shameless self promotion on this forum is getting very dull

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
Locked
reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

shameless self promotion on this forum is getting very dull

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:06 am

continually bumping threads that no-one seems to really care about and getting the same old faces to engage in mindless self gratifying discussions just to keep the thread in people's faces

worst of all jumping on every fucking thread when a newcomer who has only just heard of dubstep wants some pointers and showing them the tune you are currently spamming when they might never have even heard of mala or whoever else

i'm getting sick of it, if the tune's good people will discuss it - shameless self promotion shouldn't be allowed and is against the rules

isn't it?

EDIT: O yeah of course if done tastefully self promotion is a vital part of this forum, i am talking about when people TAKE THE PISS

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 am

for the vast majority on here, no-ones going to do their promtions for them

what exactly do you mean by, take the piss?

ive never posted a track in this part of the forum, but i am about to bump one of my threads

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:35 am

darkmatterUK wrote:for the vast majority on here, no-ones going to do their promtions for them

what exactly do you mean by, take the piss?
see the rules on spamming

"excessive self promotion"

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:35 am

also hijacking discussions

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 am

sorry i wasnt trying to hijack the discussion, just wondered what you meant, people over bumping their threads, posting in wrong places whatever

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 am

sorry i didnt mean you were hijacking the discussion - didnt mean it to come across that way

i meant thats one of the things that takes the piss - like i said before when a total newcomer to the forum want advice about what dubstep is good cos they've only just heard of it and they get a load of spam when it would have been more honest to say for example have you heard joker, anti social, digital mystikz etc (insert any other consistent prolific and respected producers)?

yeah excessive bumping is really annoying too cos it just clogs up the topics

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:46 am

certain people have been doing it a lot and i was really just trying to say - is this within the rules?

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:49 am

yea i see what you mean now. in an ideal world, newcomers would read the stickies, and there would be no more "how do i wobble" threads :)

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 am

darkmatterUK wrote:yea i see what you mean now. in an ideal world, newcomers would read the stickies, and there would be no more "how do i wobble" threads :)
i agree but that wasn't what i meant

newcomers are asking for advice on what is good dubstep and in some cases they end up with a load of shameless spam pointing to some pretty average music from people desperate to promote themselves

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 am

Reptilian wrote:
darkmatterUK wrote:yea i see what you mean now. in an ideal world, newcomers would read the stickies, and there would be no more "how do i wobble" threads :)
i agree but that wasn't what i meant

newcomers are asking for advice on what is good dubstep and in some cases they end up with a load of shameless spam pointing to some pretty average music from people desperate to promote themselves
i'll hold my hands up because ive been guilty of that once quite recently, and i do agree with you, its not something i like to do, but felt it appropriate to the thread in qustion at the time

deamonds
Posts: 11392
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 pm
Contact:

Post by deamonds » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am

lol @ the moaners on this board

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:03 am

deamonds wrote:lol @ the moaners on this board
hey man lol, im in quite the jolly mood today, im not moaning about anything, surprising really as ive not slept for like 30 odd hours or so -w-

deamonds
Posts: 11392
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 pm
Contact:

Post by deamonds » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 am

darkmatterUK wrote:
deamonds wrote:lol @ the moaners on this board
hey man lol, im in quite the jolly mood today, im not moaning about anything, surprising really as ive not slept for like 30 odd hours or so -w-
not you boss..

to the people who moan about shit on this board, if you dont like it, you know what you can do dontcha!!

User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Post by Dead Rats » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 am

I don't see whats wrong with an artist trying to promote themselves and bumping threads, because alot of the time people won't even bother to scroll to the bottom of the page, letalone click 'page 2'.
Image

User avatar
alien pimp
Posts: 5739
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:51 am
Location: 13 Years 1 Love
Contact:

Post by alien pimp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 am

maybe less blah threads would help cool threads need less bumps

which reminds me to bump the Grinch release, where's the fekkin link...?
ADULT BASS MUSIC VOL. 1 - MIDTEMPO + UPTEMPO EDITIONS - OUT NOW!

Soundcloud
Soundcloud
http://dubkraftrecords.com
http://silviucostinescu.info

blackdown
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Posts: 2351
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm
Location: LDN
Contact:

Post by blackdown » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 am

does my nut in. some people are shameless, like that caspa album thread where everyone is linking to their air releases. do you think the guy who started the thread wanted to be spammed? nah he wanted info on the caspa album...
Keysound Recordings, Rinse FM, http://www.blackdownsoundboy.blogspot.com, sub, edge, bars, groove, swing...

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 am

deamonds wrote:
darkmatterUK wrote:
deamonds wrote:lol @ the moaners on this board
hey man lol, im in quite the jolly mood today, im not moaning about anything, surprising really as ive not slept for like 30 odd hours or so -w-
not you boss..

to the people who moan about shit on this board, if you dont like it, you know what you can do dontcha!!
fine, i'm off out now anyhow. you see i've got a life - i'll leave you to work on getting to post number 8000

User avatar
darkmatteruk
Posts: 2684
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:55 am

Post by darkmatteruk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 am

i must say, alot of this has passed me by, seen a bit of it lately, but not much overall

reptilian
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 am

Post by reptilian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:26 am

Blackdown wrote:does my nut in. some people are shameless, like that caspa album thread where everyone is linking to their air releases. do you think the guy who started the thread wanted to be spammed? nah he wanted info on the caspa album...
exactly - that really pissed me off

although to be fair i put up a link on that thread

but it was to a lionel richie album :wink:

paulie
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:57 am

Post by paulie » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 am

Reptilian wrote:
Blackdown wrote:does my nut in. some people are shameless, like that caspa album thread where everyone is linking to their air releases. do you think the guy who started the thread wanted to be spammed? nah he wanted info on the caspa album...
exactly - that really pissed me off

although to be fair i put up a link on that thread

but it was to a lionel richie album :wink:
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 44 guests