Caspa responds to Simon Reynolds' Guardian blog

debate, appreciation, interviews, reviews (events or releases), videos, radio shows
johnthethird

Post by johnthethird » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 pm

So beautiful. All of it. :lol:

ST100

Post by ST100 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 pm

who gives a shit?

Pistonsbeneath

Post by Pistonsbeneath » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:02 pm

mattron wrote:who gives a shit?
you give enough of a shit to tell people you don't

:lol:
http://www.mixcloud.com/garethom/night-tracks-040-pistonsbeneath-guest-mix/

Soundcloud

BUY PISTONSBENEATH 24TH CENTURY EP CDS & DIGITAL

THREAD FOR MY GETDARKER SETS W/ YOUTUBE LINKS, ITUNES & DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS

SCA MIX

HEDMUK MIX

bookings - verity at subcultureartists.com

-blade-

Post by -blade- » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Rogue Star wrote:
Plastician wrote:The thing that annoys me with articles like this is that, if too many of them pop up, people who spend most of their lives reading blogs and internet forums instead of actually going out and experiencing the music in question start believing what they read to be true, without building their own independent opinions of the subject matter.

Basically these are the same people who write these blogs, and regurgetate exactly what they've read elsewhere without even giving the music a chance.

If you go to a caspa show, its generally very busy full of people going mental. Is it really a crime to help people have fun as part of your job?

It seems he gets a lot of stick on here and on other blogs and sites purely because he is not "cool" in the blogosphere.
This

and it seems yet again the grammar and phrase police start baring down on all those who's english may not be up to their "high" standards. Please get over yourselves :roll:
...same thing that Grime kinda took down...

-blade-

Post by -blade- » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Uncle Bill wrote:
milanese wrote:Plastician said it well and i agree... some discussion is always fine and people should always feel they can express their opinions.

But we've reached a stage now where we seem to be having a discussion about a discussion over an article that discusses how much discussion there was about someone's album, that album was itself called Everybody's Talking, Nobody's Listening... classic.
This is the right answer.
There it is.

dubstee

Post by dubstee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Piston wrote:ffs this is still alive

and most people seem to have a problem with a critic expressing his opinion

caspas audience are not the kind of people to read a blog of that sort so i don't see what real harm it's done

if anything i think simon reynolds is preaching to the converted so it's kinda pointless
Didn't read the article did you? :|

ST100

Post by ST100 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Piston wrote:
mattron wrote:who gives a shit?
you give enough of a shit to tell people you don't

:lol:
I never said I didn't give a shit. :wink:

Pistonsbeneath

Post by Pistonsbeneath » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 pm

dubstee wrote:

caspas audience are not the kind of people to read a blog of that sort so i don't see what real harm it's done

if anything i think simon reynolds is preaching to the converted so it's kinda pointless
yes

I don't mean he's trying to convert people..i'm saying that his readership is likely to agree with him.....i read the whol article hence feel qualified to read it...the only bits i diagreed with were what he said about mala, loefah & plastician but tbh this may just be his experience that he heard them playing a lot of hyp tunes...
http://www.mixcloud.com/garethom/night-tracks-040-pistonsbeneath-guest-mix/

Soundcloud

BUY PISTONSBENEATH 24TH CENTURY EP CDS & DIGITAL

THREAD FOR MY GETDARKER SETS W/ YOUTUBE LINKS, ITUNES & DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS

SCA MIX

HEDMUK MIX

bookings - verity at subcultureartists.com

dubstee

Post by dubstee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Piston wrote:
dubstee wrote:

yes

I don't mean he's trying to convert people..i'm saying that his readership is likely to agree with him.....i read the whol article hence feel qualified to read it...the only bits i diagreed with were what he said about mala, loefah & plastician but tbh this may just be his experience that he heard them playing a lot of hyp tunes...
Agree with him on what? That the only time dubstep sounds distinctive is on wobble tunes? That was the central point on the sound as a whole. He basically wrote off the other parts of the sound as derivative.