DOWNBEAT 016 - MR. PSIK - JAM / WHYso (breaks/dubstep-ish)

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
ceos

DOWNBEAT 016 - MR. PSIK - JAM / WHYso (breaks/dubstep-ish)

Post by ceos » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:00 am

DOWNBEAT 016

From the producer who brought us the massive track, USAnus. We are proud to present the brand new single from the man known as Mr. Psik.

A: Mr. Psik – Jam
CLIP: http://downbeatproductions.com/mr.%20psik/jam.mp3

A Steel drum played intro that ends off just to start the body into some massive double drop action, this intro is designed to cause movement with no downtime. This is a big, aggressive, thumping, raw in your face type of track with lots of drive. Many elements play off one another in the drums, showing great production skill and thought. The bass line is always morphing and stomping along tying things together with pure unrelentless damage. Monstrous melodies, bass devastation and drive make this one hell of a stand out track with a sound all its own.

AA: Mr. Psik – WHYso
CLIP: http://downbeatproductions.com/mr.%20psik/whyso.mp3

With our first dubstep-ish, abstract beat explosion at hand, it’s safe to say that this one is setting the marker high. Starting off with a warm throbbing bassline, the tune continues into some moody elements before the toughness comes back in. The drums are setting the pace with their clanging sound as the organ get’s played over top. Watch out though, this tune opens up large as the track lets the bass come rushing back in. Stomping bassline with a slew of drum edits, fills and chops, this one will have your full attention. Settling back down, you get a stabby, cut up affair before jumping back in killing it on the last half of the track while the drums go fuckin mental and all goes to hell.

Release Date: Jan 12th

Jam, the title is a reference to what I suppose you would call jelly. Which was a metaphor for girlfriend head fucking and period haha (I mean mentally not actually fucking her in the head, which,... I digress.)HAHA!

Webby: www.Downbeatproductions.com / www.myspace.com/downbeatproductions1
Artwork: www.diegocanneto.com
Shops: www.beatport.com / www.downbeat.addictech.com / www.junodownload.com / www.streetwisedigital.co.uk

g.h.

Post by g.h. » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:03 am

Both quality tunes.

p-roc

Post by p-roc » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:21 pm

You need to see Tom play out. Gas mask!
Representing the ReDub party guerillas

spooKs

Post by spooKs » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:26 pm

sounds pretty sick, i've got a Mr Psik whitelabel with dirty breaks bootlegs of The Specials' Ghost Town and Michael Jackson's Beat It, one of the only breaks joints i still keep around.

ceos

Post by ceos » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Nice on the feedback. More from Mr Psik in the New Year.

downbeat

Post by downbeat » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:59 pm

Solid tunes from Mr Psik! More dub to come in 09!

mechabot 01

Post by mechabot 01 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Big release ROb!

ceos

Post by ceos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:47 am

thanks broski.