My First Dubstep Track/Remix Looking For Some Feedback

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum

What Do You Think

It Sucks You Should Quit This Sh*t
20%
Bad
No votes
Not Bad
40%
I Dig It
40%
Keep This Sh*t Up Love It
No votes

Total votes: 5

jonnybouta

My First Dubstep Track/Remix Looking For Some Feedback

Post by jonnybouta » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey Whats good,
This is my first dubstep track I'm putting back there looking for some feedback. Its a Remix of a Kid Cudi Song Called The Prayer...

Soundcloud

Anyways let me know what ya think.
Jonny Bouta
Soundcloud

-toxiK

Re: My First Dubstep Track/Remix Looking For Some Feedback

Post by -toxiK » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 am

Not bad man, I enjoyed the listen. Good for a first!
Check out my stuff :) I've only started recently and done a few tracks.

http://soundcloud.com/toxikdubs/

eldoogle

Post by eldoogle » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 am

Seems like your synth part doesn't fit with the funerals original guitars. Like the notes you write. It isn't terrible, and I guess it doesn't have to be the same but your notes and the guitar doesn't complement each other. Work at it!

simongeorgyd

Post by simongeorgyd » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:48 am

Intro's nice and so is the vocal. Your main synth though leaves alot to be desired as do the drums! I can see what your'e trying to do but in my humble opinion the drop needs much more dirt and a sub bass...

jonnybouta

Post by jonnybouta » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:57 pm

@toxiK Sounds pretty legit... I will have to give them a better listen with some more feedback over the next couple days.

@eldoogle Thanks for the feedback I will look into some different notes I was pretty satisfied with them but I can definitely see where you are coming from.

@simongeorgyd Thanks for the feedback holmes... This is definitely a rough mix I have left a lot to be mastered. My plans for it at this point are to work on the percussion and drums on the build ups make them a bit more interesting... Also to make a lot more dramatic drop... The drums and percussion should help but I agree a really filthy sub bass would sound sick on the drop.. This I think will be my next addition to the song.

Thanks all for your feedback... I appreciate it as I get some more time over the next day or two Im going to have to come back in and give some feedback. If any of you have a particular song I'd love to give it a listen.
Jonny Bouta
Soundcloud