silly money.

Got the Pathways EP today though. So that's one I can knock off my 'wants' list. Also found Kode 9 - Kingstown. Bonza!!
When The Drum Beats Go Like This.....
http://www.myspace.com/skrapes

smurf
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by smurf » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:53 pm

torch wrote:
Smurf wrote:
bo! you know this about tom and jerry, wicked releases, everyone of them. im still trying to track them all down, but i think i have 6 or 7 now (there were 12 all together). you oldskool then? were you back in 93/94?

aint missioned it down to independence yet, is it worth going? do they stock loads of rare shit thats hard to get hold of online? i hear its the shrine of dubstep.
yes sir! i have all the tom n jerry's, took me a while to get the odd missing ones but i managed to a few years ago! 4 hero made music like nobody else back then, so much soul and vibes. summer 93 was when i got led astray :lol: ,how bout you?
independance is heavy, i used to live 10 mins walk away and go regularly but since i moved it's mostly their site i use. one of those shops you go in wanting to spewnd a tenner and come out with 2 bags full!
i wish i was there, im 19 so i was 6/7 then :o . i started mixing hardcore and jungle 3/4 years ago. the stuff on basement, lucky spin, dee jay & legend are pure class. only problem is that its expensive to buy

torch
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 am

Post by torch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:02 pm

lucky spin & deejay - 2 of my fave labels! crystl, orca, voyager etc. i always thought lucky spin records sound like underwater jungle...from the depths of some deep sea forest!

sausmatoe
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:17 pm

Post by sausmatoe » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:57 pm

I'd kill for a copy of goat stare :o

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests