Various Production - Live in Seattle (Chop Suey/KEXP sets)

archives of radio shows, promo mixes, podcasts, studio mixes, live mixes
Forum rules
By using this "Mixes" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
brother loves dub

Various Production - Live in Seattle (Chop Suey/KEXP sets)

Post by brother loves dub » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:35 pm

Hello,

my first post to Dubstepforum.com comes with a gift. first link is for those who already have the KEXP set and the second is a zip with both sets. i edited out the drum and bass dj set and tacked on Bruk on the end.

I'd like to give giant thanks to Ian, Peter and Adam for being kind enough to let me record this from the mixer. Special thanks also go to Colin at Chop Suey for having the vision to bring Various to Seattle and introducing me to the guys.

Chop Suey set only: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tgbktf
Chop Suey & KEXP sets: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0xfc42

bring on those new 12"s and hurry back with that 6 piece band!

struggle

Post by struggle » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:02 am

thanks....

brian?

nospin

Post by nospin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 am

thanks ... i wasnt able to go cause i'm not 21 yet, but i'm glad i get to hear the recording

brother loves dub

Post by brother loves dub » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:54 pm

struggle wrote:thanks....

brian?
yep. i'm loving this set but a bit disappointed nobody has commented. the version of Hater they play at the end is incredible and i'm stunned at the quality of the new tracks. i think Various have a great collection of music at this point. i was a bit disappointed with the LP but that's only because i had the singles already. the next round of singles and remixes they have coming out should put them back on top by the time they tour again in the summer.

so for the 80+ views on this thread, how many have bothered to get the files and what's the opinion on the set?

badga tek

Post by badga tek » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:04 pm

brother loves dub wrote:so for the 80+ views on this thread, how many have bothered to get the files and what's the opinion on the set?
On the DL now. I've generally found Dubsteppers to be quite ambivalent about Various. Never hear anyone playing Hater or Don't Ask in their sets. Bit of a shame. I'll give some proper feedback once I've had a listen

kate_

Post by kate_ » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 pm

I play 'em in my sets!
I just figured everybody else was playing them too, but you're right, I cannot recall ever hearing anyone else play them but maybe Maryanne Hobbes.

Thanks for the link!

maximus

Post by maximus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:26 pm

i always play hater and i always have people come up to me and ask what it was...

maximus

Post by maximus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 pm

maybe no one has commented because they are too lazy to join sendspace....

lump shaker

Post by lump shaker » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm

Thanks! I'm a huge Various fan - especially their breezeblock mix.

brother loves dub

Post by brother loves dub » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Lump Shaker wrote:Thanks! I'm a huge Various fan - especially their breezeblock mix.
you'll love both of these sets then. virtually no overlap with the Breezeblock set.

i didn't realize you had to sign up for Sendspace, but i guess the file size was too big.

there are some absolutely huge new tunes they played. i've heard the set about 10 times now and it still sounds exciting.

marsyas

Post by marsyas » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:06 pm

quite a few people play them !!

i downloaded, thanks but...the sets kinda meh.
i am glad i didnt go personally.
there is a handfull of songs i like from them, but just as many i hate.
especially the yorke remix, cant stand it.

brother loves dub

Post by brother loves dub » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Marsyas wrote: especially the yorke remix, cant stand it.
yeah, i absolutely hate Thom Yorke, but this mix has grown on me. diff. strokes etc.

i'm curious, which of their songs do you like? what about this set didn't you like?

nospin

Post by nospin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:20 pm

yeah no more yorke please

crash fistfight

Post by crash fistfight » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:56 am

Its letting me d/l without signing up which is cool, can't wait to hear them I love VP. I haven't ever heard Vp on a night out. Hater would drop so well in a set and as commented before it has been proved, such a shame. Thanks for this. Will comment when I have had a proper listen.
"We are now up against live, hostile targets. So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch."

mushug

Post by mushug » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks brother loves dub! On the download!!!

Checked them live in Lisboa 2 months ago, really wicked set... really into their stuff.
They also played some dnb / jungle at the end, worked really well for me.
Great to see that they're getting nice bookings! They really deserve more props from the dubstep scene...

b&w

uh yeah

Post by b&w » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:04 am

First off, the show was brilliant if you ignore the awful drum-n-bass excursion toward the end...

Second, to all the Thom Yorke Haters...grow up...especially you, Brother Loves Dub

brother loves dub

Re: uh yeah

Post by brother loves dub » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 am

b&w wrote:First off, the show was brilliant if you ignore the awful drum-n-bass excursion toward the end...

Second, to all the Thom Yorke Haters...grow up...especially you, Brother Loves Dub
:roll: lissen foolio jones, dust off your gramaphone and kindly place the needle on side a of vars007. on the clue bus now? :D

what's up my man! great time at the show with you and the crew. various production have been on the stereo nonstop since the show. we're working on trackmarking the sets. so many good new tunes. i'm more impressed the more i listen to this set. some absolutely filthy new beats.

badger

Post by badger » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 am

im a big fan of various production, got a few of their releases on vinyl. downloading this now, looks promising

municiple

Post by municiple » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:55 am

Seems to me that Various are maybe the Everything but the Girl of dubstep. Will check the set, though. Thanks for sharing.

vonboyage

Post by vonboyage » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:08 am

municiple wrote:...Various are maybe the Everything but the Girl of dubstep
Lol i remember them, do they still make music ?

Back on track..

.. I havent heard much of V.P, Only Hater & possibly ONE other..

Myspace ?
Origininja