Hanuman Vs El Kano - Soundcrash Mix

archives of radio shows, promo mixes, podcasts, studio mixes, live mixes
Forum rules
By using this "Mixes" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.
Locked
hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Hanuman Vs El Kano - Soundcrash Mix

Post by hanuman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm

DJ C. has been kind enough to host our new mixtape on the mashit site. You can grab it here:
http://www.mashit.com/

50 minute of the usual global wreckage with some oddities and exclusives thrown in along the way. Also, some lovely artwork by El Kano.All feedback appreciated.

1. Signal - Waves [Raster Noton]
2. Omar Faruk Tekbilek - Shashkin [Celestial Harmonies]
3. Atki2 - Knock Knock [unreleased]
4. Atki2 ft General Levy - The Wig [unreleased]
5. Luke Vibert - Blasted Wook [Lo Recordings]
6. Small Arms Fiya feat. Serocee - Give It To Mi [1965 Records]
7. Paris Zax - Retreat [Alpha Pup Recordings]
8. Ding Dong - Badman Forward Badman Pullup (acapella) [VP US]
9. Cursor Miner - EventsBeginToSpiralOutOfControl [Noodles Discotheque]
10. Sukshinda Shinda - Dhamiwala Da Dhol [Naxos]
11. Roll Deep - 30 [Roll Deep Recordings]
12. Crookers ft MC Dandão - Soca Ali Baba [Man Recordings]
13. Modeselektor - The Black Block [BPitch Control]
14. Deadbeat - Gimme A Little Slack [~scape]
15. MIA - Bamboo Banga [Interscope Records]
16. DIM - Airbus Baby [Turbo Recordings]
17. Proxy - Din Dah [Turbo Recordings]
18. DJ Scud - No Love [Transparent]
19. Mala - Lean Forward [DMZ]
20. Badboy - Badboy [WSM]
21. Darqwan - Confused [Texture Records]
22. Skream - Losing Control [Tempa Recordings]
23. Monkeysteak - Black Milk [unreleased]
24. A Made Up Sound - 699 [Subsolo Records]
25. Pope Thermador - Selassie on the Wye [unreleased]
26. Monkeysteak - Hairy Angler (Demo version No1) [unreleased]
27. Sickboy - March of the Antifa [Tigerbeat6]
28. Mahala Rai Banda - Spoitoresa ([Atlantic Jaxx]
29. Vybez Cartel - Gun Session [Greensleeves]
30. DJ Scud - Coldharbour Lane [Rephlex]
31. Tweet & Missy Elliot - Oops (Oh My) [Elektra]
32. Speedranch Jansky Noise - Herve Villechaize has Metamorphosing Rhino Balls [Planet Mu]

faustus
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 5:31 pm
Location: UK

Post by faustus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 am

this looks wicked as always, be on this as soon as I get home.

dj scud - coldharbour lane --> one of my favourite tracks ever

:deephouse party:

david_m
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:03 pm
Location: A Corunha
Contact:

Post by david_m » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm

This mix is too much! :o
Thanks for sharing it

User avatar
daphter
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Aotearoa
Contact:

Post by daphter » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

This is gonna make my 8 hour drive easier! 8)

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hanuman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Daphter wrote:This is gonna make my 8 hour drive easier! 8)
You going to listen 8 times then?

User avatar
moujah
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 pm
Location: Bratislava, the dancehall music centre of the world (big up Plastician)
Contact:

Post by moujah » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:56 am

this is toooo much! Hanuman, you're from Bristol? why haven't I seen you live while I was there? love your old mixes as well, wicked selection as always, crazy mixing and all that.. need to be jumpin to this in a club one day!!
3 things I miss most from the UK... swede, cider and the music scene!

User avatar
d e a d b o y
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: London SE4
Contact:

Post by d e a d b o y » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm

this mix is fffiiiiiyyyyaaaaahhhhh.

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hanuman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:52 pm

moujah wrote:this is toooo much! Hanuman, you're from Bristol? why haven't I seen you live while I was there? love your old mixes as well, wicked selection as always, crazy mixing and all that.. need to be jumpin to this in a club one day!!
No mate, I'm a Londoner. Sam Atki2 is the Brizzle connection.
I want to be jumping in a club to it too!

User avatar
moujah
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 pm
Location: Bratislava, the dancehall music centre of the world (big up Plastician)
Contact:

Post by moujah » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:06 pm

hanuman wrote:
moujah wrote:this is toooo much! Hanuman, you're from Bristol? why haven't I seen you live while I was there? love your old mixes as well, wicked selection as always, crazy mixing and all that.. need to be jumpin to this in a club one day!!
No mate, I'm a Londoner. Sam Atki2 is the Brizzle connection.
I want to be jumping in a club to it too!
yeah, I've seen Atki2 a few times in Bristol, his new bits in your mix sound very fresh... just got mistaken by the info in the article on Mashit.com. it says: "Our friends El Kano from London’s Adverse Camber crew and Hanuman of Bristol’s Monkey Steak" so that's why I was asking.. but I got it now :)
3 things I miss most from the UK... swede, cider and the music scene!

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hanuman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:32 pm

moujah wrote:
hanuman wrote:
moujah wrote:this is toooo much! Hanuman, you're from Bristol? why haven't I seen you live while I was there? love your old mixes as well, wicked selection as always, crazy mixing and all that.. need to be jumpin to this in a club one day!!
No mate, I'm a Londoner. Sam Atki2 is the Brizzle connection.
I want to be jumping in a club to it too!
yeah, I've seen Atki2 a few times in Bristol, his new bits in your mix sound very fresh... just got mistaken by the info in the article on Mashit.com. it says: "Our friends El Kano from London’s Adverse Camber crew and Hanuman of Bristol’s Monkey Steak" so that's why I was asking.. but I got it now :)
Everyone thinks I live in Bristol! Even DJ C it would seem. Its cool tho, Bristols a good place to live!
Really glad you're liking the mix! Feel free to book me to come and play in Bratislava! :wink:

User avatar
djshiva
Posts: 4933
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: aka sapphic_beats Indianaptizzle, IN USA
Contact:

Post by djshiva » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:50 pm

really fun mix!!!! thank you for sharing!
Here, have a free tune:
Soundcloud

keri b
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: Long Beach, NY
Contact:

take a Butcher's at the dub sandwich

Post by keri b » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:11 am

Checked out your mix posted beside your signature.

Crafty Butcher Mix available here:
http://www.spannered.org/radio/1217/

Much respect. I've played the Butcher mix twice already, so haven't had a chance to listen to the SoundCrash mix with el kano. Being strictly about the mixes I need to say this is where dubstep belongs, in mixes alongside other genres and interesting flavors. Love it.

-Keith Brough

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: take a Butcher's at the dub sandwich

Post by hanuman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Keri B wrote:Checked out your mix posted beside your signature.

Crafty Butcher Mix available here:
http://www.spannered.org/radio/1217/

Much respect. I've played the Butcher mix twice already, so haven't had a chance to listen to the SoundCrash mix with el kano. Being strictly about the mixes I need to say this is where dubstep belongs, in mixes alongside other genres and interesting flavors. Love it.

-Keith Brough
Yo cheers Keith. Kind of you to say so. THere are a couple of other mixes of mine on Spannered and lots of other good stuff too. My favourite one of mine on there is the Ornithology mix.

Incidentally, wicked post title!

User avatar
moujah
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 pm
Location: Bratislava, the dancehall music centre of the world (big up Plastician)
Contact:

Post by moujah » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:35 am

hanuman wrote:Feel free to book me to come and play in Bratislava! :wink:
check your post ;)
3 things I miss most from the UK... swede, cider and the music scene!

clone.a.k.
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:30 pm
Location: Humboldt County, California
Contact:

Post by clone.a.k. » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:30 pm

u mashed my day!
thnx blud

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hanuman » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:46 pm

moujah wrote:
hanuman wrote:Feel free to book me to come and play in Bratislava! :wink:
check your post ;)
:D
clone.A.K. wrote:u mashed my day!
thnx blud
ALways happy to mash tings up!

hanuman
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by hanuman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:01 pm

Brap-islava here we come!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests