An investigation running at 168bpm

archives of radio shows, promo mixes, podcasts, studio mixes, live mixes
Forum rules
By using this "Mixes" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
blip

Post by blip » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:13 pm

UFO over easy wrote:
Blip wrote:Hey, in 92 half time breaks were almost full time breaks still.
Can you clarify? In the hardcore days it was a standard trick to flip from standard time to half time to back again.. the fact that it was more like 158 doesn't make any difference. On the rougher side of things the dudes releasing on Moving Shadows/bizzy b/brain recs etc used to do that all the time. Digital was doing prototype-Amit style stuff in 1996 too. He was doing pure dubbed out half time in 1996. As much as I rate Amit, I have no idea why he gets as much coverage as he does...
Pieter K wrote:Sileni, very good point, Pieter K, not really. But I should listen more and talk less, mix still slowly downloading...
Pieter K is a phenomenal producer, and one of the most forward thinking around. Get Everything All The Time and tell me that could've been released in 1996... almost everything done from scratch, including his drums which he recorded himself on his own kit.
Not sure I know that one, will do homework. Kid Kameleon did an all Pieter K mix some time ago, that's my most recent memory of listening to his stuff. Like I said, I want to believe. I want to be wrong. :)

ufo over easy

Post by ufo over easy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:15 pm

haha, nah it sounds like you know what you're talking about... I just love Pieter K so much, he's one of my favourite producers in any genre. I reckon that tune there is one of my desert island discs easily.

Everything All The Time is the album he put out on Breakbeat Science. One of the only drum and bass albums I have that really flows coherently and warrants listening to all the way through. Some absolutely fantastic ideas across a really wide range of bpms and styles :D
:d:

ces

Post by ces » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Pieter K - Everything All the Time has got to be one of the best dnb albums of all time.

Unfortunately, he hasn't done much for me since then.

ufo over easy

Re:

Post by ufo over easy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 am

ufo over easy

Re:

Post by ufo over easy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 am